Latest Namath Rant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jetsfan4life78

jetsfan4life78 New Member

For once I agree with the drunk.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because it's an easy attention grab and soundbites/headlines equal money for people in Joe's current line of work. Look at Rich Cimini.

3. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

While I can't disagree with any of Namath's comments, he really didn't say anything we didn't already know. As a figurehead for the organization, he might have chosen his words more carefully rather than speak out more like the frustrated fan he clearly is. Furthermore, when he criticizes Holmes et al, he's kind of guilty of the same thing he is condemning him for: taking complaints public instead of airing them in private.

There are certainly signs of a leadership void and perhaps Namath and the team would have been better served if he addressed the team directly (and in private) regarding the advice he had to impart, whether it was the team about keeping the negative stuff internal or the FO regarding personnel. While he may well have been ignored, I think the players might have appreciated/respected him more for it.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Namath is dead on. Then again, does he really think that Rex, Callahan, and Shotty don't already know that ?

To Matt Slauson: You have not EARNED the right to talk to a fucking HoFer and a Jet legend like that.....not the way you play...... STFU and work harder.

#44 Andy_M, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  5. Massena

Massena New Member

Actually I think he started his talking before we started to lose. However, think about what you are saying. You are saying if we lose, you don't want to hear from him. If we lose on a cosistent basis, (and I surely hope not), who do you want to hear from? The wind rushing by? No one? Kris Jenkins?

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

This is much ado about nothing. Typical NY press trying to stir up controversy. It's so damn counter-productive.

7. Massena

Massena New Member

Namath is making a point I've made myself here that talking by players to the media, (think Santonio Holmes), about the coaches, their shortcomings and now about other players is poison in the locker room. The basic response I received here was that the JETS aren't the Patriots, they're going to talk. Okay, trash talking about your opponents is one thing but calling out your team mates and coaches is self serving and dumb. This was Joe's main point for this interview. There is no need to panic this week, this can still get done but if they start attacking each other, they and we can forget about it for another year. Lastly, the fact that this is happening reflects the lack of discipline in Rex's locker room. He needs to get this under control now

8. Massena

Massena New Member

You must have missed the thread here about his being a turnstile. What good does that do?

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It wasn't really clear on the TV broadcast whether or not the ball was snapped too early or not, but those did look like pretty clean deliveries. The one in the shotgun was just a little off but that happens a dozen times a game and QBs usually handle those without issues.

Has anyone from the team shed any light on those plays? Did Baxter get jittery and snap the ball before Sanchez was expecting it?

Joe's clearly not happy about the team "strugg-gull-eng."

10. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

the Namath war drums will beat louder this week... I dare rex to say a f*cking word

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Gee where are all those who thought Namath was wrong in correctly critiquing the Jets early and often this season? Where is Matt Slauson ??? The way Slauson was running his mouth you'd have thought Slauson was a pro bowler - in truth Slauson SUCKED and if anybody needs to SHUT UP its Matt freaking Slauson. He should be cut immediately along with Hunter.

#51 AbdulSalam, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  12. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Namath for OC?

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yeah yeah yeah. Fuck Joe Namath - the guy who helped make me a Jets fan decades ago.

14. sect105

sect105 New Member

Actually I think Slausson played pretty well this year. Obviously Hunter stunk but I think Brick was pretty bad as well, and though I love Mangold, he was hurt but also had a sub par year.

15. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

At this point maybe Woody should put Namath on the payroll to help fix the mess we're in. It's evident they didn't listen too well to Tom Moore.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I usually want to sock Broadway Joe in the face for what he says but this time I have to agree. Wow thats a first for me.

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you don't need to be namath to know that "the personnel department" failed to do the job. this year's disaster falls mostly/primarily on TANNENBAUM.

compare our payroll minus sanchez with the giants under gm reese minus manning and tell me whose done the better job while they have been in charge?

they won a super bowl! going to two conference champ games and LOSING them doesn't define better results. it defines quick-fix, short-term failure.
    i could say that it's woody's money, except that you pay for psl and game tickets and the nfl ticket for those of us who live farther away and buy team merchandise.

i'd take reese, tuna, wolff, casserly over the bean counter any day.

the new jets motto: ONLY brag about what you've done, ONLY after you have actually done it.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Maybe we should dump RR & make JWN the HC. He sure far more smarter then RR:grin:

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He sure far more smarter? Really?

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

In knowing FB yes really. RR lives in la la land whereas from the article JWN seems to live in the real world as was CORRECT all season long about RR :sad: