Cowheard's AFC EAST predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 9, 2012.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I think that the Pats won't win 13, but certainly 10 or more if Brady doesn't get hurt.

I think that 9-7 for the Bills is a very real possibility. If they stay healthy, they might even win more, especially if their youngsters at OT come through. Too many people are forgetting that the Bills hired Dave Wannstadt to be their DC. Whatever DW's short-comings as a HC, he knows how to build a defense, and that was before the Bills made their splash in FA and before the draft.

I think the 3 wins for the Fins is unreasonable unless they start Tannehill early in the season. Moore is a decent QB. They have improved their OL, and their defense isn't bad. I could see Miami winning as many as 7 games this season.

I think 7-9 for the Jets is reasonable. Some posters have touted that the Jets "almost made the playoffs" last year. They were also 2 plays -- an errant Tony Romo pass and/or a TD drop by Stevie Johnson -- from being 6-10 or 7-9. When they had opportunities to win games at the end of the season after getting to 8-5, they failed utterly. That's NOT a team that "almost made the playoffs".

I think the issues that Cowherd brought up are important ones. The locker room and Tebow issues will remain unresolved until/unless Sanchez plays much better. The Jets cannot afford to trade or release Holmes, and if Sanchez can't/won't throw him catchable balls, he's going to throw more tantrums. Also, by leaving Hunter at RT, the Jets haven't helped Sanchez at all; he seems to go into "deer in the headlights" mode when he can see the rush coming.

Tebow is supposed to be the backup QB, but I think he's been brought in to deflect attention from the FO if Sanchez fails. If he's used frequently as some kind of running/option threat which is what Ryan claimed, he runs the very real risk of being hurt. Then what? There's a reason why wildcat style QBs either don't play QB or they're the third one active.

If the FO bows to fan/media pressure and replaces an ineffective Sanchez, that's a disaster. The Pats and Bills figured out Tebow last year, and the rest of the NFL will do so this year in short order.

I also have to question how effective the Jets' running game will be given their difficulties in running the ball last season. The Jets' OL isn't really built to be a great run blocking line, and Shonn Greene hardly puts fear into many defenses. Last season, the Jets were 29th in YPC. Running the ball more doesn't necessarily mean that it will be successful.

The Jets D is good and will probably continue to be decent. The problem is that the offense, which had a lot of three and outs last season, probably won't give them much support. It's hard to win a lot of games when the offense can't score more than 1 offensive TD a game, but that seems to be the range the Jets are aiming for.

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think you guys take radio personalities way too seriously.

Who cares.

Besides, I am hoping the media and pundits continue to pile on with the continued "Jets Suck" mantra. It worked for us in 2009 so I like being the underdog and being looked at like the Browns. More fodder for Rex to be handing out to the players when they are in TC.

3. JAG

JAG New Member

You'll always have Greenberg!!!! oh and "It worked for us in 2009"

So um it was the media "bias" that caused the Jets success, seems logical

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The problem with Colin is he only roots for "great" teams. If your not a "great" team he won't even talk about you. My favorite argument is when he says "well this (unnamed) pro scout told me Alabama has 7 legit NFL players on their D" , and then he'll say it all season using somebody else's opinion as his own. His college football analogies are the worst..."Alabama should get another shot at LSU because Villanova beat Gtown in 85 after losing twice to them" so what. In case you missed it they have a playoff in CBB.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Cowherd is a joke who hates to admit hes wrong. Stopped listening to him over a year ago. Does he still compare things to a pretty girl?

6. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I definitely know that ESPN has a Boston bias since they are based in Bristol, CT. I do watch ESPN but I attempt to keep an open mind and watch NY based sports channels like YES, MSG, and SNY since they have extensive coverage of all NY teams.

As for Colin Cowherd, he has a right to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Only fate shall determine what is to come for the 2012 NFL season.

7. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

Yea and the jets were two plays from being 10 and 6. The bills just sucked .

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Jets were also a couple of plays from being 6-10.

9. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

how do you ignore the trolls like that patsfantx and all the bills fuckers?

10. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

why anyone listens to coward is beyond me hes the biggest front running, dick riding, underdog hater there is.

11. EastVillager

EastVillager Member

Exactly. Predictions made before training camp are even more useless than ones made during training camp, and even the latter is nothing more than mental masturbation.

12. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Bristol, CT is 119 miles from Boston, it's 109 miles from New York City. Fact is ESPN heavily favor and cover both New York and New England teams. The L.A. outfit of ESPN heavily covers the L.A. teams.

#92 21stAmendment, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  13. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I love all of the Jets fans who say they dont care about what these people think, or that these predictions dont matter. How many of you were stoked 2 years ago though when people predicted you preseason to get to the Super Bowl? I bet these guys weren't assholes and blowhards then. I bet they were right on!

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It leans toward Boston. I think more people there are Boston fans. This was before the 2011 baseball season: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks
    45 experts had the Red Sox winning the AL East, 40 had them making the World Series. This was last season where they missed the playoffs.

A lot of Jets fans were pissed off because we liked being under the radar and then ruining what experts picked. Even the players enjoyed it as seen at the start of Bart Scott's can't wait speech calling out the NFL countdown crew. Also, do you have those links? I don't remember those but thats because I usually avoid preseason predictions.

15. EastVillager

EastVillager Member

Should be interesting to see what you say when people starting predicting the Bills will have a top 5 defense.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

...Because that happens all the time.

What a bunch of bull. Most Jet fans get incensed at any article or comment that even sounds negative about the Jets.

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

Easy to do

Click on CP at the top....go to edit ignore list....add PatsfanTX, any other chowds and/or Bills morons or SOJFs you wish and POOF they are GONE

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Name one ESPN commentator that favors any NY team...that is just totally untrue.

19. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

Yep, I was just pointing out you could say the same thing going the other way. Heck the Giants were 9 and 7 . they could have lost to the jets and never made the playoffs. My point is there are allot of teams where one play here or there changes there season or how it is looked at.

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

At this point, I dont see why anyone would be doing that.