Shonn Greene has regressed alot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

it's a combination of both imo

our OL has little push and Greene imo is not the guy

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If we are going to put the ball up 30-40 times a game, you are right; SG is not the guy. He's most effective when we commit to the run all 4 quarters where he can wear down defenses late. He's a bit one dimensional in that way because he doesn't do much else.

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

imo SG and our OL is the reason we are passing more... If you have noticed most our passes our quick throws because they cant protect Sanchez and Greene has lost his form and imo is a #2 guy but LT is no longer a #1 so our run game is brutal...

When SG thrived he was a backup to TJ and thats all he is

4. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I can't believe everyone is so naive to think that we know better than Rex and the CS. Greene is loaded with explosion but our injured line coupled with the league watching film to see our schemes have gotten smart to us creating poor production.

If we can stiffen up our line a bit and let Sanchez at least create a little misdirection we will be fine and Greene will get going soon enough.

5. DanR

DanR Active Member

You see what happens when Greene gets proper blocking? you saw that John Conner block to set up the TD?

Ok then.

6. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I am getting sick of Shonn Greene.

He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs on the field! Really we need to do something about this position. LT is out next year and McKnight is nothing more than a change-up. We either draft a RB or go out in FA.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

The problem with Greene is that he is just OK. Nothing more.

It leaves the organization in a hard place because the position most definitely can be upgraded, but it doesnt have to be.

He will most likely never be a top RB, even top 10. He's a good ground and pound back, but will never break off a long run that could change games. He'll be good for 4 YPC his career.

If we want a RB that is more than just OK, we'll probably have to look towards FA, because Trent Richardson will not be there while we draft.

8. G3M1n180

G3M1n180 Member

Im also not happy with the way Greene is playing this year. I know about the Offensive issues and all of that has to be taken into consideration, but he just seems to have lost that intial burst. Greene has never been a burner but he was hitting the hole hard last year and the year before. This year I just dont see it. There has been big enough holes where an elite back like Forte or Foster would of broke for 60 yards touchdowns where Greene can just get 17 yards. I just wish we had a back that could potentially break that long run. Thomas Jones was no burner but he did have long runs while he was here.

Hopefully Greene is just a little banged up from being the lead back and shows us something in the next few weeks because we really need his best stuff.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's a shame when a 10,000 year old LT is still the best back on the team, injured or not.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

And it just shows how much the position can be upgraded

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I like Greene as a rotational back ESP one for the 4th quarter when the opposing d is dead. The problem is he's not a feature back

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Kinda like this one player Who use to wear #28 for the Jets back a few years ago. That dude used to make the entire TGG sick.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think people set the bar way too high thinking they were getting 09-10 playoff greene for 16 games a year.

I love Greene and think hes good. Just not the guy who can be a workhorse and big playmaker. I do however think he turns into a different player come playoffs and weve seen it more than once.

I do think this board underrates him cause of expectations rising meteorically though.

its no coincidence as the OL has found itself that Greene's production has improved.

of course that goes for most RB's but I'd take Greene probably over half this leagues starters.

I'm anxious to see Bilal Powell get carries I've been a fan of his since he played at Louisville.

14. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Unless you fumble alot,theres only so much a RB can "regress". You can't run through holes that aren't there. I really think his "struggles" are overblown. He's had two good games in a row despite playing in obvious pain.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He's not as explosive right now because he is playing with bruised ribs. It's as simple as that.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

yessir -- he stinks --- those three touchdowns vs the Redskiins --- meaningless

get rid of the bum

17. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

He's injured. The only problem with Green is he is not durable. He runs hard and has the potential to be great but his body is not holding up....

18. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

How does a guy suck if his ypc is 4, and that includes a banged up Oline in the beginning of the year + rib injury?

How is Greene regressing? His last few weeks should have silenced that regressing crap. The guy gets positive yards, and is playing hurt. How is he like Brandon Jacobs then? Compare the stats...
    Greene has enough speed and size to make it to the second level of the defense and has last couple of games.

According to our football scientists our:
    Oline had regressed.
    Qb Sanchez has regressed.
    Rb Greene has regressed.
    F'in defense, coaching, special teams, hot dogs, and cheer leaders have REGRESSED!

Cmon man...
    I mean WTF is it with this team and the word regressed, maybe its the damn fans who regressed...???

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wow i thought this thread was gonna be about how shonn greene has been playing ALOT better.

would you trust him to catch a ball 3rd and 4, while sanchez is scrambling to extend the play?

dont think he has dropped a ball in the past 2 weeks.

doing very well in pass protection, and good average per yard as well.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No, but that doesn't mean the guy isn't a fine first/second down back.