This thread is dedicated to my fellow jets fans!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJGREEN, Apr 13, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I started as a casual watcher. Basketball was more my thing (nets fan) I actually became a jets fan in 02. Those Pennington led teams will always have a soft spot in me. Prior to that I just rooted for both giants and jets. I guess that's why to this day I don't hate the giants.

2. DUBLIN

DUBLIN New Member

Both my brothers support the Patriots and my family in Boston tried to get me to do likewise, but I picked out the green jersey (green for Ireland of course) to support the Jets. My first jersey was Clemens, followed by McCareins and my most recent one is Favre - I've had great luck picking those, right?

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The first i remember watching the Jets with my Dad and brothers was in '67. '68 was a boyhood dream come true and became a big fan of George Sauer that season. As a kid it seemed the Jets were and would always be a SB contender...little did I know.

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Since you seem to like the more difficult life path, here are some other lifestyle changes you may want to consider:

- becoming gay
    - moving to Mumbai
    - walking to work through bad neighborhoods

5. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Its saturday and I'm in Manhattan now about to swing by the NFL store and THE NY JETS store to see what I can find.

Limit: $250

Pics coming soon! Thanks for supporting my first thread everybody!

6. GATA

GATA Member

Welcome Sir. The more the merrier I say unless you're a douchie bagger.
    Where are you planning to sit for your first game?

7. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Near the endzone hopefully...

8. GATA

GATA Member

Sweet try getting seats that aren't too close so you can see the whole field as a whole better.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

My company moved me from Istanbul to New York in 2004. I knew nothing about NFL. I had to go for underdogs of course. Jets is my passion but I don't hate Giants. Though they have been pissing me off lately.

10. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Thanks, good idea! Are tickets expensive? Wjat is the best way to buy, NFL.COM, THE JETS OFFICIAL WEB SITE, TICKET MASTER or some where else?

11. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Go for seats that are in the upper deck but closer to the middle - you can get them for about the same as the ones behind the endzone and the view is way better. I got seats in that area for a couple games last season and they were in the $100-$130 range which seems to be about as cheap as they go for online. I looked around on lots of sites but ended up buying from Stubhub when I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else.

12. Royce Parker

Hopefully they still have lots of Reebok stuff on sale. I went about a week and a half ago and got 2 premiere jerseys and one replica for $100 total. The prices in the store are way better than what Jetsshop.com is offering.

13. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

[​IMG]

A close up of the new jet's uniform, the collar is not that bad in person. sorry for the sucky phone picture quality...

[​IMG]

Here is the Superbowl trophy on display

[​IMG]

The NFL store was kind of weird, it had two parts and the selection sucked. It mostly had a whole slew of hats in every imaginable array possible, and all 32 teams jerseys on display. The Seahawks Jersey looks awesome in person by the way, the pics on the net dont give it any justice!

I ordered my Mark Sanchez Premier Home and Away Jersey on Fan's Edge for $69 bucks each when I got home, and I'm exausted. I'm not gonna get the Nike Jersey, only the Authentic ones look good, and thats $250 And that was my day. I wanted to steal the superbowl trophy in the name of the JETS but the guy at the door is armed....:sad:

#33 NJGREEN, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  14. Royce Parker

That store is awful - just another Midtown tourist trap.

15. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Exactly...

16. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Haha, same for me too. I'm also one of the Yankees/Jets fans as well. It's somewhat weird yet it kinda goes hand in hand since the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry continues into the NFL season with the Jets/Pats rivalry. 1998 was the precursor of how I became a Yankees/Jets fan into the 21st century, since at the time the 1998 Yankees did extremely well under Joe Torre and the 1998 Jets had a great season under Bill Parcells. Had the Jets won the AFCCG at Denver, and beat Atlanta in the SB, there would've been a lot of Yankees/Jets fans (2009 was also another "what if" scenario as well).

Although, keep in mind, I was a Yankees fan first before I got into football full time around 2009. Also, if the Jets win a SB in the same timeframe as the Yankees win a WS, I can say to the bandwagoners "I was a Yankees/Jets fan before it was cool".

#36 NYCKNP, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  17. GATA

GATA Member

Only the cool kids are Jets / Yankee Fans !

Stubhub gives you cheaper deals when you get the tickets early. But I usually get my tickets there too.

18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Great thread. This is also one of my reasons for being a Jets fan. Love the underdog. No greater underdog than Namath in 1969. Ever since then the Jets have remained underdogs and its great rooting for the underdog. If the Jets ever became something more than an underdog I'd be bewildered.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My high school team wore green and white and most of the time the Jets have looked like a fairly reasonable facsimile of my high school team on the field, so there you are.