ESPN: It's time for Mark Sanchez to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not going anywhere and Manning is not coming here. I refuse to read anything that suggest either. Its stupid. Sanchez deserves a year with another coordinator before we even think of replacing him, we just need a good backup

2. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Wow, were many people saying this over the past two years? Are you not allowed to have one bad year even though some of your numbers are better than previous years? I know he wasn't too good this year, but so was the whole team. Sanchez does not play defense or fumble the ball on Special Teams. I think he deserves at least one more year. The team had a bad year. All teams at some point have a bad year. I don't care about the previous 40 years. The Jets just had a bad year. Now to learn from it and have a good year next year. Clearly if #6, our quarterback, shows no improvement next season, then yeah, time to start thinking about making a change. Right now, Sanchez stays.

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez deserves another season but he needs to stop fucking around and up that completion percentage, anything less than 60% is nowhere near NFL caliber. If your going to complete less than 60% of your passes you better average 7.5+ YPA and he has neither.

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

The idea that Sanchez will be replaced is humorous to me. Quite humorous actually.

Get a grip people, our O-line was absolutely terrible this year.

TERRIBLE.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez has a better completion percentage for more YPA and more TD's than Eli Manning had after 3 seasons.

He has more TD's and a better YPA than Drew Brees had after 3 seasons. If Sanchez does not throw a single TD next year he'll have 1 fewer TD than Brees had through 4 seasons of play including his breakout 27 TD season in 2004.

Matthew Stafford threw for 5,000+ yards this season and 41 TD's. He has 5 more TD's in his career than Sanchez and 1,400 fewer yards passing in his career at this point including the breakout season.

Is Sanchez going to get the right support and system to let him take the next step forward? Who knows? But he's doing just fine given the circumstances. If he does get the right support he's going to throw 300 TD's going away, maybe many more than that. He's going to win a lot of important games for the Jets, or whoever he winds up with.

I'd take Sanchez over either of the Mannings now without thinking twice about it. Peyton is old and injured and on the way out and Sanchez has a much higher ceiling than Eli because he's got an extra 5 years to grow at this point. After their third seasons Sanchez was the better of the two QB's by a bit.

6. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Is that a joke?

7. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

That sure is a deceiving way to frame it.

Seriously? After watching him play for three years you think he's going to string together 8 30+ TD seasons?

You do realize only six QBs in the history of the game have eclipsed that number, right?

8. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

....& dont forget to add Drew Brees, who in his 3RD YEAR was BENCHED for several games, after several g#d-awful games he played in where Doug Flutie of all people replaced him for bit!!

9. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Seriously Pats fan, what are you even doing here?

10. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Stats don't lie man.

11. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Im not sure if this has been said yet, but Im hoping that the bucs draft a QB and cut ties with Josh Johnson (Mentioned in an earlier thread) as he could push Sanchez for the starting job. **I would really like if the Bucs cut ties with Freeman, as I feel he would be a great fit for the elements of a northeast team. His size and mobility is something that would have really helped us this year. (I know some will rip me apart for this because of how poor he played this year with the bucs).

Idk about you guys but im getting real sick of Mark playing grab ass on the sidelines with brunell. Seriously its like all our CS tries to do is keep the kid loose. When his whole career before he came here he wasnt coddled. He had to earn the starting job at USC, but with us he was handed it. Dont get me wrong I do think Mark is the answer but it would be nice to have a real option when it comes to him not performing. If we learned anything this season its that we cannot put all our eggs in one basket. We never had a plan B and it screwed us.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Marks 4th year is going to be the year that decides his fate I think. Whats disappointing is the way he finished the season. He started off much better and his numbers up until the last 4 games were much better. I wonder if a season of getting slammed into the ground took its toll on him. To often you see him get sacked and run to the sidelines holding his shoulder.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Josh Freeman played worse than Sanchez this year. You think you're sick of watching Sanchez play this year you obviously did not much too many buccs games.

14. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

I am willing to give Mark Sanchez at least one more season with a NEW OC. We have shown the last 2 seasons that we can beat the best teams in the NFL with Mark Sanchez, and even on the road in hostile environments. Sanchez can only improve season by season. He wants to prove himself just as bad, if not more, than how bad Rex wants a Super Bowl ring.

We need an OC that will encourage Sanchez to call his own plays, call a few audibles when the situation allows itself, and will utilize our high paid receivers in down the field passing routes more than 2x a season.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Listening to Smith is like listening to a neighborhood spelling B contestant in Compton.

16. mgmrfn

mgmrfn New Member

But Sanchez did have 3 TD's, 0 INT's and a QB Rating of 127.3 in the game against the Patriots

17. jetsetter81

jetsetter81 New Member

To be honest Sanchez is a BUM!!..Given that he was the least pressured QB in the NFL his first two years and only was able to produce a completion percentage of 56% in his second year says something about his ability. Sanchez has been in the bottom 5 of completion percentage in all 3 years. That completion percentage is for high-percentage short passes. If Sanchez was throwing deeper and more difficult passes his completion percentage would be even worse. If the Jets had Cam Newton for Sanchez's first two years I guarantee you that they would've won the Superbowl b/c it was the offense's inability to sustain drives and score TDs which has held the team back for 3 years. With all that said it would be hard to cut and get rid of this bum so the Jets would just have to shore up the o-line and pray to the same G-d that Tebow prays to that he gets better..

18. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

No, I didn't read the article. Yes I don't like sanchez. I would rather shove a fork in my eye than to waste 10 minutes of my life reading some racists Fuckj tards column.

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

McElroy said he expects to compete in summer for job..

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Eli is a bum too because he couldn't hit 60% until his 5th year. A lot of our short passes are actually tougher since we don't throw deep. This allows defenses to come closer to the line and make it tougher.

We have no idea how Cam Newton would do in NY and in the playoffs. If you switch QB's only you can't assume everything pans out exactly the way it did in Carolina.