Rex caught cursing at fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Nov 14, 2011.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He got $50,000 for the finger.

Bud Adams got $250,000 for both fingers...

So something in between would do it for cursing...

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I am. Who cares? Does the average fan actually care about what a coach does? You're basically saying that those who potentially damage the image of the league even in the most insignificant ways should be punished more severaly than those who with one hit can ruin a players season, career, or life.

Is any fan going to be so offended by what Rex said that they will stop watching football? No, but the way things are conditions people to think cursing at fan is the worst crime that can be committed in the league.

What Belichick said, was worse than what Rex said inspite of the fact that he didn't say it to a fan, it was equally reported and could be equally as damaging to the league as what Rex said. Bunch of pansies run the NFL.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

The league wants to protect its image. Although the players affect the image, head coaches affect the image the most as they are the face of the franchise.

Rex was a public one to a fan with video proof...

The league has rules. He needs to follow them.

Just like the players need to follow the rules or they get fines...

Follow the simple rules (No cursing or middle fingers to fans) and you will be fine as a head coach/owner.

Stop attempting to do illegal hits on players and those players will be fine and not get fines.

It's really fucking simple...

Owners get the biggest fine, followed by the head coaches then the player...It's been like that with all sports...

#83 deathstar, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

First post... let me start by saying I am a lifelong Pat's fan who enjoys the rivalry between our two teams but the fine that is supposedly being dished out to Rex for this is absolutely, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I have observed in quite a while. He's an emotional guy... if the fans can dish it out, they can certainly take it back from the coach.

5. cobrien

cobrien Member

Sorry Comish, I was actually telling the Jet fan next to him to shut the fuck up...meaning the Pats fan is a fuck and I wanted him to shut up and was asking the Jet fan for his assistance.....no harm no foul

If I were Rex I would of jumped up in the stands and put a beat down on that little Uggz wearing Pats fan bitch