Mark Sanchez...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Dec 18, 2011.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Our oline is abysmal , we have a RT who would not start on any other team, a RG who is in his down cycle due to injuries and a very average LG.

Take Magold out and we are fucked, with him in Sanchez is still getting levelled every game. Tanny has to get a LG/RT min this off season, he owes it to his QB.

2. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

thats how we beat the patriots in the playoffs
    constant pressure and brady made some mistakes

I still think we'll make the playoffs, but with this oline, we're a one and done team max

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Bad Communication.. Not getting Rid of the ball... Bad Fumbles.... Not audibling out of a badly blocked play.... The fact that he's not a QB to come back from a big deficit (where is Vinny!!!!)

i think people are giving Sanchez wayyyyyyyyyy too much credit in here....

IMO, this guy is TOAST!

the NY JETS need a Qb and what really pisses me off is that i think we have the best coach in the NFL and his Jet career could possibly go down in flames because of a pansy we have at QB.

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

...Also.. The guy needs to pick his head up and show enthusiasm. There were points in this game where you get another score and your 2 scores down - Brady would be yelling at his team mates and he would know exactly that. As long as you are within 2 scores down it's a game even with little time left....

Guy needs to show energy and pick everyone up..

LIFT YOUR ####### HEAD UP YOU #####N PANZY!!!!!

5. Adventitia

Adventitia Member

Honest question - When does he lose that label? I would think year 3/ Age 25 would be nearing the end of "developing" and moving into his prime.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I disagree with your other post about Rex being the best coach in the NFL. Thats beyond retarded. However, Sanchez is indeed a complete vagina! You knew the game was over in teh first quarter because you could just see the deer in head lights look on Taco's face. Once you see that, hes done. He doesnt lead this team at all. He has horrible bodylanguage, his gay face makes me wanna jump through the TV.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

How many QB's are in their prime at the age of 25? I'm curious to know who these studs are in their 3rd season.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not as down on Sanchez as you and JB, but that this is a factor is undeniable.

Sanchez does his best as a leader when he leads by example, when he closes out games with comebacks. But when the team overall is short circuiting, playing without direction, does Sanchez take the team on his back and lead them to get back on top? No.

The debate here about him I don't think should really be a debate at all. The only thing we don't really know is if he will significantly improve next year and thereafter. But what hs is now? He's certainly not playing as well as one might reasonably expect of the fifth overall player in the draft, coming to a team that gave him the level of support he got. He has not progressed at reading defenses, still makes too many stupid mistakes, still is poor at ball protection (that fumble was inexcusable). And he does not inspire confidence as a team leader when the team is drifting aimlessly.

But the team should not be drifting aimlessly, not a team with playoff pretensions. And Sanchez can take a hit and keep playing. He's got a much better arm than Chad.

Overall, he neither sucks nor is playing as well as we had a right to expect of the fifth pick in the draft. He is, quite frankly, right about where the overall talent level for this team is. Somewhat above average, but not very good, either. It is what it is.

9. Mason

Mason New Member

We need to get him a true #1 receiver. Look at Stafford - a completely mediocre QB in my book, but look at what he's doing with Calvin Johnson. Take away CJ and Stafford is average. Sanchez will never be successful with our average receiving corps. Holmes is a #2 receiver(getting paid as if he's top flight), and Plax needs more time to get open than our offensive line can afford. He's also slow, and only useful in redzone with his great size and hands.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Here is what happened to Wayne Hunter at the hotel after the game, Sanchez is the last guy to hit him:

[YOUTUBE]TCNqKrX1sx8[/YOUTUBE]

11. Mason

Mason New Member

:rofl::rofl: Hilarious.

12. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I think Stafford has shown that he's a little better than average, especially considering he's only 23.

While CJ is phenomenal, their offense isn't exactly dripping with talent like say ATL. Best is still the leading rusher and he hasn't played in two months.

Sanchez is getting better, albeit slowly. There hasn't been that jump as of yet.

But he's progressing and still hasn't reached his potential.

More talent on offense is never a bad thing and should only help him make that jump a tad faster.

13. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Lol at Stafford being mediocre, if Stafford is mediocre then Sanchez couldn't even start on a highschool team. Id take Stafford playing with a injury over Sanchez anyday. Sanchez is a below average- average qb and the sooner people stop calling him "elite", "franchise",etc the better. He is nor never will be a elite qb and we wasted a 5th pick on this guy. As long as he is qb we will never get to a superbowl. Firing shotty won't help either. Brady turned Welker and a bunch of nobody tightends into one of the best receiving cores in the league, Manning turned Reggie Wayne and a bunch of nobodys into one of the best receiving cores in the league. Sanchez has Holmes and Plaxico 2 superbowl champs and above average receivers, no reason why he sucks. Brett Favre did just as good here with Cotchery as his #1 and sorrounded by crap. Vinny had crap to and turned Chrebet someone nobody wanted into a pretty good receiver, Sanchez was already given good proven receivers and is turning them into crap. Vinny was a leader, Pennington was a leader, Sanchez is a follower. Notice how all the other Qb's got us to the playoffs to but not much elsewhere so why say Sanchez is doing something special?

#73 jetsown22, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Agree, Stafford is above average, borderline elite QB. But he's really enhanced by having Calvin Johnson, who proved once again how awesome he is. Really wish we had a Megatron/AJ Green type young WR to pair with Sanchez.

Be careful with that kind of stuff.

Look at the first two years with Brees.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5479/career;_ylt=AndxOQJLKlehDWbPBrilg37.uLYF

I'm not saying that is what Sanchez will develop into, but there are plenty of other examples of QB's who didn't start peaking until year 4. Yes Sanchez still makes some bad reads, and some bad throws. I still think he's getting better every year, while the team has gotten worse each year since he's been here.

15. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I still don't like Mark's body language when we're down. That's not what big time QB's do. Quit sulking like a little bitch. Go get in guys' faces and let them know you still have a chance to win. That being said, the Eagles game was not his fault. If someone told me Holmes and Hunter fixed that game,I'd believe them. Holmes was uncharacteristically awful. Unfortunately, that was Hunter's norm.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Ryan's career goes down in flames it will be because his defense was over-advertised and not good enough to live up to the hype.

Take a long look at the Jet's defense right now. It's been the part of the team that has come up small when it needed to be great.

17. Br4d

Stafford is doing fine. If he stays on the field he'll have a career to remember for the Lions fans. The only negative with him at this point is his results against Chicago and Green Bay. The two teams he really needs to beat have made him look smaller than he is otherwise.

18. Br4d

Tom Brady sulks like a petulant bitch when the Pats are getting blown out. He always has. It's just disguised by the fact that the Pats don't lose badly very often.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

At least you didn't try to fit that into another Fire Schotty rant.

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Brees also was coached by a Schottenheimer in SD, and once he leaves for NO, boom, look what happened.

Fuck the Schottenheimers and their whole lineage.