How do our three biggest holes not get addressed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DepressedJet, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

@jerseyjay14

you really have no clue about Mike Adams. He's worse than Vlad/Hunter just from a physical attribute stand point alone

Scouts said he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

2. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Allen`s speciality in college as the Spur Safety was COVERING TEs.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I believe that's one of the reasons they drafted Demario Davis. That's going to be his job.

4. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

I'm pretty sure if we took Adams, there still would be some backlash for taking a dumbass kid who failed a drug test a week before the combine, "how are we gonna add a guy like that to our already disruptive locker room"

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Vlad is going to blossom under Sparano and become the starting RT. He is already the strongest guy on the team and is a beast in the weight room. This kid is going to be the starting RT.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i just cant see it... i know we want to go ground and pound, and pass alot less, but the guy is a turnstyle and is going to kill us in passing situations.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Absolutely. 4.5 speed will keep him stride for stride with any TE.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

So is allen or davis capable to stay with most NFL TE's or have the potential

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Wilkerson last year was a very good pick, and was a need. Coples has huge potential at 3-4 DE, and wil also improve our slow footed will have less resistance. Also, a full training camp with Maybin will do wonders for him.

We signed Laron Landry and drafted a free safety

We are going to be a running team, and Hunter is a solid run blocker. Vlad is also a solid run blocker. Since we are a risk to run on every down, we will see bigger packages on defense against us.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

WTF? From what I understand, Jets needed a #2 WR. They got it. They needed an OLB or ILB. They got that in the third. They needed Devitos replacement who can't pass rush. That got that too. U think Wilkerson was a wasted pick? Glad u mentioned cuz it's to engage ur knowledge level now. 3-4 DEs are useless, according to you. BTW, Coples will generate pressure from DE position.

Enjoy being a Patriots fan.

Enjoy sucking BB's balls on every draft move.

Enjoy the bandwagon till it lasts.

11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

There aren't many worse than DuCasse. Adams has all the skill and tools. He just has a consistency problem. One play great, next play bad. DuCasse is missing the "one play great" part.

12. Bills over Jets

Wide receivers rarely come in and contribute their first year, even those that are polished and have a long resume of experience and success. Hill has neither. If you think he's going to come in here the first year and be a #2 starter then you're going to be disappointed. He doesn't have a body of work nor does he have production. All he has is size/speed. You have to give him time to learn and develop. That's not all happening in one year.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

How can anyone take negativity from a guy named depressed jet? Didn't matter what we did, someone would be upset.

14. Long & Winding Rhode

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. But if it is...

Hernandez ran a 4.58, and Gronk ran a 4.65.
    TEs don't run 4.4 or 4.3. 4.5 is plenty fast to run with any TE in the league.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No. Was being serious he will be in most plays because of his speed.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Also for the record, if you think Wilkerson was a wasted pick you are nuts. Wilkerson is going to develop into a fabulous player

IF any pick was wasted, it was on Ellis, but my standards are different because the Jets should not have been drafting projects.
    The jury is still way out on Ellis, I will be following him a lot this off-season.

17. You couldn't be more wrong. Adams maybe a top 15 pick physically but not only does he lack motor, he can't handle any sort of counter move to his inside.It stuck out like a sore thumb in senior bowl practice. He either doesn't have the lateral movement to shuffle back inside or he is lazy on his mirror. You don't think professional pass rushers won't eat that right up? He either removes all the disruptions from his personal life & learns proper technique or he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Ducasse has had many "Great plays". Nobody notices those however b/c people only concentrate on him when he makes a mistake. He had a handful of plus plays against JJ Watt & is one of the only people we've ever seen peel block Ngota one on one.

18. Bills over Jets

I know Wilkerson personally. He was raw and undeveloped even while at Temple. The pick was not wasted, he is going to take time. But there's no doubt in my mind he will get there.

Ellis, on the other hand, I don't see becoming anything special.

19. Bills over Jets

There's a difference between having the talent, but needing the technique (Adams), and not having the talent at all (Ducasse).

20. FrankWhite

FrankWhite New Member

Wilkerson and Coples are going to open things up for Maybin and Pace. Safety was addressed, and unfortunately I think they still believe in Ducasse at RT. They're also very high on Austin Howard.