I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

That's not news whatsoever

2. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

How is this informative in any way?

3. Will_Barcells

Will_Barcells New Member

I would love to see him back. Sanchez seemed to always be able to find for the clutch catch. Even if hes not the same Braylon he was in 09' and 10' he'll be able to contribute something. He's obviously going to come on the cheap making it a very low risk move. If hes nothing more than a familiar face for Sanchez, I still say its worth the vet min to grab him.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

someone in this thread, I'm not saying who, doesn't understand the very simple difference between "news" -- noteworthy information about recent events -- and some dipshit's opinion.

I'm not saying who, but if you look hard enough I think you can spot him.

5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

ESPN thought it was news. Sorry

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no they didn't.

someone in this thread, I'm not saying who, doesn't understand the very simple difference between a "news article" -- a report featuring noteworthy information about recent events, and a blog -- some dipshit's opinion.

I'm not saying who, but if you look hard enough I think you can spot him.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ohhh...., I know. It's JetBlue, right???

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Having Braylon Edwards back next season would be a huge plus for the team. He's not going to be the deep guy for more than a season or two at the outside but realistically Hill is very unlikely to give us a strong performance next season. Rookie WR's have it really hard in the NFL unless they are head and shoulders above the guys covering them and Hill is not that.

He'll be fine in a year or two but expecting him to do more than go deep with a man on him next season is unrealistic. Braylon Edwards would actually be a real deep threat. In fact Braylon Edwards on one side of the formation and Hill on the other with Holmes in the slot would be very scary for some teams to defend against if the Jets had any kind of pass protection at all.

9. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

dick......

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Edwards at #1 and Hill at #2 should work... provided the run game works.

11. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Holmes would never play the slot full-time. His ego is way too big for that

12. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The fact that Braylon got cut during the season last year, and that he hasn't been able to find a team to take a chance on him this offseason suggests that he's not a #1 receiver at this point in his career.

2010 Braylon Edwards isn't gonna stroll into camp and start doing the dougie. That guy is gone. He may still turn out to be a useful player, but he's a question mark -- you can't plan an offense around him.

13. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I thinking taking a look a Braylon would be worth it

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No way we sign Braylon. Cap limit issues already and we have Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Chaz, and Turner still I think. Drafting Hill with the 2nd round pick killed any chance of signing Braylon who by the way was nothing last year and cut by the 49ers. I LOVED Braylon when he was here and wanted him over Holmes but I don't think he will be the same receiver now as he was for us then. The FO saw a reason not to sign him and the 49ers saw reason to cut him.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Your obsession with Braylon Edwards is starting to tilt towards the creepy side of the scale.

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

We have a crybaby who can explode at anytime as our #1 WR. The rest are all unproven. Bringing in Braylon Edwards would give us a guy who comes to play week in and week out. Who has had success with Sanchez.

17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Signing Edwards is perhaps the most obvious addition to this team I can think of.

18. Br4d

I'm not suggesting Holmes in the slot full-time. I'm suggesting Holmes in the slot when the Jets go 3-wide. You'd have Edwards on one side and Holmes on the other on normal downs with both of them getting breathers from Hill now and then.

19. Br4d

Braylon Edwards is not a high-ticket item any more. He's 5 years removed from his last huge season and pushing 30 years of age. If he plays somewhere next year the deal is going to be for about a million dollars, maybe 1.5M tops. That after all is still a million dollars which is why he'll take it if it is offered. You can't put ego in the bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.