Hypothetical for Jets fans: Tebow to Pats

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I said from the very moment I heard of the trade that he'd be a great gadget player in the Wildcat/option offense and could be used at various positions in different situations. I'd even like to see him on special teams. He's a definite football player.

I just don't like the thought of him at Quarterback unless it's because Sanchez got injured. I don't think he's the long term answer at Quarterback and the only thing that will change my mind is him proving it on the field not some bogus stats and pleading from his fans.

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I believe that history will show that there WAS a divine intervention that came to straighten out any and all future problems at quarterback.

Unfortunately for the Tebow Jesus ball-kissers, it wasn't Tim Tebow coming to town.

It was Mark Sanchez getting a flukey pinched nerve that allowed him to start the rest of the season but made him ineffective.

That stinger kept the Jets from completing a more feeble playoff run than the past two years. That stinger and Wayne Hunter really showed the ineptitude of Brian Schottenheimer to not only the generally retarded Jets fan base but also to the generally retarded major sports analysts (read: ESPN) and thereby forcing Woody Allen to admit there was a problem and finally cut ties with that hapless orangutang we like to call "Schotty."

I feel like that stinger secured us our Super Bowl victory.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Who is Woody allen ?

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson but told as a joke.

5. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

This, by far, from top to bottom is the best post i've read on GGN. I have been mocked for alot of the points mentioned here. Thanks abyzmul and everyone here for restoring my faith in what obviously is the minority but non the less the intelligent Jets fans that are in this post. I've taken names and call you allies. Thanks abyzmul for posting this.

6. tzinc

tzinc New Member

if Tebow had gone to the Pats people would have been saying another genius move after the genius 2 TE system he put into place last year

Jets do it and it's a catastrophe lol

that's how a lot of Jets fans think...

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The only way Tebow is a plus for the Pats is if he is willing to not play QB. There isn't a down and distance situation where as a Jets fan I wouldn't prefer Tebow under center rather than Brady. Tebow would probably not be the number 2QB on the Pats.

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Danny Woodhead

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I realize you think Tim's a good football player but if touchdowns, interceptions, clutch factor, wins ,character and leadership are bogus to you, I'm not sure if you appreciate what makes a good QB nor that there's anything Tebow can do to "prove himself" to you. He's not going to turn into a pure pocket passer over night, nor should he...ever. At least not until he's 32 and can't run anymore.

Completion % and yards, especially skewed completion % and yards stats, are at the very bottom of the list of what makes for a good QB.