MSG HD on Verizon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Dec 14, 2011.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Off topic but huge announcement. Finally, starting Thursday, Verizon will carry all of the MSG stations in HD. F U Dolan, the only thing you had over Verizon is over. Your product is a piece of crap, Verizon rocks. Anyone that stayed with Cablevision because of MSG, its time to move over. You will not believe how much better it is

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizo...-channels-in-HD-arrive-on-FiOS-TV/ba-p/379481

We heard your pleas for the MSG channels in HD, and now we have good news to report.

I’m excited to tell you today that FiOS TV will add both MSG HD and MSG+ HD to the channel lineup in phases over the next couple of days, with some markets as soon as tomorrow. The channel numbers will vary depending on your location. Look for MSG HD on FiOS TV channel 577, 578 or 579, and MSG+ HD on 579, 580 or 581.

For those who don’t know, MSG Network is a sports and entertainment network that covers local basketball, hockey and soccer. The network is home to the New York Knicks, New York Rangers, Buffalo Sabres, New York Red Bulls, New Jersey Devils and New York Liberty of the WNBA.

We have been fighting hard to provide our customers in the greater New York area with the sports programming they deserve. This includes the HD feeds of both MSG and MSG+, two regional sports channels that until recently were owned by Cablevision.

Until now, MSG had refused to sell Verizon the HD formats of the network’s two regional sports channels. In September, the FCC ruled that MSG was out of bounds and a federal appeals court has now twice denied the network’s attempts at a stay of the decision. What does that mean? Good news for our New York area customers, who now get to watch their favorite teams in the incredible high-def picture that FiOS delivers.

So if you’re in the New York area, don’t miss all your favorite teams in HD. The Rangers are on MSG Thursday and the Islanders are on MSG+. And with the NBA’s labor issues now settled, we’ll have a full slate of Knicks in HD. We’ll continue to work hard on behalf of our customers to deliver the content that you deserve and have come to expect from your FiOS TV service.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Still not available in my area

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

still use an antenna.

4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

When Verizon gets news12 and MSGVarsity then it might be worth switching, until then, no thanks

5. Paddock

Paddock Member

Huge news, that'll make Thursday night's Rangers game a lot more enjoyable.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Happy you guys with VZ can now see MSG in HD; was never sure why the rule said you had to sell VZ MSG SD but not MSG HD.

However, cable companies didn't have access to NFL TICKET so I'm not sure why they should be forced to have to sell their content -- like MSG HD or SD -- to their competitors.

Should the NY Post or NY Daily News be forced to sell their sports columns to The Times ???

7. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Cable companies don't normally own teams and networks. Cablevision's behavior is exactly why the FCC used to not allow this, and it is about time Cablevision stopped being @$$hats about it.

8. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

News 12 and high school sports mean that much to you that you would pay more for worse service? FiOS has FiOS1 which, while maybe not as good as News 12, is pretty comparable.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Wow, I have to agree. Is this Jim Dolan Jr.?

10. Endlessly Counting

I've seen Fios service I don't think its better than Cablevision

As for high school sports meaning a lot to me, yes when you see your son playing on television it is a unique experience and a keepsake that I wish was available when I was in HS.

And News 12 is much more a part of the fabric of the community than FIOS 1

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

First world problems

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I can understand the excitement of seeing your son on TV, Wow, that's cool. Cablevision is not even close to Fios in all facets. From the HD quality to the remote and features. Fios allows you to view to record all your shows on ONE DVR and view those shows on any TV in your house. Not only that, you can schedule and delete shows from any TV and have only one DVR. That's just one feature. Believe what you want but the products are not even close. Anyway, I can finally watch local hockey and HD and that's my point. Been waiting 5 years for this, got it this morning, Boomer and Carton were on channel 578.

13. Endlessly Counting

I'm glad you got hockey in HD
    Thats the only way to watch it

14. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

Don't forget the great feature that makes your picture lag every time you change the channel...or when you change a channel in the guide and it sits on a back screen for about 5 seconds until finally loading.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

FIOS was way better than Dolanvision and/or TWC even before this just because of the NFL Network AND the NFL Redzone.

The line was 40 customers long at TWCs office when I brought their outdated junk back to them the day I got FIOS in July. Now with their claim of being the "only way to see ALL NY sports in HD" down the toilet, the line will be in triple digits every day of the week.

16. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I have been a happy fios user since 09 and I do not have these issues you speak of.

I have used every service possible at one point or another and fios has been by far the best. Best picture. Best devices. Best service ( they all suck at this but fios sucks the least). And the Internet service shits on cable.

17. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

awesome news!

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Honestly, I find myself watching MSG Varsity a lot.

For High School sports, they do a great job with the productions.