The Phins Fans are having a good laugh at our expense...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2012.

1. roy_miami

roy_miami New Member

If you get Haley then that would make Morano a glorified O-line coach which is where he belongs and I'll admit that could be a good combo for you guys.

Another thing is Ryan seems to like the Wildcat so maybe he brought in Sparano with the goal of running a wildcat type offense at a much higher percentage than you guys do now.

2. fake_spike

fake_spike Banned

Everyone is saying "hey, hes the OC. he was HC in miami"....

im a miami fan but listen, tony sporano does not have the intellectual/mental capacity to be a coordinator. hes a mental midget. i promise to you that he can not handle the job. his best strength, if you can call it that, was exploited as a HC: hes a "rah rah", get in your face screaming about something with no substance. as much as he was in over his head as a HC, he might be even moreso as an OC, as he'll actually have to think. please watch any press conference for evidence of his intellect, because I havent found any yet.
    "

i'd be overjoyed that you have made such a catastrophic miscue as a franchise, but i am literally still in the shock phase of all this. i am just hoping the Jets take the crazy to the next level by bringing in Henne to challenge/motivate the Sanchize. i realize that there will be those of you who will endorse the decision/rationalize it, etc.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Bringing in Henne, it doesn't matter if he actually is good enough to play, only that Sanchez believes the team is prepared to bench him if he doesn't play well. If he doesn't respond to that he's finished and who the backup is would be irrelevant at that point.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

HC and OC are two very different positions... I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Especially if we get Haley in the building too...

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Over the top hatred based on a past situation.

It's not a perfect 1 to 1 comparison but it is similiar. Both coaches past failures with the Jets and Dolphins won't necessitate failure in their future situations.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You don't even know how to spell the guy's name.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

quotefiller....

8. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Everybody keeps saying that Sparano failed as a head coach and not an OC, which is obviously true. But the whole reason he failed was because of our offense. He showed absolutely no ability to develop players, put them in the best position to succed, or take chances down the field. We were always one of the worst red zone offenses and the only reason we opened things up this year was because our owner demanded that we do. Reggie Bush was playing like shit while sparano was here. It wasn't until after he left that Reggie started tearing it up. Brandon Marshall has only gotten worse since we traded for him, and our offensive line has been a mess and that's supposed to be his specialty. We also never use our tightend which is obviously necessary to spread defenses out in todays nfl.

Now add all of that up, and does that sound like a good offensive coordinator to you? I'm not going to say he WILL fail because I dont know and nobody does. But he doesn't exactly have an impressive resume that would suggest he would succeed. If an offensive line coach can't even fix an offensive line, I have no reason to think he could coordinate an entire offense.

Now with all that said, I still would rather see him somewhere other than the Jets because I like the guy and would like to see him do good. But I really don't think he's going to help you guys out all that much. Maybe more than Schotty because from watching that guy and reading your guys' opinions, he was obviously horrible. But your offense will still be extremely conservative, and you'll probably struggle more in the redzone.

9. abyzmul

Wade Phillips.

10. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Wade phillips has over 23 years of experience being a defensive coordinator. There's quite a difference. But obviously you can always find somebody to use as an example.

My point is he has virtually no OC experience, and our offense was horrible. Plus hes extremely conservative. I've already explained everything I can about the guy. You can keep trying to argue it, but what I've said can hardly be debated. He did a shitty job with our offense, No? He's never been in control of an entire offense, No? Be optimistic all you want but there's very little you can point to that says yea this is the guy, great offensive mind, he's going to help us alot. Instead its "Wade Phillips". lol

And for one last time, I'm not trying to bash or troll or anything. I understand being optimistic, but I think alot of people aren't being honest with themselves when they say that it's a "great hire", or "this guy is going to help our offense alot". Based on what? Wade Phillips?

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When the Jets announce they hired Todd Haley today you will be able to sleep easier knowing what the Sparano/Haley combo did in there time in Dallas. If you don't know about that, I'll save you some time and let you know it was far more successful than the shitty Dolphins offense.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

i havent really seen any posts to suggest anyone has said its a great hire or that they are over the moon by this move - most people are just glad its not Schotty and he will be given at least 1 pre-season game before everyone starts calling for him to be sacked.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Do you know he was a coordinator in 06 and called the plays? Him and Haley were a pretty successful combo but Sparano was the one calling the plays.

14. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Listen, if you guys hire Haley I will admit it isn't a bad combo, but until then Sparano is the OC. And honestly I didn't know it was just Sparano that called plays in 06. I thought he just called running plays or something, even tho I've never really heard of that. Maybe I'm being a little too hard on the guy, and maybe there is some bias involved plus a dislike for the Jets. But I'm being as honest as I can be. If he was hired for the dolphins as OC before he was head coach I just know I would'nt have been very excited. Optimistic, but not very happy. I would've hoped they could've done better. It might work, it might not. I hope it doesn't, but we'll see. I just wish it wasn't the jets because I really do want him to do well and wish him luck, but not for the Jets

15. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Basically, I just would've wanted somebody with a better track record, and that wasn't so conservative. But i also understand that getting rid of shotty was huge for you guys so maybe it isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be. He's just so unproven

16. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

You couldn't be much less successful than our shitty offense lol

17. abyzmul

Dick LeBeau?

18. abyzmul

Try Top 5 Offense.

19. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by that?

20. abyzmul

Look, ughh, here's the deal. Nobody knows how Sparano or Sparano/Haley will work out in New York. Not you, not us. I don't care how he did with the Dolphins or the Cowboys. I care how he fits with my team.

I get your drift. A lot of Jets fans, myself included, went to Chiefs forums in 2006 to warn them about Herm Edwards, and initially they would have none of it.

Fans want hope. Some will listen to you, but most of us need to find out the truth the hard way. It's part of watching sports.