Does Sanchez Deserve the Blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If you think he's playing good lately, well I'm not gonna argue the point.

I've never called for Sachez's head on a platter. His flaws are there for all to see.
    I will say this. He's lucky to be on a team that has pledged to stick by him. They really have no choice.

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

They will stick with Sanchez for at least 2 more seasons. If it doesn't work out, we'll all be 2 years older and the Jets will be going on 45 years since their last Championship.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

and IF it does work out???

you and the rest of your band of Sanchez haters will continue to look like dummies

4. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Do you really think he put too much pressure on his own team and gave the Giants the fuel they needed for victory - Really ??. This was the NFL week 16 both teams playing for their playoff lives. Rex's talking did nothing other than to sell newspapers. The Giants beat the Jets on the field a game which turned on a horrid 3rd and 10 from the Giants 1 yard line.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sure, it's supposition on my part. So tell me what his antics were supposed to accomplish? As far as I can tell, there was nothing positive that came of it.

Sending out Plax as Captain and covering up some pro Giants signage just seems petty. I just don't see how that shit helps the Jets. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the scoreboard don't lie.

6. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

And by the time we draft another Qb it will set us back another 3 years before he develops. By then Rex will def be fired and we will hire another Mangini. Sanchez is responsible for why we lost the Denver and Giants game, he played miserably down the stretch.

#26 jetsown22, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

we should trade for Peyton Manning.

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Huh? It's not that it's on him. He got carried to the playoffs for 2 years by his defense and the running game. That was always clear as day. Now the team is just worse all around, so the defense and running game are no longer masking the fact that Sanchez isn't that good.

He has stayed the same and the rest of the team has gotten worse. He doesn't need to shoulder all the blame, but ignoring the fact that he's just not that good doesn't help anything. He's a middle of the road caliber player for this team as of now. He was drafted to be the franchise QB and so far he hasn't played like it. Whether that's his fault or not doesn't matter. It's just that he hasn't.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I think the Jets go with a new OC next year. If Sanchez has a bad year, it will be, "He was getting used to the new system and the OC." If he has another bad year, he will be done as the QB of the Jets.

Hopefully, a new OC that plays to his strengths will mean Sanchez flourishes from next year on.

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Ding ding ding, he never once threw for over 200 yards(196 186 180 and a pathetic 100 in our four wins), Franchise qb? Id settle for him playing like a "average qb". Right now he is pathetic.

11. jack handy

jack handy Member

Think that we need to be honest with ourselves. Maybe I have been watching different games then the other posters on this thread but he clearly looks worse this year compared to previous years. How is it the OC's fault that Sanchez: looks lost, throws the ball in to the ground, misses open receivers, holds the ball too long..............?

You can blame the whole team for taking a step back but his game clearly has not gotten better. Who would rather have Sanchez then: Brees, Brady, Manning (either), Big Ben, Cam, Vick, Rivers, Rogers, Cutler, Ryan, Stafford, Schaub?

12. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Fact of the matter is if we want a below average-average qb they are easy to find, release Sanchez save the money bring in Matt Moore or someone like him and draft a Qb and develop him properly.

13. skeleton_frames

Whether Sanchez is the guy or not is yet to be seen, but I agree that there's blame to go around. he clearly has really poor play/defence recognition, but that needs to be coached into him. It's clear that he hasn't had that yet. Want to see him get that over the next two years so we know whether we need to lock him up long term, or start over.

Really hoping it's the former, not the latter, but I'll admit, I'm not sure at this point.

Ultimately it comes down to this: we need to see him in another system to remove any doubt.

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The Giants/Jets game and the NY/NJ media for all intents and purposes is a three ring circus. Everyone wants their story and they're willing to go to whatever means possible to get a story.

Rex simply put the focus of the media bullseye on himself hopefully leaving his players to focus on the games at hand.

Its highly doubtful that anything a coach or player says in the media impacts a game. The whole notion of bulletin board material is way overblown. If a professional athelete who is facing post season elimination needs bulletin board material to give him an advantage - then something is seriously wrong.

True the scoreboard don't lie , The Giants beat the Jets simple as that - no human interest stories no trash talking and no media reports impacted the fact the Giants outscored the Jets on Saturday.

15. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

I was stunned in this thread to see so many supporters of Sanchez. I am further stunned to see how many people think the jury is still out!?! Seriously; why are people calling him an average QB?? He blows!!!! Now I know stats don't tell the complete story, but they do paint a very decent picture:

* 2009 - He ranked 28th out of 32 QBs (By the way; right there below him - Stafford & Freeman [Yet they seem to have matured?!?])
    * 2010 - 27th of 31 QBs measured
    * This Year - 22nd of 34

He is a bottom tier QB. Period! Again; not that stats are everything, but it is no accident that during those same years Brady, Brees, & Rogers were killing it. We are never going anywhere with this joker at the helm.

16. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Great point. He also had to sit at USC. he could not beat anyone out until late. Unlike you I am not enamored with sanchez. he is OK at best! in a division with Brady, we need a better QB to beat him or a GREAT defense. We have neither!

17. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

You have to blame him Carrol begged him not to leave, now theres a strong possibility he will forever be labeled a "bust". His own doing.

18. RollingGreen

RollingGreen New Member

I'm not sure if Sanchez is the answer or not. What I am sure of is inconsistent play by the OL and inconsistent game planning by the OC. 59 pass attempts? Really? Sanchez is not the guy to throw the ball more than 30 times per game. OC seems to give up on the run game a little prematurely at times.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Carroll begged him not to commit to the draft, and then USC lost 4 games in 2009. Carroll didn't want him to leave for selfish reasons.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is borderline hilarious.