Do we trade Holmes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 1, 2012.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Hear me out....

I've had enough of his diva like attitude. I think we could trade for a decent RB from another team to compliment Greene.

Bring Braylon back and make Kerley/Turner a No. 2 and No. 3 ? I know it doesn't sound great but Kerley and Turner have been pretty solid minus the fumble. But fumbling can be fixed.

2. mainejetsfan

mainejetsfan New Member

I think they should just release Holmes; with his contract, no one will make a deal with them and he needs to be gone. And I agree about Braylon, especially if they're moving forward with Sanchez. Mark had chemistry with him.

3. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

Not a horrible idea actually. He has had some great games but I am starting to regret this choice of username haha.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Who/what for? A Scotty McWhite pick?

5. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

No team is going to give you anything worthwhile for Holmes. We're stuck with him.

6. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

No one will take his contract at this point, and its not his fault his Qb he has a arena league Qb throwing to him.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Nope. Not with the shit he pulled.

Plus people in the Holmes market will probably be in the desaun Jackson market and they can get him with out giving up players

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yes, he gave up on this team today. Despite all of his other bullshit issues that I could just name off, him quitting on this team is enough to get rid of his ass. That is inexcusable bullshit, he doesn't deserve the money the Jets gave him and they made a mistake by making in the priority in the off season.

For the record, I have always disagreed with keeping, Holmes. I have stated so many times that he is a bad fit for this team. I also hated him in college. As a fan, he has been a very pain in my ass for a long time. I want him gone.

9. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

The guy is one of the only playmakers we have on the roster. Why would we trade him?

10. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Not only are we stuck with him, but the coach and management is going to have to stroke him off in order to get any production out of him whatsoever.

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Holmes for Manning. Then manning can be our offensive coordinator.

12. PA32R

PA32R Member

Sadly, I'm afraid this is true.

13. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

This board is way too in love with Braylon. The guy just got CUT in week 16! There's a reason the Jets had no interest in bringing him back, and why there was basically 0 interest in him this offseason. He's not the answer. We need a real #1, but those aren't easy to get outside the draft. We're paying Santonio like he's a #1 when he's clearly just a good #2.

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

As others have stated no one is taking on his contract. That said if the Jets agree to eat some of it he can be dealt. Kerley is a better player than Holmes imho, he's way more versatile, he looks faster and has very good feet.

Holmes isn't getting any separation on deep routes and with Kerley being better than Holmes in the slot the value of Holmes on this team is diminished.

The Jets have tons of work to be done next year on both sides of the ball so they have to be careful where they are spending what little cap room they will have but for the right package I'd love to see Holmes in another uniform next year.

15. Mr. Green Pants

No. We stay the course with Sanchez and Holmes for at least one more season.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course they will trade Holmes, that's the Tannenbaum way of handling problems. Hopefully he will get more than a 7th round pick in 2057 for him..but don't count on it.

17. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I don't think a team can eat part of a player's contract in the NFL. That happens in baseball, but not in football.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He got cut due to a lack of chemistry with Alex Smith. He was a one year rental anyway, he got injured early in the year before he could establish that chemistry on that team. The offensive scheme didn't suit his style very well anyway, they are not a team that will light you up vertically. Edwards is a vertical threat, the receivers they have fit their scheme much better.

It's unfair to use that as your argument in bashing Edwards. There were so many more factors at play with that decision to cut him. The Jets did have interest in bringing him back, it was stated several times by the FO, he just wasn't the top priority. He was never going to be their big money target, so it didn't work out.

You take into consideration that we were very limited with the cap in the off season, it just didn't work out.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Either he quit on the team, or the coaches decided the highly paid, "clutch WR" shouldn't be on the field at the end of the biggest game (biggest drive) of the year. Time will tell.

He cannot play for this team again.

The Jets went the Namath route and took an immature player and made him captain thinking it would force him to become mature and responsible.

It worked with Namath. It was a horrible failure with Holmes.

Keeping him on the team sends a bad, BAD message.

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

u dont get rid of ur best player