first time going to a game

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Jets_MTL, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Jets_MTL

Jets_MTL New Member

I’m going to see my first JETS game this weekend and I will be staying at the Meadowlands plaza hotel. The hotel does not offer a shuttle bus to the stadium and they suggested and I should take a cab.

Is it better to take a cab or parking pass (what lot will be better ) ? I’m from Canada and it’s my first time so I’m not to sure.

Any help will be great
    Thank you

#1 Jets_MTL, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. UKJetsfan1980

UKJetsfan1980 New Member

Hiya, I live in the UK and been following the jets for the last 20 years. I am coming over tomorrow to watch the Bills game.

Me and my mate want to get involved in the tailgate parties, what time sould be get there and is there anywhere else we should go to meet fellow jets fans??

Matt

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If you have a car and are willing to shell out $50 for a parking pass I'd recommend that. You can bring a small grill, beers, burgers, hotdogs.. and whatever else you desire into the parking lot. If you take a cab you can join in on one of the for-profit/charity tailgates that people have by the stadium. Those are bigger and more of a party atmosphere, so it's up to you. Might cost you $20 or so but it's worth it as things like beer, food, and atmosphere will be taken care of. A lot of bigger tailgate groups are accommodating and would likely take you in for a few hours if you're a fellow fan.

Lots open 4-5 hours before the game starts so I'd recommend a few hours before, depending on how long you want to be tailgating. As far as meeting fans, it's incredibly easy if you have a parking pass and are in the main lot. There will be Jets fans surrounding you, no matter where you turn.

Even if you park in one of the satellite lots and take a shuttle in you'll still be surrounded by fans, but I recommend being at the stadium for the true experience.

4. UKJetsfan1980

UKJetsfan1980 New Member

Thanks Rockefellla, I was on about in the city the days before the game?

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Jets play in East Rutherford, New Jersey which is mostly a shitty swamp. As far as hanging out with fans the day of (just tailgate) and the night before, there are some Jets bars in Manhattan you can go to. I'm not sure how Jets themed everything will be as NYC has a lot of things going on simultaneously, especially on a Saturday night. The Jets are not the focus of the city in that respect. You're better off just going out on the town and enjoying yourself. You'll get a healthy dose of the Jets at the game, just take the city and surrounding burbs for what it's worth instead of trying to shoehorn the Jets into it.

6. UKJetsfan1980

UKJetsfan1980 New Member

Cheers mate, I'm going to be living it large all week

7. cobrien

cobrien Member

Hi, I'm from Toronto and been to plenty games in the new stadium. Most hotels have arrangements with taxi services you can ask them. I usually use Eddie's Limo, 1-201-978-7776 is one of the driver's direct numbers, nice clean black suvs and only 10 bucks a head each way assuming the Plaza is close by (meadowlands area). They drop you off at a certain point outside the gate/parking lot to avoid the traffic and pick you up from same spot, just call when you are ready. Its same price as Sheraton shuttle but you can take your time after the game and don't have to rush back to catch shuttle. Have fun and Jet fans are very Canadian friendly!

Also getting parking pass from Canada is difficult through NFL ticket exchange you can only get them via will call which means yopu have to pick them up at the stadium 1hr before game start which is impossible if you don't have the pass to get in to the grounds with your car, stupid beyond belief! Leave the car at the hotel take a taxi, your call will love you for it, lot gets messy after the game, lots of glass, traffic etc.

#7 cobrien, Nov 21, 2011
  8. cobrien

cobrien Member

Tailgate Joe puts on a great spread and you can preorder tickets that include all the beer you can drink and of course all the food. I believe he is the official tailgate partner of this board (GangGreen) just google Tailgate Joe NY jets that should get you to his page there is info there on how you can get tickets. This of curse is just a suggestion if you are not planning to have your ow, I like this as less mess and no fuss just show up eat, drink and be Merry with a bunch of Jet fans, Now if we could just get a tv in Rovers Return for the Jets games, life would be complete : ) Could watch both and kill two birds with one stone LOL Have fun at the game If you do go to Tailgate Joe tell him Chris from Canada sent you Joe's a great guy!

#8 cobrien, Nov 21, 2011
  9. UKJetsfan1980

UKJetsfan1980 New Member

Thanks Chris, sounds good

10. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

best idea w/o the crazy extra cost are the tailgaters who are for profit @ $20 each person, can not beat it for what you get, plus you take the cab no harm no foul