Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

What kind of trophies does the NFL hand out for "making" the AFCCG?

2. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Did you not hear the Jets now have been declared the winner of the AFC CHampionship game because Sanchez really did not fumble.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

no trophies but you would rather lose your first playoff game at home than make a run to the title game and have a chance at the SB? Miami is a franchsie that hasn't seen a playoff win since 2000, why wouldn't they want a run to a title game? Try to remember what life was like pre-Parcells for the Pats.

4. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

It's all relative if you lose a 1st round game at home or lose in the AFCCG.

Sure, it's a fun ride for the fans, but at the end of the day, both teams are home watching the Super Bowl from the couch.

5. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

And the Jets have only been significant for a couple of years in recent history, so again, you really can't understand the perspective from which I'm coming because you haven't experienced what I've described.

6. avrus

avrus New Member

The same trophy they hand out for losing in the wildcard and divisional rounds.

7. nyjunc

Losing sucks and the further you advance the tougher the loss but it was much more fun the last 2 years than it was this year even w/ the loss in the title game.

I'm a Yankee fan and a Carolina basketball fan- 2 teams/programs that have been relevant a lot longer than the dolphins were in the 70s and 80s so I get it. Going back to the WS was a big deal in 2009 after a 6 year gap, going back to the FF in 2005 was a big deal after a 5 year gap for the Heels- waiting 18-20 years is a long time. our last title game app was 1998 and 11 years was way too long to wait to have another crack at a SB.

8. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Miami beat the Jets a few weeks ago. Miami has a much better playoff history than the Jets.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wow. Another complete fail thread doing nothing but essentially whining. Those 2 AFC Championship games in Ryans 1st 2 years showed that our team was headed in the right direction with Rex. Obviously we took a step back this year on offense. The only reason people bring that up is because Rex is constantly under attack by the media and clowns like the OP. When you get to back to back AFC championship games, it's a good sign for the franchise. When's the last time the Giants even made the playoffs in back to back years, let alone conference championships?

10. nyjunc

awesome, the 70s and 80s were good to the dolphins but in recent, more relvant time the Jets have been the better franchise.

11. nyjunc

2005-2008, back to back to back to back- the NFC was weaker back then and they made it once at 8-8 but they did make it 4 straight years

12. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Because the adage 'on any given Sunday' is NOT just an adage, getting to the playoffs is an achievement. Its hard to win any game in the NFL. Winning a playoff game validates that achievement, because, as Jet fans know, sometimes you need luck and help to get into the playoffs. After that only getting to the Superbowl matters. If you just get to the superbowl I think its fair to say that you've has a successful season. BUT there is always only ONE team that can say their were the BEST, and that's the winner of the big game.

Of course everything is relative. If you ask a Lions fan a few years ago, he'd jump at the chance to be 8-8, while 8-8 is considered a disaster for the Jets now. I'm sure Bengals fans are thrilled with the development of their team and how the season turned out. Pats fans would slit their wrists with the same results. Like I said its all relative

13. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Did the Jets not lose to the Dolphins a few weeks ago?

14. tommytom

tommytom Banned

#134 tommytom, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  15. mpx42

mpx42 New Member

Nearly beating the Colts in '09 was impressive because the Jets shouldn't have been anywhere near the Super Bowl that year. Mark Sanchez was a rookie, and the Colts were simply a flat-out better team.

But last year? That was a disappointment. The Jets shut out Pittsburgh for the last 2 1/2 quarters and even the Jets offense was looking dangerous by the end of that game. I don't know if they would have beaten the red-hot Packers, but that team had the pieces and the chemistry required to win a championship. And they didn't.

16. avrus

avrus New Member

Just a reminder that name calling typically results in a ban around here.

17. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Sorry I was just saying the Jets were losers to the Dolphins. Lol Sanchez really stepped in that game. He was outplayed by Moore lol.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

R U inferring that because I mistyped the date the incident NEVER occurred? If you are IMHO you are way, way sillier then I gave U credit for in the past. The best thing for U to do would be keep your coulda, woulda, shouldas to yourself & just post real true facts because all that matters in the end are the real true facts like the NYJs have won NOTHING since 01/13/69. That is a real true fact not your phoney made up coulda, woulda, shoulda :sad:

19. nyjunc

what part of Rex having 4 postseason wins is not a fact? what part of 4 road wins under rex compared to 3 the rest of our history isn't a fact? what part of 2 title game apps w/ rex and 2 conf title games from '70-'08 is not a fact? Please explain.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

It is 43 years since we won a SB. Now that is a very, very long time right? :sad: