Anybody excited about the Up Coming Season???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, May 19, 2012.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Go back thru the posts in this thread & U will see my thoughts on what should have been done :sad:

2. championjets69

Since we are nor true contenders in fact not even contenders this season so what is there to get excited about? Sorry I can not get excited of seeing a 44th season of being a non SB champion :sad:

3. championjets69

Betting Tebow is the starter by Oct :sad:

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There's not much else we could of done to overtake the Patriots not in one offseason.

We need to execute on the field for 4 quarters simple as that. We let them off the hook in one game and the last game we laid an egg

We got our new OC well have to see how the offense responds

But if we leave plays out on the field were screwed. The Patriots take advantage of pretty much every opportunity so that's why I'm saying execution is the primary issue and that is the extension of the coordinator

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

5. JAG

JAG New Member

Hmmm if the Jets got better at every position and if at no point is Tebow the starter how did they get better at QB?

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There was no way the Jets were going to overcome the Pats in one season once Manning went to Denver. It's not even the main object for the organization.

The main object for the organization should have been setting the stage to see whether or not Mark Sanchez should be the Qb going forward. Unfortunately the FO has made several moves that make that assessment more difficult than it should have been, and imo the off season can at this point be fairly characterized as a failure to set up that main objective.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We beat the Pats 2 years ago in the playoffs and split the regular season. They beat us last year but we had our chances to win at least one of those games.

Why does it sound from a lot of these posters that the Jets went 1-15 last year? We did the Pats games will be close again and we have a good chance of winning. Both teams continue to make adjustments and don't underestimate the Pats losing Light that will be a huge hole to fill and there defense still sucks.

Every team in this league has big Holes. The Giants sucked most of the season then got hot, The packers defense was atrocious as was the Patriots. The Ravens had inconsistent play on offense.

The gap between the Jets and the Pats is not that big but with that being said the gap between the Bills and the Dolphags is not that big either.

The Jets will need to play better on offense this season and if the O-line stays healthy they will.

I did not like Schotty as an OC for a lot of the reason stated here but the biggest thing Sparano should bring to the O is accountability. I don't see Holmes acting the way he did last year with Sparano.

Yes, The o-line needs to play better our RB's need to play better our receivers need to play better and ultimately our QB needs to play better.

I am a firm believer that any half way decent QB can be effective if they have time to throw the ball if Sanchez has time he should do ok if not it will be a long season fi he does we have just as a good chance to go to the Super Bowl as anybody else.

Brady will have one of his worst season as a pro this year without Light protecting his blind side.

8. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I'm pretty new here on these boards, so I have no idea how much I should be in awe of your great number of posts... but I simply have to call you on your reasoning and logic.

You appear to take massive pride in the concept of keeping track of how many "failed" seasons ago it was since the Jets won their only SB. When it in fact shows absolutely nothing. With your logic, 31 teams should just go away and die every year due to failing miserably.

And stop pretending the Jets having to be better than NE to get somewhere.

Once you're in the playoffs, it's an open race. Hell, you don't even have to be a top team to win the damn thing. Just look at the Giants. In EVERY SINGLE SPORT containing a playoff tree, if you get into the playoffs all you have to do is get more points (note: not necessarily being better) than the teams YOU play against - on that specific day.

If I were you, I'd stop coming off as if you've invented some awesome way to measure success - and above all, stop imposing your perception of how the '12 season will go by trying to thwart other peoples' hopes and praires of it being successful, regardless of how insanely retarded that optimism might be.

9. championjets69

H'mm sorry to say what I post is my opinion of what I forsee for the upcoming season based on the moves made by the FO up to now & the quality of players we have on the team vs other teams

As for our "failed" seasons since 01/12/69 that is a HISTORICAL FACT plain & simple. The same goes for Woody ownership record as RR HC record.

True on the POs but from what I see the NYJs will NOT even smell the POs this year & RR will be dumped & the same old merry go round will start agin & it will be another 5-7 years under another HC before we are contenders again.

I am not a hope & pray NYJ fan since hoping & praying gets U no where in the NFL.

Now that U know in the future it maybe wisest for U to pass my posts by since they do not appear to be your liking :sad:

10. 101GangGreen101

Our history over the past decade hasn't been bad though. We've developed continuity in the front office finally and it appears they know what they are doing to an extent

Rex's seat maybe warm but we haven't had a losing season in his tenure yet. But this era def has a different feel to it compared to the processors. Rex and the Jets will bounce back. We got alot of talent here its all about putting it together.

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Overall he was a good play designer. Not every play works out well.

People seem to forget just how refreshing his plays looked after dealing the Heimerdinger and worse Hackett.

12. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

I think your exactly right and i think when the piece are put togheter we are gonna see a lot of good thing.

13. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

not excited at all.

14. Phear

Phear New Member

We also lost Thomas and Leonhard.

15. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

Excited to watch the defense..

Certainly not excited to watch Tebow call the signals.

16. championjets69

Sorry I disagree on RR success is NOT determined by winning seasons but by winning SBs which makes RR a loser just like every coach we have not named Ewbank :sad:

17. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

with our new safeties(THANK GOD!)....our D is gonna be much improved ......we have the best corner duo in the NFL ,,,,our safeties should not be used traditionally REX! theyy should be like 2 palamaluo's ..all over the gdamn place .

18. 101GangGreen101

Hey but we're alot closer than we were with Mangini or Herm. I agree Rex had to win the big one but he's only been here for 3 seasons. Gotta be patient and see it through. AFC teams that ruled the conference aren't getting better and I think the Jets improved this offseason.

And must you have that sad thing at the end of each post? Lol for real

19. championjets69

U missing the key point which is after a 2012 losing season Woody will axe RR cause he must show the big time PSL owner he is serious about winning the SB. Once that happens the merry-go-round will begin again since a new HC will have to get rid of all the deadwood he sees on the team, install new systems yada, yada, yada making us maybe true contenders 5/7 years after the 2012 season :sad:

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think at least in the short run the only thing the Jets may have done to improve the team will depend on Coples, and whether he can finally help provide a real pass rush.

Other than that, I see no improvement whatsoever.