UK Jets fans

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 2, 2012.

1. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

Just curious, are the Jets fans from across the pond Americans living abroad? Or are you guys Brits who love American football? If the latter, why did you pick the Jets?

2. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Uk ...had family in the NY area and they kindly took me to see the Kotite Jets.....for some reason i was hooked..spent my late teens/early 20s spending 3 weeks in Sept/Oct watching as much as I could and I do the games now with my wife along for the ride.

Loved the whole atmosphere of complete and utter despair for my first game..it sort of appealed to me seeing who I follow UK side...it was Atlanta at home in Dec if I remember rightly....about 30,000 turned up!

Love my jets more than any team.....especially now the Mets make me suicidal

3. Marty G

Marty G Member

Hi,

Been a Jets fan since 1982 when channel 4 first started showing the games in the UK. I think they did a little piece about the history of each team when they were the featured game and something about Namath appealed - that and Mark Gastineau (still my favourite ever player)and the green and white / Irish connection had me hooked for life.
    Finally getting to go to see them this year!

Marty G

:jets:

4. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

Cheers

Have a blast seeing them man!