Offseason priorities for every AFC team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Anyone else see the Pats taking at least 2 CB's and a safety in the first 3 rounds?

3. Nyi28nhl

Nyi28nhl New Member

Looks pretty accurate to me as far as the Jets go. IMO fixing the locker room and geting these guys to start playing for each other will go a long way.

4. Nyi28nhl

Nyi28nhl New Member

Didn't they draft McCourty and Arrington both pretty recently in high rounds? Doubt they go back to that position. Maybe safety to replace Ihedigbo.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Mcourt 1st round 2010
    Kyle Arrington UDFA for the Eagles
    Dowling, Ras-I 2nd rounder 2011

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I hope so

That will make 4 CBs drafted in the first 3 rounds in 3 years all of whom were bust

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Funny how all those "busts" kept the Pats from going to another Super Bowl.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because those bust CB's were throwing for over 400 yards, setting touchdown records, and creating pressure on the d line? In the end a weakness you hid, your secondary, showed up and Eli picked them apart. As of now I would label McCourty not a bust but a complete underachiever. From promising corner, to zone corner, to safety.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....fixed it

10. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

You beat Tim Tebow and Joe Flacco, and didn't beat a single team in the regular season that finished over .500, congratulations!

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That's pretty funny coming from a fan of an 8-8 team who's team hasn't played in the Super Bowl in 43 friggn' years.

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

lawl.

/10char.

13. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I think this article simply stated the obvious and the popular.

I disagree that the Bills need a pass rushing DE most. They are an LT and a big, fast WR from being an excellent offensive team. Gailey schemed the Bills offense to hide the poor OT play just as Belichick schemed to hide the Pats' defensive deficiencies. The Bills seriously need a DE and a OLBer, but those are easier to come by than good LTs. New DC Dave Wannstadt, the return of Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams, and a decent pass rushing DE should mean that the Bills DL will be stouter against the run and the pass.

Miami needs a better QB but they could use a RB to run inside the tackles as well. Reggie Bush can't do that. I think better coaching is what they need more than anything. It would be very hard for Philbin to be worse than Sparano.

I think that NE, like Buffalo and the Jets, needs a better front seven which will significantly improve their secondary by getting more pressure on the passer. Having Edelman playing DB says that they had some injury problems in their secondary.

For all the pissing and moaning about the OL, the Jets really need to get Sanchez up to snuff on reading defenses. He needs to be able to process what he's seeing before and after the ball is snapped quicker and better. Without him doing that, the offense is going to continue to flounder. On defense, the Jets are like the Bills and Pats: they need a better pass rush. A solid D is built on the front seven not on the secondary.

BTW, if Sanchez starts performing like a decent QB instead of a clueless rookie, all the locker room issues will vanish.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's interesting how your language has changed since Sunday concerning the validity of Super Bowl appearances as something to be lauded. I can imagine that validity will increase in importance relative to the number of Super Bowls that Brady and Belichick choke away.

Conference championships and division titles are consolation prizes that teams get when they join the rest of the losers later in the post season.

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Oh come on, the Patriots had the easiest road to the Super Bowl imaginable. Certainly nothing compared to the minefield of Manning, Brady, Big Ben that we had to walk through last season. Shit, if only the Jets had that path...:gpc:

16. tfineZ

tfineZ Member

Fixed, other then that good post!

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

More so then skill positions I think the Bills need to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We saw what the team could do under Rex's rah-rah "where going to the SuperBowl" blather in the first two years.

It almost worked. Now it's got to be backed up on the field.
    I think (hope) that Ryan has been humbled enough to realize he's got to kick some ass in the locker room. He's simply got to hold players accountable.
    If that involves sitting players, so be it.

Plus...Sanchez has got to man up.

19. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I totally agree.

They have 2 better than just good DTs: Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus. They need a pass rushing DE and somebody better than Chris Kelsay on the LDE, although if they get the pass rusher, that line will be solid if not more. On everybody's wish list in B-lo, of course, is Mario Williams. It's about as likely as Peyton signing with the Jets, but it looks like there may be some solid DEs available in FA.

The OL remains a trouble spot. I LMAO every time I hear all the whining about Wayne Hunter. You don't know bad until you've seen the Bills OT play from 2011. The Jets didn't have to design an entire offense to mask crappy OT play like the Bills did (short passing spread offense with the QB mostly taking 3 step drops).

I'd really like to see the Bills sign a veteran pass rusher in FA and take one of the top OTs at #10, Rieff or Martin, in the draft or even the OG DeCastro.

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Please.

The Ravens defense would have made Sanchez look like a Pop Warner QB, just like they always do.

Sanchez hasn't defeated a good defense since he has been in the NFL.