Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I said CURRENTLY about Sparano's standing as an OC. Not the future, as in "won't be". Talk about FAIRNESS - do you think it is fair to argue with someone by changing and misrepresenting what they are saying? I don't.

There's more to being OC than signal calling, and on what basis do you isolate Sparano's role in Dallas as THE factor that got Romo in the Pro Bowl?

At least you could have acknowledged that I never said Sparano is destined to fail as an OC. Was it fair not to do so? Or are you just going to continue to misrepresent what I said, and ignore when I point that out?

Here's an idea - I predict you will not come up with a single solid reason to explain why you think it likely that Sparano will succeed as an OC.

I also predict you will continue to misread or misrepresent my posts.

That being the case, I win, and you have a nice day.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The hope for the Jets offense next year is that play-action and the deep game opens everything else up and the offense progresses, with all the players in it getting the top half of their game online instead of the bottom half that they were mostly mired in last year.

The fear, at least for me, is that the two-headed offense prevents either side from working well and that this leads to the Jets going back and forth all year long without ever getting either side working at peak efficiency.

My nightmare start for the year is that the Jets get bogged down on their first few drives and then bring in the Tebowcat package and that doesn't work all that well either. I'd much rather they spent the effort this off-season to make the first-string offense as good as it can be because I think the Tebow shenanigans peaked last year along about game 13 and then had one last hurrah at home in the playoffs against a Steelers defense that got old at the end of the year.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Slauson improved a lot during his first year starting, and battled injury all last year. I think he'll be above average next season, and partially this is why Ferguson struggled at times. I see them both bouncing back this year. I don't agree at all about Keller. I don't know why people are acting like all we will do is run the ball. We still need a TE that can catch the ball and you're crazy if you don't think Keller will fit that roll, being one of Sanchez's top targets. We know he's not the best blocker, but it's good to have the option to pass to him, and it will give defenses something else to worry about. Again, run opens up the pass, just like pass opens up the run. We're not going to be some stubborn offense that does absolutely nothing but run. It will most likely go half and half, depending on Sanchez, but again having Hill out there will instantly open up the running game.

4. Big Blocker

SLauson was the worst starter on the team his first year, and that included at the end of it. He's still mediocre. Whether he will improve this year remains to be seen.

I understand Keller has his talents, but he's soft as a blocker, dropped too many passes, and being one of Sanchez's top targets doesn't mean all that much. When he's on the field on running plays, he doesn't add anything. And if you take him out to run the ball, you are letting the D have a good guess what is coming. He's in his contract year, and that is a big problem. He'll be worth less next year in a trade, and I don't think he fits with the Jets' long term plans.

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Great post. May be fun to monitor the Rams boards this year.

6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

please list your qualifications and the education that gives you the base to call the guy brainless. Have you ever been the OC of a NFL team with a raw rookie QB? Then if so, were you able to get that rookie QB to play well enough to get to the AFCCG not once but twice? If you have done that fire away!

7. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Slauson did pretty well for a guy with a rookie center next to him for part of the year. BRICK also had a down year. The hate for Slauson is senseless and baseless and to cite his play in his first year is ridiculous. he played on one of the best OLs in the NFL and held up pretty well. The guy was injured this year and played through it most of the year! He was strapped up so he could play. I find any attack on Slauson to be amusing at best!

I do agree with you about Killer-Keller. the guy seems to drop passes at important times. I do not care for his blocking at all. I think he will be gone soon if one of the kids shows anything in camp. I see us getting a pick for Killer-Keller!

#4687 Kentucky Jet, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I laughed out loud at this. :)

I don't feel I'm misrepresenting your posts, but rather responding to how I perceive your arguments. Don't take it personally.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh damn I forgot, fans can't criticize players and coaches becuase they've never played or coached at the NFL level... how stupid of us -.-".

It's a damn shame I can't talk about politics becuase I have never been the president of the United States... that's how retarded your argument is.

10. Phear

Phear New Member

Psssst.... 624 has been banned for a while and cannot respond to this. Just sayin.

11. Big Blocker

Geez, I don't hate Slauson. I was right in calling him the worst starter on the team his first year. I said he was okay to mediocre last year. He was, whether due to injury or not, no better than that. I don't hate him. If I did I might say he played like Wayne Hunter, or more accurately worse than Hunter. Even Hunter I don't hate.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

But defending Schottenheimer? really?

Just wow!

You Make Curly, look like Stephen Hawking...

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I thought this thread fucking died in a fire?

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Someones super excited for that new 3 Stooges movie.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer likes to go against everything that works. He has a knack for pissing off players and coaches. He is also supposedly drinking buddies with big Ben rothlesburger and Brett favre.

16. Br4d

Big Ben would be close to his perfect QB, given the sight lines he has available as he tries to figure out where the hell the receivers all are after they finish curly-Qing around each other.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it suck to see the Rams throw up an amazing offensive game?

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about that happening. I wish Schotty luck except when he plays us, but unless he changes, his offenses are going to be average in my opinion

19. Br4d

He could get lucky and click with the right QB and make things run fairly smoothly, assuming he had lots of talent on that side of the ball. Having offensive linemen and tight ends who could sit in a stance all day long waiting for the ball to be snapped would really help. That he chose to pickup Matt Mulligan doesn't bode well though.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

Thank God the moron Son of Marty is GONE

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2