Tuck takes shot at the Jets!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pimentel79, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because Woody didn't flex his requirement of having a stadium built within the NYC limits, we're stuck sharing a stadium AGAIN. Now that our HC wrote a check our team didn't cash, we gotta have this shit rubbed in our faces day in and day out until we actually do win something other than the all-talk bowl.

Yeah, it may be MetLife stadium, but it might as well still be Giants stadium. Especially now that there's another VLT in the lobby. At this rate, the Jets should just mothball their "home" unis as they still really don't have a home but once again, are for all practical purposes, renters.

2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

who cares...this is the same d-bag who said there season was over when they were 7-7 and now's all might about winning...he's a fucking hypocrite

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Really, fuck him, who cares? I'm glad he's worried about the Jets on the day of his parade, if we didn't matter he wouldn't have mentioned us. Next year when we're back and they're not everyone will forget this shit.

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

lets just worry about us for now and when we get to the promise land, we can shit on the giants

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Good stuff. I disagree that Rex trash talks though. He says a lot of good about other players, that doesn't make a good story though. Remember he said everytime we face NE they will have a QB/coaching advantage? He praises the other teams so much, and always picks one player he would have loved to coach or have.
    He did open up the can of worms about NY, but I don't have a problem with that . He was trying to change the culture of NY Jets and now he has to make history to follow that culture.
    Also Coughlin said his team talks on the field or something in that regard before our game against them. He clearly doesnt have the pulse of his team :rolleyes:

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Jets are probably one of the (if not the) most hated teams in the NFL right now. Let them hate. It's more fun that way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I believe he has changed the culture. Now 8-8 and just missing the playoffs is unforgivable sin, a few years ago it was "progress". Of course the job isn't done yet but he's only been here three seasons. Coughlin coached for about 20 before winning a Super Bowl.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I agree with that. I just misworded. I meant changed the culture, trying to win the SB. I like the culture he brought here. This should have been another "SOJ" collapse with every article mentioning this, but I rarely saw it brought up in the media. Also, I haven't had to watch the Jets missed draft picks video in a while haha

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Glad to see you started paying attention to football 3 years ago.

Let me bring you up to speed. Rex has been running his mouth since he was a coordinator under his father in Zona. Most prominently in Balt as a DLine coach and DCo.

Now he's a head coach and everyone notices. Welcome to the NFL. BTW, Buffalo lost 4 SB's in a row. Just in case you missed it.

10. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

well.... i'll take that over tom brady getting his fourth ring

of course they were gonna say something about us, after all the trash talking in that week 17 game

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would rather Tuck say that, than everyone else talk about Brady's 4th ring. But it truly was a lose-lose scenario.

12. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I was specifically referencing Ryan's predictions of Jets winning the Super Bowl.

Well the Jests' sole SB appearance -- and win -- was so long ago that very few Jets fans were even around or old enough to remember it. Kinda makes it more like a myth than reality. :rofl2:

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I think Tuck forgot about his team getting SHUTOUT in there last game ever at Giants Stadium.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We're still talking about this?

15. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This is a great comment, in proper perspective of the "REX SITUATION"

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

More jets fans need to realize this is what comes with a HC who talks as much shit as Rex

17. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

who gives a shit. the giants earned the right to say whatever they want. they walk the walk. the jets just talk the talk. we have to take this until the jets can win a super bowl...or two...

18. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i guess the super bowl wins are occupying his mind. seriously, nice to win that game but people (well, most people) only remember the super bowls.

19. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Its one thing to say this town or this stadium. We played in their house for too long. Neither team has one shit in it by the way.

20. osully55

osully55 Member

I overheard a conversation at my campus' library where a girl said "the parade was so much fun! I wish I went to Giants stadium afterwards though."

I had to bite my tongue