Braylon just had knee surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Jan 24, 2012.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Well, Braylon is still in his prime. If we can get him at 2-3 mill a year, id go for it. Just because he had a few minor knee surgeries doesnt mean his slowed down now forever. He never tore his ACL or anything that severe. Some of the receivers in the draft are crapshoots anyway unless you draft in the top 5 and get Blackmon.

2. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Plax definitely helped the red zone as did Tom Moore

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Braylon was like the 3rd pick in the draft, who really knows about Blackmon. Personally im not that impressed by Blackmon but I will probably be wrong.

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

School me! What was Tom Moores actual contribution to the games ? Did he game plan ? Did he call the Plays?

I will agree that having a gigantic receiver help Sanchez tremendously. On some plays if it wasn't Plex then the ball is not caught period. Id personally like to keep him around for another year. I also think if Braylon come cheap you go and get him. Experience goes a long way. In terms of the wide receivers we are stocked and do not need anyone from the draft unless a stud falls to us.

5. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

But..but..but.....Dr. Velo-whatever says he's worthless and his knees are fucked up and...and....and....he's a big poopy-head...and... :rolleyes:

Proof positive that Velo is not a Doctor. He only plays one here at TGG.

Good post.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was going to say... sounds like tc fodder

however i am appalled at this thread. its almost amazing how completely on one side some guys can be.

i really have no interest in the guy, if he is the only thing that can make mark sanchez throw the ball on time and to the correct shoulder on a regular basis we have bigger problems than what do we do about the guy who got cut a few weeks ago because he was completely useless and has since had knee surgery.

7. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I definitely wouldn't say we're stocked at WR. They either need to bring back Braylon, which I think would be good move, bring in some other FA, or draft a rookie. If Plax is gone we're down to Holmes, Kerley and Turner - that's obviously not enough.

8. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Well considering he was brought in to improve red Zone offense and we went from the bottom of nfl to the top I just figured maybe he had something to do with it. I don't know maybe it was magic, or even less likely shotty figure out how to use his players.

I happen to be a Head varsity coach and when my team struggles in a particular area I go to more experienced coaches to get new ideas and schemes. To think that the addition of plax is the only reason the redzone offense got better would be naive.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He has a good head on his shoulders and excellent hands and speed. He is almost a sure thing as far as receivers go. You watch him in the bowl game this year? Kid can flat out ball. He most likely gets picked #4 or #5 sadly though.

10. Braylon4ever

First off, you have a point. Mark needs to be more accurate with his throws no matter who is at WR. That improvement MUST come this year.

But that said, if you have a chance to bring back someone whom Mark is familiar with, has chemistry with, and can run-block like he does who is still on the correct side of 30(28), and can be signed CHEAP??? Why the hell wouldn't you do it?

You could also draft a WR in addition in the hopes of having found a diamond in the rough(with WR's, it usually takes 3-4 years for them to pan out). :)

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I don't think I said Plex was the reason for the Red zone efficiency???? I simply mentioned that some of those plays where he caught touchdown's would not have been caught if it was another receiver. I think Id have to make a direct statement in regards to Plex being the reason for the red zone efficiency before I would qualify as being Naive!

I truly meant School me when I said School me . I was actually wondering if Moore was involved in calling the plays or adding his opinion during the games or before in the game planning stage.

12. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Sorry totally misunderstood! I do think Moore definitely had some influence. We will never really know the truth though.

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

At the price Braylon will come at, there is no reason not to bring him in. Resign Plax too and we will have ourselves one hell of a receiving core in 2012.

14. Braylon4ever

At least for one year, anyway.

Considering it's a make-or-break year for Sanchez, he's going to need all the help he can get.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Holmes ( if he get his head out of his ass) Plaxico ( another year in and he will only get better) Kerley ( showed plenty of flash and speed) Turner ( Former Sanchez team mate in college they have chemistry - not given a ton of opportunities) Braylon ( we watched him come up big and run away from d-backs ) If this is the Receivers I'm excited.

16. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

Yes to Braylon, No to Plax.

Braylon actually put up an 17.1 YPC in Schotty's offense with Mark Sanchez as his QB.

The fact that he got knee surgery is not necessarily a bad thing with the way medicine is today. My friend got surgery on his knee, and the doctor told him the joints are stronger after the surgery, than at any point in his life.

17. All Star

All Star Active Member

...then why is this in the Jets forum then? He's not on the Jets anymore.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Did you honestly think extinct reptiles could think? How dare you?

19. Braylon4ever

Well Dopey me. :rolleyes:

Live and learn.

Because there is a chance(just a chance) that he could come back. His recent tweets indicate he'd be all for a return(in case you didn't bother to go through the whole thread).

And Braylon currently has no team right now which makes him fair game to be talked about in the JETS forum...or any forum for that matter.

#119 Braylon4ever, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  20. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I wonder, if even in a selfish vindictive way (not that I blame him), he was amused/happy to see how much of a cancer Holmes turned out to be.

Edit: how many of you would want Plaxico, Holmes and Edwards?

I feel like between Edwards stretching the field, Plaxico in the RZ, we could have a receiving core that could really pose a threat, my only concern is neglecting Kerleys development

#120 NYDeadEye, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012