Kraig Urbik - RFA - Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Mar 31, 2012.

1. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

We have a lot of picks later in the draft where you can address o-line depth.

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I would agree with this move. The difference in the scenario expressed is we will still have the 16th overall pick.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I agree with your assessment. The purpose of discussion is that we have no idea what is going to happen, and what ever rumblings are provided are calculated by the front office.

There are a lot of older veterans that will cost too much. Urbik will be on the cheap, and is more versatile than most in the free agency market.

I agree with you on pick up our free safety. I want Phillip Thomas out of syracuse. I like Tommy Steeter in the 5th for WR.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Moore played some Right Tackle for the New York Jets last year, if I remember correctly.

If Urbik takes a step back, and isn't any good than we waste a 3rd round pick. That is the risk you take. He will sign a 3-4 year deal so he won't be with this team for just 1 year if he plays well.

I appreciate your opinion, and would stress that nothing is a 0/100% in the NFL. I would wager that they have looked into. Weather or not it happens....Well that is the purpose of a discussion board.

Based on your argument of their line. They passed the 10th most times in the league last year. (10% more than last year) We are going to throw short. I can only hope that Sanchez get rid of the ball faster.

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I would wager we will spend a compensatory pick on OL regardless of what happens in free agency.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Streeter will go earlier based purely on measureables and potential. Thomas is likely going in the 4th-5th. I would bet he isnt there when we pick in the 5th, and there is no way he will be worth the 3rd round selection we have (96?)

But thats purely because of the poor safety class, not because Thomas would be worth that slot in a normal year. He would be lucky to be a 6th round pick if he came out in next years safety class. Next year is the year to draft safeties

7. wildaces

wildaces Banned

There are reports that the Redskins are looking into Thomas in the 3rd round. Mike Mayock has him as the 5th best safety in the draft.

http://bmitchlive.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/will-syracuse-saftey-phillip-thomas-join-the-redskins/

I am just basing Streeter's evaluation from some prospect ranking sites, and I would agree you are probably right.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If Moore could effectively play tackle, they would of played him there last year, and stuck hunter/ducasse @ guard.

Moore is no RT. So this move doesnt make sense

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Right guard is more important than Right tackle. We had no one to play guard when Moore moved out, and is why they moved him back in.

10. tzinc

tzinc New Member

depending on how the draft turns out they might be taking
    RT in the 1st 2nd or 3rd

i don't see them using a 3rd for a center when they will be drafting one likely at some point

plus there are FAs OTs out there that can be signed that won't cost a pick and at least have shown they can play OT in the NFL

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Im still not recalling ever putting Moore @ RT

It doesnt make any sense

Moores not athletic enoughl to be a tackle

#31 dcm1602, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The only reason the Bills gave up fewer sacks is because Tanny has failed in his job of getting the New York Fucking Football Jets a god damn pass rusher.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Great point. I looked up overrated in the dictionary and there was a picture of Calvin Pace.

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

The Bills ran a spread offense using primarily 3 step drops to minimize the poor OT play. The interior of the Bills OL is solid, especially when Wood plays center (he's had injury issues). Fitzpatrick, unlike Sanchez, can read defenses well, can make presnap reads, and gets rid of the ball quickly. Between the offensive schemes and better QBing, the Bills didn't give up a lot of sacks. However, that kind of scheme limits their playbook.

If the Jets had a better QB than Sanchez, they'd give way fewer sacks, too.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Neither is Sanchez, but teams did so almost twice as much as they sacked Fitz. :lol:

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Fitz threw for less TDs and more INTs than Sanchez.

17. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

This.

/thread.

18. Phear

Phear New Member

Moore was never moved to RT last year, or the year before.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Not on a permanent basis, but they did move him out occasionally. I could be wrong, but I am sure I remember seeing him.