Does Sanchez Deserve the Blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mystikol

mystikol New Member

This. So very much this.

I get Panthers games locally, and Newton's WRs, even outside of Steve Smith, get a lot of separation. Sanchez gets no such luxury.

2. mystikol

mystikol New Member

While I don't agree with that, it actually makes sense.

I.e.: Sanchez was bad, but the defense and running game were good enough to cover him up, and now they aren't. There's no "one reason" in a team sport, of course, though.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. I didn't mention the media or Rex blowing hot air. I referenced two things that Ryan deliberately did that I'm assuming were either for the benefit of his team or to piss off the Giants. And neither one makes sense to me.

Again, how does sending out Plax as Captain or curtaining off some pro Giant signage help the Jets? These were media stories after the game.

4. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

He's trying to change the mentality and the perception of the inferiority complex of being "little" brother to the Giants. He's telling his player's screw them we're #1 in this town - now go out and kick some butt. Again can't see how either event would cause any negative impact.

5. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Sure is... Never let facts get in the way of your opinion, eh??

6. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Nope. Blame falls squarely on the FO, Oline, Rungame, wack ass receivers, defense lapses, Shotty first. Sanchez is playing really well considering everything

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, the team responds better when they're the underdogs.

Either way, it didn't work.

8. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

But did it not work because they we're outplayed or because Rex ran his mouth and pulled other antics ??

I say they were simply outplayed/coached on the field. All the other garbage had no impact whatsoever in the outcome of the game.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The facts - like the one's you presented saying that Sanchez sucks because he's not elite like the QB's you listed? Get real. I presented facts in my article that show the true reason our offense has been sub-par this year. Don't let THOSE FACTS get in the way.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

It's not all on him but he's making stupid decisions at points that a 3rd year QB should not be making. Those of course include holding onto the ball for way too long and taking a meaningless sack, when he could have thrown it away, and not throwing the ball into triple or quadruple coverage when there isn't a Jets receiver for 20 yards. Those types of mistakes fall squarely on him.

That being said, I'm not writing him off yet, as he's shown some great flashes. It would be interesting to see what a change to a competent offensive coordinator, along with a shored-up offensive line, along with more-engaged receivers will do for him.

Is he responsible for part of the problems we've seen? Absolutely, because when he plays bad, he plays like utter dogshit. But Sanchez is just one mark on a laundry list of issues this team needs to look at.

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

um that looks like progression to me lol. Every year hes ranked higher so where is your argument? If he can be ranked 15th or so next season which I personally think he'll be at 12th even I'll take that kind of progression every year.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he deserves blame along w/ the OL, WRs, OC, HC. There is plenty to go around, no need for a scapegoat.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Some scary stats from Manish's article -

Although Slauson maintained that the Jets are “really close to being an amazing offense,” the numbers tell a different story. The team’s inability to stretch the field has been one of the primary areas of concern. Sanchez has completed a league-low two passes for more than 40 yards. Burress’ longest catch: 30 yards.

Sanchez has completed only 34.9% of his passes that travel at least 15 yards, according to ESPN Stats & Information, a drop from his 41.7% completion rate in that category last year. Moreover, Sanchez has completed only 17% of passes of 15+ yards since he injured his neck against the Broncos six weeks ago.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Your article presented some good facts but it still left out almost every negative about Mark. You bring up his only two positive stats (red zone % and td passes), but leave out just about everything else he has been awful in this whole year. You blame everyone but Sanchez it seems. You act as if he lost some great receiver in Calvin Johnson but its only Cotchery and a 4th string WR in Smith (both are barely anything to brag about). No one in their right mind is going to say Wayne Hunter isn't a problem but its sad that you and others only see things one way and make nonstop excuses for this QB. Its okay to admit he has been bad this year as has most of the team. Top to bottom...

15. 94Abraham

LOL @ Slauson. Amazing??? Who is he trying to fool. I hope he just chose the wrong word to say there...

16. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

We make it to the AFCCG last year with Sanchez performing MUCH worst then he did this year so where is your argument? We lost Braylon Edwards for an old ass Plaxico Burress(god knows what his 40 time is right now). Nobodies saying Sanchez has been elite but he's far from the problem this season sorry.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This annoys me. You cant say that Andrew Luck or RG3 or any other rookie will be better than Sanchez. Have you ever heard of Ryan Leaf, he was supposed to be amazing, bust; just like Luck is supposed to be amazing.

Manning is a big risk to get as for he could take too much cap when we have a solid QB right now and we can fill holes to make our Jets better.

Schotty makes horrible play calls... I would love to see him gone

Edit: I am not saying Luck will be horrible but he is a highly praised prospect just like Leaf

18. 94Abraham

There we go again. Another person who wants to blame everyone but Sanchez. God forbid you blame the most important person on the entire offense. The stats tell otherwise brother....