Kenrick Ellis Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

man, you are coming off as a miserable individual.

The players who come in and "play the damn game right away and at a high level" are generally drafted very early (the first round, if you're not following). Obviously, there are some players who end up coming in from the 2nd round and later, but its far more common that the later a player is drafted, the more time it takes them to come in and be an significant contributor.

and just to entertain myself, a breakdown of some "plus-players" from each draft since 2007
    2008: Dustin Keller & Dwight Lowery (also used draft picks to get Kris Jenkins)
    2009: Mark Sanchez, Matt Slauson, Shonn Greene (he carried us through the playoffs after TJ got hurt)
    2010: Kyle Wilson, Joe McKnight (has been an excellent ST player)
    2011: Wilkerson (played excellent for a rookie), Jeremy Kerley (played great out of the slot), also used picks for Cromartie (graded out as a top-corner last year, not sure what you were watching)

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hindsight is always 20/20. Our drafts the last 3 years haven't been bad at all, but they are some of the most recent, and not everyone has developed yet. Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson, McKnight, Kerley, John Connor, Greene, Slauson and Sanchez were all good picks. I believe it will be much more evident this season. We have more picks this year, than we've had in a while. Things are going to be alright.

3. Phear

Phear New Member

Yes, if there was one still on the board with that pick. However, that was not the case. I know this is true because of hindsight. Look at the potential pass rushers that came off the board after we were supposed to pick in the second round.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not sure what your point is exactly. We shouldn't discuss the draft, draft picks, etc. because we don't know the rationale behind the moves?

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

When talking about drafts, some things need to be mentioned.

From 06-08 the Jets had the 4,14,6 picks without trading up for them.
    From 09-11, the Jets had the 5,29,30. So even though they traded up for the 5th, they still had better overall position the first 3 years.

Just saying that the 1st round picks recently have been a lot later than previously meaning you aren't as likely to hit a homerun on the picks everytime.

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Wow, you sound a little psychotic bro. Maybe have a drink or smoke some herb and calm down, it's not that serious...

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I just think that people are way too quick to jump to conclusions that something was a mistake, when really it wasn't at all. Of course we're all here to discuss things and so forth but the SOJF douches always want to jump right into the criticism no matter what. Tebow, draft strategy, not winning the Super Bowl every year. It's stupid. If they can act like idiots all the time I can point out that they're idiots.

I'm not calling you an idiot. I think you were originally just jumping in to provide some tangential discussion to Bradway's insanity. I just didn't happen to agree with all the points you made but I'm certainly not lumping you in with him here.

It's not but he really pissed me off with his pathetic manipulation of information to unrealistically support his ridiculous facts. His whole attitude really pisses me off. It's not like I post a big rant like that every day. I had one with Abyz a few weeks ago over something stupid, now I finally had it out with Bradway. I felt like it was important he understands how stupid he sounds to anyone with half a brain when he starts that shit.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Brad says some things that have merit, but his hard on for Cro and the lesser one for Holmes cannot be sustained logically.

The rest of what he said is largely true, however. It is unfortunate how he undermines his own position with his agenda against Cro and Holmes.