Joe Montana: Sanchez is better than Tebow, ‘and that’s it’

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jet Rider, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It just doesn't matter though. This is marketing at work and it's all going to come down to how the team is doing. Given that Sanchez can't be playing lights out if the Jets are flat next season he's going to be replaced at some point in that scenario.

I hope I'm wrong and there's more talent on the team than I think there is but they sure look like 8-8 again to me. Could be worse with the wrong injuries or a bit better with a few guys progressing for a change.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Smart man, great quarterback, even better talent evaluator.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Sanchez is a superior QB than Tebow. This whole thing was done to sell Jersey's, tickets and get on the back pages. This does not make our team better.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course it makes the team better and for 1.6 million it's a major improvement. There is another option now on 3rd and short to run the ball and there is somebody that can replace most of what Brad Smith did and add what Brad Smith couldn't in passing.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Our issues at 3rd and short was the fact that our OL was terrible last year and our RB's are subpar. Fix those issues and you fix the 3rd and short issues. Tebow is going to have to deal with those same issues this year.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe it was but I would rather have a 245 pound back that won't hesitate trying to get through the line than a 220 pounder who stopped dead in his tracks as many times as he didn't.

8. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

I suggest creating a much larger Sanchez sub forum like the extension move after Manning to avoid any more hurt feelings created by Tebow's arrival and sub forum.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Roethlisberger went 9 for 21 in the Super Bowl. I think that what Rex things is going to take to win...

10. OMGTimTebow

OMGTimTebow New Member

If you look at Elway's 1st Super Bowl he had mediocre stats as well. Has the game changed so much in the last few years that you HAVE to throw 40 times to win?

11. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Don't get me wrong but I think Tebow can be a great QB if given a chance

May the best man win this season

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it makes the team better, just not at more important positions where we need to be better.

13. Phear

Phear New Member

May the best man win? There won't be a competition, it's Sanchez's job to lose.

14. catsigater

catsigater New Member

It doesn't take much football acumen to see Sanchez is better than Tebow "right now and that's it," which is what Montana said.

#14 catsigater, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Well you're right about that part. Unfortunately it does take a lot of football acumen to realize the many ways in which he is better.

Joe Montana puts down every quarterback that has a chance of ousting his status or popularity. He took a similar shot at Brady too before the Superbowl when the media was beginning to compare the two.

I'm actually quickly beginning to lose respect for him. At least Bret Farve was up front and honest about his ego and his issues with Rodgers.

He should work out a deal with ESPN if he feels slighted by the medial and wants to get back in the spotlight instead of trying to ride Tebow's jockstrap. At least Namath was a Jet. Oh wait, I forgot, Steve Young took that spot too....ouch.

#15 whichfan, Mar 29, 2012
  16. VanderbiltJets

The NFL's Shaq?

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Here's what Montana said last year...

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

He's been on a little ego trip ever since before the Super Bowl. I still think he feels slighted about the Young and 49ers deal. And with the 49ers going after Manning while letting him go and once again slighting their own QB it just added more fuel to that fire. Now here comes Tebow trying to take Sanchez's job.

That's what this is all about. But I think he does likes that Elway went with the "proven" veteran. Montana's all about that and sees it as some sort of justice.

19. whichfan

whichfan New Member

He's been on a little ego trip ever since before the Super Bowl. I still think he feels slighted about the Young and 49ers deal. And with the 49ers going after Manning while letting him go and once again slighting their own QB it just added more fuel to that fire.

That's what this is all about. I think he likes that Elway went with the "proven" veteran. Montana's all about that.

More like Charles Barkley honestly. He's been awfully negative lately. I honestly think he's sweating Brady a bit and feels slighted overall, but at the same time....he also chose to stay under the radar. I'm sure ESPN would have loved to have him, but he feels he's above all that and would probably lose to Young in terms of handling the TV persona. In that sense him and Brady are a lot alike. They're both introverts. They can talk to the press, they're intelligent and smart, but they don't feel comfortable. Something guys like Tebow has no problem with. Or say Terry Bradshaw. Or even Cam Newton.

I don't blame him, but at the same time, some of the former superstars and coaches on ESPN are awesome and add a lot of valuable information.

#19 whichfan, Mar 29, 2012
  20. VanderbiltJets

With the reference I meant that Shaq always has to talk about himself and put down players that are a threat to his greatness