The Phins Fans are having a good laugh at our expense...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

That's very big of you.

2. NYJMONKEY

NYJMONKEY Member

I really like this move

3. Al13

Al13 Member

and this should help with mark sanchez still the QB ?

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Wade has a winning record as a head coach; he was a good coach. not being great does not equal being shitty.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We should get Incognito, maybe he can get Scott fired up in practice.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Jerseyjet never disappoints

#46 ace_o_spades, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I think this is a good move for you guys ...

I was in the minority, but I loved Tony as the fins head coach. I think the dichotomy of personalities between he and Rex will serve the Jets well. I love his passion and no nonsense style. Players loved him for the most part and he is a class act. I thought he got an unfair deal the past year.

As far as his philosophy goes, that is what remains to be seen as I'm sure you guys have discussed. He was always known as conservative and boring, but that all changed last year when Brain Daboll got the OC job for us. Typically in Sparano's tenure, the dolphins would finish in the bottom of the league in big plays; but last year, we were 3rd i believe in plays above 25 yards (at least passing plays anyway).

He is a very disciplined coach that preaches fundamentals. The dolphins were always near the bottom of the league in terms of penalties. Never usually any stupid personal fouls.

I wish him good luck and appreciate what he did for us even though most dolphin fans don't care for him.

side note: If santonio is around next year, I will be interested in seeing how Sparano interacts with him. Sparano is not shy about getting in a player's face and screaming at him.

His intensity is unmatched

#47 34miami23, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Mr. Haley begs to differ.

9. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

You actually trust Sanchez to throw on 3rd and 15? :lol::lol::lol: I'd rather save ourselves from the inevitable turnover.

10. TheFakeSpike

TheFakeSpike New Member

I liked Sparano and I thought he was a decent coach, but his downfall was that he believed in Henne too much and was way too conservative with the offense. The team was never aggressive until it was all lost at 0-7. I don't know how he'll call plays for the jets, but most Dolphins fans remember him jumping for joy after field goals. Being in love with Henne and playing scared is what did him in. I will say that he had total control of the locker room and the guy is a class act, a true professional.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

he was a headcoach... hes not a headcoach here jeez stop trying to run this guy out of town without him even being here for a full day lol

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Sparano never should have been fired. Ross treated him like Modell treated Belichick in 1995.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

i hate how a few Jet fans can find negativity with any move made or not. I don't know who the hell were expecting, but Sparano is very good and RESPECTED by the players.
    Let's get on board and stop the bitching,
    in the mind of some no matter what, if you pass for 60 times in a game you are a moron, but if you run on 2nd and 15een you are a moron, and no matter what the OC does is a moron, and if you take a 1-15 team and turn it around in one year you are a brainless looser....God what a sorry outlook.
    i suggest we stop worrying about the OC and focus our concern on Sanchez. I'm not sold on him

14. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

You don't know how much I despise your name. lol

But anyway.....Sparano is going to be our OC, not HC. So I doubt we'll experience the "hell" you guys experienced.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yes we are laughing.

We know what's coming.

Have fun.

A few of you have a brain and knows how bad of a offensive philosophy he had. The rest of you are just delusional form your hatred of Shotty to form a real opinion on this failed coach.

16. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

He's a failed coach like BB was in 1995

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets didn't hire him to be a head coach. Why can't fins fans seem to grasp that simple concept?

He's going to be our OC with Haley assisting him, just like they did in Dallas in '06 when they took undrafted Tony Romo in his first action in the NFL and produced a top 5 offense.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The Dolphin fan is like what we used to be. They know that every decision they make turns to shit and they are panicking that Sparano wlll be a good hire for the Jets.

They're like the Giant fans who've been calling Sports radio for two weeks trashing the Jets even tough they've got their own game this Sunday.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What the fuck what they be laughing at?

20. roy_miami

roy_miami New Member

Morano's nickname was well earned. He made it on "come on man" not once but twice for his stupidity. Fist pumping field goals wreaks of small mindedness. Admit it, you guys would have been jumping for joy had we kept him for another season.

You guys may not know this but our first win came after he pulled a Costanza when he decided that everything he was doing in game preparation was wrong and started doing the opposite.

"George returns from the beach and decides that every decision that he has ever made has been wrong, and that his life is the exact opposite of what it should be. George tells this to Jerry in Monk's Cafe, who convinces him that 'if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right'. George then resolves to start doing the complete opposite of what he would do normally."