What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Maybe bring in Pac Man Jones to coach him:)

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Thanks bro, you just saved me a long reply.:wink:

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO he does not have those quick decision skills required to be a elite QB :sad:

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

the poll makes me feel really good as a Jet Fan

only 25 percent SOJFs is a lot better than I would have thought. Maybe Rex is actually being successful in rooting the frontrunners out and letting them wear their Packer Cheeseheads or Patriot Elvis Logos and finally be happy in their lives

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The question of the poll is a sunshiner question...it should have read do you think the Jets will ever win a championship with Sanchez at QB and see if the results are the same.

6. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain New Member

And for all those ripping on Holmes, he put up almost 1300 yards receiving in his last year with the Steelers. It has a lot more to do with who's throwing the ball than who's catching it.

Brady, Eli, Peyton, Ben, Rivers, and Brees continually make unknown guys into stars. You're all worried that your receivers can't carry Sanchez.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

troll

troll

troll

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't think he's the answer..although that being said the Coaching and personnel mangement has not helped him either.

If you look at his whole body of work in reg season and playoffs, he's been awfully inconsistent every step of the way from Day 1.

now the crappy coaching, deteriorating O line play....and the revolving door at receiver haven't helped, but still i don't think he's the long term answer UNLESS.....they ramp up the defense so much that they are decidedly dominant.......in that case they could live with him i think as a game manager.........one that isn't responsible for 26 turnovers himself

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I still believe in Sanchez

He has improved statistically every year. Going back to a ground and pound attack with a strong offensive line will greatly help him. Bringing in Plaxico and letting Braylon go was a mistake. He had good chemistry with Braylon and Plax had a hard time getting seperation and was mainly ineffective in between the 20's.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think the collapse of the offensive line coupled with a lack of idenity on offense, put the kid in a difficult spot.
    That being said his decision making has me worried. He is making the mistakes of a rookie and has a hard time seeing the WHOLE field.

I reserve my judgement until next season.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Theisman critical of Sanchez

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=87&c=671&f=353851

Could Brian Schottenheimer, formerly of the New York Jets, be the Falcons new offensive coordinator?NFL Network’s Joe Theismann, who knows Schottenheimer from his days coaching withthe Washington Redskins, linked him to the Falcons in a radio interview this morning on680TheFan’s morning show, the Rude Awakening with Chris Rude, Sandra Golden and Perry Laurentino.

Here’s part of the interview:

“[Brian] felt like he was saddled and limited by what Mark Sanchez can do in New York,” Theisman said. “Mark is really not that good. He’s a hard-working kid. He wants to be good. But he doesn’t understand the game of football the way Matt does.

“You have to play the position with the knowledge of where you are on the field, what the score is in the game. What [you] can do. What [you] can’t do. What are the things that are required of me. Really, the only route that Mark throws effectively is the quick post. He’s going to have a whole lot more to work with, with Matt Ryan.”

They asked him to clarify his comments.

“I’ve [unaudible] Brian was going to be the offensive coordinator.”

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Theisman latches onto the popular opinion and rides it until the next popular opinion comes along. That would happen multiple times during a Monday Night Football broadcast, even if those opinions directly conflicted.

Blatant attention grab.

Though it was funny that he might have let the cat out of the bag about Schotty to Atlanta. It would be funny to watch Matt Ryan get blasted at the LOS while lined up as a receiver.

#72 abyzmul, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Okay, Schottenheimer messed up with Favre (Favre did get hurt but still), Pennington (who went on to play a good couple of seasons in Miami), and now he comes out and blames Sanchez for making him (Schottenheimer) look bad...
    ya right.
    I hope Shotty goes and ruins a different teams offense, if the Falcons do hire him as OC i seriously have some sympathy for them.
    (I am also not saying Sanchez is amazing, he makes bone-headed mistakes, the Jets FO should give him 1 year without Shotty then if it didnt work out part ways with him)

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Holy crap. This is getting so stupid.

15. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

So everyone in the world except a select few Jets fans think Sanchez sucks

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

well. And his family.

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Tell me something I dont know

18. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

And Kate Upton, and 3 Jet players, although im starting to think MexicanJet is part of Sanchez's family. Hopefully all this pressure gets to Woody and paves the way for Peyton Manning.

#78 jetsown22, Jan 12, 2012
  19. HOI

HOI Active Member

Matty ice playoff record 0-3...shut out in most recent game

Sanchez playoff record....4-2 with 2 AFCCG apperances....

of course shotty will like it there better....they got a better RB and better WR's they shold be a better offense than we have

now falcon fans can watch their WR's run 4 yard patterns on 3rd and 7

#79 HOI, Jan 12, 2012
  20. HOI

HOI Active Member

yea....billionaires are easily pressured by shithead fans and prima madonna athletes