Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

2. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Word on the street is that Tebow chose the Jets over Jax because he feels he can win the starting role from Mark Sanchez.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nonsense..he chose the Jets because the Jets front office and coaches wanted him and in Jacksonville they didn't. They believe Gabbert is their savior (and why they will forever be a JV NFL team).

4. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

I already see it happening...Please do not listen to some of these crazy Tebow fans.

People like Skip Bayless are the reason people HATE Tebow. There are numbers to support both the haters and the worshipers.

The best thing you can do is give Tebow a decent chance without letting the media sway you in any way. Tebow will be a great team mate and he is INCREDIBLY LOYAL. There is a potential he could be here for a long time.

I like Tebow a lot, he provided a ton of excitement last year. He has glimpses of greatness, but unfortunately mixed in with terrible inconsistency. He has a knack for getting into the end zone and is a big play qb. This could potentially be the first time a coaching staff is behind him, so lets all pray this turns out for us.

Edit: I am a huge Tebow fan, but I don't have blinders on. I can see he has potential but needs work.

#3124 NewEnglandJet, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Imagine if all the Tebow threads were combined..they would pass the new stadium thread in a few more days and blow the board up completely by the start of camp.

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Why wasn't this a public poll? I want to be able to call out non-believers when Tebow is raising the Lombardi trophy.

7. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

I feel the same way. I have turned off the tv numerous times because of my hate for tebow time now it's time to grit our teeth and take if like men haha.

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Nonsene to the fact that Jacksonville didn't want him. He didn't choose the Jets and Tebow already said that. He said he had no say. And Jacksonville DID want Tebow and would have likely made him a starter:

And Jacksonville offered more. Elway said he was "involved" meaning kept up to date.

Now let's think about this.

1. Tebow wanted to be back in Florida, and said he missed home.
    2. Tebow said he had no say in the deal.
    3. Why would a QB turn down a situation where he would probably be guaranteed to start and have an offense built around him? Even if he didn't he'd have 0 issues winning the job from Gabbert even in a traditional passing offense.

Apparently Tim told John to do what's best for the team. John picked the Jets.

Now if the Jaguars offered more then from a business perspective it made NO sense. So let me get this right. Tebow had little choice, but it was clear beforehand Tebow wanted to be back in Florida, would have had a starting Job, and despite the better offer Elway picked the Jets for Tebow Hmm....what does that say about Elway? Why would Elway turn down a better offer and keep Tebow from a starting job?

Maybe he's afraid Tebow would win with that Jacksonville Jaguars D and an offense built around him. And Broncos would have to play him next year. Put him in Brady's division, as a back-up to Sanchez, and it at least temporarily gives Elway some breathing room when Peyton starts stinking it up. I mean let's be honest, Jacksonville with Tebow has a better chance to win their division against the Texans and land a high seed than Tebow does with the Jets have with the Pats in the same division, assuming he even wins the starting job.

Tebow's happy to be a Jet because Tebow's happy for anyone that gives him an opportunity, and makes the best of every situation, but you have to be crazy to think a QB would pass up the opportunity to be a starter.

The ONLY way Tebow picks the Jets himself, if he really did have a choice, is if he was told he'd start and currently we're being taken for a ride by the Jets front office. And for those who think Tebow would pick NY as some sort of media platform.....Tebow took over the NFL out of Denver. He made Denver relevant and was talked about more than both NY teams and all other big market teams. He doesn't need NY to reach the media cause the media follows him wherever he goes.

#3128 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
  9. tzinc

tzinc New Member

He is an upgrade he is the best back up in the NFL after what he showed last year. If Sanchez goes down Tebow can lead them to the playoffs Stanton can't.

Tebow has proven it.

10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Hate the Hype, Not The Man.

11. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

I don't think he's stupid. But if he is a virgin, he might be the only one in NYC.

12. tzinc

tzinc New Member

He is cheap. He is a proven NFL winning QB. He's like an added RB. If he improves and Sanchez doesn't he replaces him and if Sanchez improves... in a couple years they could trade him.

13. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Calm down....take deep breaths...... calm down..........

14. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Tebow is a Jet
    I am a Jets Fan
    I will root for Tebow

15. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

The things that annoy me about the Stanton deal is that it's costing the Jets money in the cap and Tanny makes the Jets more untrustworthy.

Are we so short sighted in the Front Office that we never imagined that Tebow would be available? Last season every team in the league should have been aware that the shortened training camp would lead to a higher amount of injuries. The Jets not only ignored that but somehow believed the O line would be fine with players of limited experience. What was once a strong point of the team quickly became a mess.

Our player development is pretty poor, and it takes us far too long to determine whether players can even hit the second string level.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tim's out for the Starting Job.. So much for #2

Taken from today's NYDN:

This should quiet the "No drama" Crowd just a bit. Tebow came here to take Sanchez's job? Say it ain't so Tanny! Tell us why this couldn't possibly be the case especially after taking the 2.5mil cap hit by paying off the Broncos.

Imagine that. More controversy for the New and Improved Tanny & Ryan Circus.

This franchise is headed for the shit pile on a rocket.

#3136 Cman68, Mar 23, 2012
  17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

youre all excited about a media hype piece in March? Take it easy

18. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

I believe that Sachez and Tebow are going to be very close friends. I feel that Mark will help Tebow improve his passing game and Tebow will light a fire under Sanchizes ass. I can see the so called Seminole and Tebow packages evolveing into alot more than what we tradtionally see. I envision in addition to the traditional option I can see Sporano using him as a halfback, a tightend, using motions and combinations of all. I believe the offence will use him in ways we havent seen before and alot more than most people think. IMO he is going to be used alot in non QB plays. Im excited to see how it all plays out. Call me crazy but I can see him lining up somewhere with 15 to 20 plays a game.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The nicest thing about this is that Tebow just saved me about $300 buks. Cancelled my Sunday Ticket for this season. No reason to pay extra to watch the GnP/WC on Sunday when I can be bored to death watching it during the week.

I'm actually looking forward to the drama as it should add some interest to what's shaping up to be yet another "transition" year for the "New Tanny & Rex Show".

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Parts of that report is false, especially the part where it says only Jacksonville owner wanted him. Coach wanted him too:

And the most interesting part was this answer:

Why would Mularkey simply not state he would be a back-up, especially since they didn't get him? Sounds more like he didn't want to say, "no we wanted him to start over Gabbert and we failed to get him".

So if Tebow did have a choice, why the hell would he pick to share or be a back-up over a starter? What NFL quarterback wants to be a back-up?