Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Do You Think the Jets Make the Playoffs This Year?

It's obviously been a let down season so far. But let's be honest, the Jets have been in this situation before. The real issue (at least IMO) is the offense putting up points, which can be solved by better offensive line play and a pass play called beyond 6 yards (easier said then done of course).

We all undoubtedly have opinions of what has gone on the last few weeks but the fact is the path to the playoffs is certainly there and within reason on paper. It's really a matter of the Jets getting on track.

And believe me I understand let's win a game then talk about the playoffs mentality, but what do you think as of today.

Do you think they can pull it off?

Disclaimer: If you say no, that does not by any means make you any less of a fan.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!!

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I actually think they will because other teams will falter and the Jets will find a way to 9-7.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

this year's team is toast. between sixchez at qb, shotty at oc, and hunter at rt, we have no chance.

and, that's ignoring the lousy tackling and safety play on defense and the not-so-special teams breakdowns.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Im sure they'll be plenty of NO votes ... but 3 weeks from now when we're sitting at 8-5, and the Bengals and Titans are 7-6 just watch how fast everyone jumps back on the bandwagon.

Obviously, my vote is YES.

#4 truthbtold, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. TurkJetFan

they may be toast...I'm just not sure we know that yet. Sanchez has played poorly this year but there are a lot of factors that point directly to the oline and schotty.

For example, we have a top 5 running game the past 2 years. Suddenly we are bottom half. Sanchez is running for his life if he even has time to do that. This is the year Sanchez was supposed to take a step forward but unfortunately his oline and schotty's 6 yard slants, curls and out routes have hindered that.

I really do believe if the Jets offense can get on track against Buffalo we are in good shape.

Sure we will and frankly I don't blame anyone who feels that way. However, I've seen this a million times and we will know what the Jets are come Sunday. If they lose then stick a fork in em, but if they win they will likely go on a multiple game win streak.

Path to the playoffs is there for the taking despite the way this team has played.

6. HABU

HABU New Member

All they have to do is start winning....and keep winning

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

No, i dont

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I certainly hope we do, but I think we'll just barely miss out. Tanny will have a nice long offseason to think things over.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I understand the NYJ issues, but in looking at the other teams and their schedules, I think the Jets have a legit shot to grab the 6 seed and do so by going 4-2 down the stretch.

Seems to me, NE, PIT, BAL, HOU, and the West winner are locks. Anybody could win the West (I hope KC does the right thing and claims Kyle Orton).

For the 6th spot, I think we are looking at the Jets, Titans, Bengals, and the three AFC West teams that don't win the division. Of those six teams, there might only be one or two who finish with a winning record.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they either lose a tiebreaker or they are a 6th seed and go one and done.

11. TurkJetFan

if they get the 6th seed and get in sure they could go one and done...but i really think that will (if they make it) have a lot to do with the first round opponent....i wouldn't chalk them up a one and done just like that.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

We'd have a decent shot against the Texans if we can stop their run game. Same with the Raiders, the Jets seem to have Palmer's number.

#12 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Thing is stopping the Houston running attack would be a difficult task.
    I thought Houston was the 2nd best team in the league and then Matt Schaub went down to injury. If Leinart does not completely suck, I expect them to get a bye.

If the Jets don't make the playoffs, then I'd love to see the Bengals at the Raiders in the first round and I'd love to see Palmer suck in that game.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. With our terrible OC and our o-line letting our QB get killed, I don't see it happening.

15. steves850

steves850 Active Member

It mostly falls on the O-line performance. I think they'll make the playoffs and are very capable of making a deep run. (assuming everyone, Greene in particular stays healthy)

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The jets will make the playoffs we're gonna be 8-5 in a few weeks. We'll split between the eagles and giants and beat the dolphins to close the season.

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I really hate to be a downer, but I don't see how they make the playoffs.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I'll tell you how we make it, Schotty gets hospitalized due to choking on a turkey bone. Tom Moore takes over.

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That would be awesome. Except obviously I don't want to see it.

20. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Benglas tank

Bills tank

Jets go 10-6 and get in the playoffs :breakdance: