No no no this cant be happening!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Schotty back.....

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

People have to stop with the kneejerk reactions of a press conference a day after the loss.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If he really comes back, I won't give this franchise a penny next year.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think hes trying to get him the HC job so the Jets wont have to pay him. W/e

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this

schiller

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

agreed. you don't want to talk him
    down.

7. mash84

mash84 Member

I normally wouldn't put too much stock in a press conference either, but it was one of the first things that Tanny said when it came on the radio. He said that he expects Shotty back and that he had done a good job developing players. I hope that this is just positive PR for Shotty, to avoid undercutting him when he goes to interview for other teams. But you can't help to think that they will continue in the same direction despite the criticism that the offense has had all year (and in past years). Who would give Shotty a head coaching job anyway?

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

How about the Jets worry what's best for the Jets and not Shotty?

If he doesn't get a HC job, we either take him back, or possibly lose out on other, better OC's while we wait and see if another team wants him?

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Hes not getting a HC job aftert his season

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

What's best for the Jets is for another team to hire Schotty so we don't need to pay him.

11. Jet in the UK

Jet in the UK New Member

Looking at the Jags forums, it's clear that they desperately do not want him!

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This press conference did nothing but cement my feelings that Rex is not HC material. He is fucking clueless about what is going on with this team. He only cares about his fucking defense, which sucked balls this season.
    A HC knows whats going on in every facet of his team from top to bottom. Rex has a hands off approach to everything that isn't defense related. How many HC's do you think wouldn't know that their offensive stud was benched during a game winning drive fighting for a playoff spot? Give me a fucking break.

I've seen Rex not even be part of a discussion between Schotty and Sanchez during a timeout in a crucial spot. That's unacceptable.

Rex is a fucking moron and maybe he'll be a better HC as time goes on but right now imo he's a liability to this team.

Tanny and Rex are going to evaluate these players after the season? The players Rex said were the best in the league and going to take us to the SB?
    This coach looks at his team with blinders on. This team is average at best.

#12 Jersey Joe 67, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's not coming back. The Jets are giving him every opportunity to make another spot for himself but in the end they know they can't go into next season with the same OC and the same QB and expect different results.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The presser was all PR spin. It has nothing to do with how Rex really feels or what's really going to happen. The whole point is to give the media something to talk about without really saying anything.

Heads will roll, changes will be made, players will be dumped and added. Just wait.

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Move on, move on ....nothing to see here

Just the company line....did you expect anything more...today's PC has nothing to do with what they actually plan to do as far as cuts and firings...

I don't believe one word about this person or that coming back or how well they played this year or how much confidence they have in them,,,

Actions speak much louder then words and I believe we have not yet see the action that will follow this season...

16. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Rex "lapband" Ryan is a fat lazy f*cking slob...... its just too much trouble to hire new people...its to much of a hassle....slap a pair of veneers on a pig..hes still a pig

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Schotty wont be caught at the wall, hes out of here.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly I believe we said we trusted Gholston, Rhodes, Mason, etc. You cannot call out people in press conferences, I dont think a GM/coach would last long if he named names while calling out poor play. And the whole Schotty thing is trying to play everything correctly. IF the guy is interviewing for HC jobs, and you fire him, you are really hurting his chances for no reason. If you wait two weeks, see he isn't hired, then fire him it is a lot less scumbag move

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Direct copy and paste of quotes from Jags forum regarding Brian Schottenheimer getting a HC interview.

"Please no.... "

"I hope this is a sympathy interview..."

Out of all the possible candidates nothing would make me more upset then if we hired this bum

Would not like this move.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Look at the amazing job he has done with Mark Sanchez.......

Schotty has been the Offensive coordinator since 2006 and has done nothing at all.

How could anyone who has watched the Jets offense for the last several years have the feeling that, "Yeah, this is good stuff -

The Jets passing game consists of an obscene number of quick slants. Part of this can be pinned to Sanchez, who constantly resorts to the quick slant before he allows the downfield routes to develop, but you have to assume that there is also something in the offensive scheme that causes this.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

schotty isn't getting a HC job

I'd honestly be shocked if Jacksonville hires him