Most respect for which Jet?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetglass, Jul 28, 2006.

?

Which current or recent Jet do you have the most respect for?

1. Curtis Martin

55 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. Wayne Chrebet

34 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Kevin Mawae

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Which current or recent Jet do oyu have the most respect for in terms of his accomplishments both on and off the field?

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Chrebet...in my mind he is the Brett Hart of football...the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be....

3. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i went with martin...hes never complained

even last season he only has good things to say about the jets. not to mention his accomplishments on and off the field

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I went with Martin. He's a class act, future hall of famer, never complained, willing to negotiate contracts to help the team. He's one of the most underated RBs for being 4th overall on the rushing yards chart.

5. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Chrebet definately

6. Mr.ThirdDown

Mr.ThirdDown New Member

Martin all the way. Chrebet is a definite close second, but you've got to give Martin a bump for his hall of fame career. Martin is one of the best ever at his position, and as much as I love Chrebet I can't say that about him.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They are all classy guys but for someone as great as Curtis has been to be as humble as he has been he gets my vote.

8. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Don't know if this counts as recent but Mo Lewis is my personal fave (Chrebet is up there too). Ok he lost a step and should have been put out to pasture a little earlier but he was a team leader and as far as I know always commited to NYJ as an organisation

9. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Curtis Martin plays through injuries that hardly any other player in football would even consider trying to work through. The perfect model of consistency and the perfect model of professionalism.

#9 kinghenry89, Jul 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2005
  10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

it's almost impossible to choose between Curtis and Wayne....

Wayne is the little guy who no one believed could do it, and he prevailed against all odds, he is a hero to many young children out there. He is the second best WR in jets history (my Opinion) he has the numbers, and the moxy Chrebet should have his number retired, and he has the respect of every Jets fan on the planet.

While Curtis is not your average RB he is the most consistent of any rb in th ehistory of the game, He is 4th on the all-time rushing list, he has played through injuries that he shouldn't be walking on much less playing professional football.... Curtis has done it all on the field and suffered amazing pain, and he has been the class act all the way, renegotiating contracts and be a leader for coming Rbs Curtis is the Man...

but with these two great athletes how can you choose who you have more respect for? it's nearly impossible for me to choose they are without a doubt my two most favorite Athletes ever not to mention Jets, they are of equal levels of respect in my book it's impossible for one to top the other...

But for the purpose of this poll i voted Chrebet in an attempt to "win one for the little guy"

#10 nyjetsrule, Jul 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  11. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

the only other player I can think of that has the class of Curtis Martin is The Bus. I am damn proud to have a player like Martin on my team. He is classy on and off the field and has set numerous records. It's going to be a sad day when he retires.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This is an impossible choice. I would have added Pennington to the vote. Martin, Chrebet and Pennigton all deserve serious respect for what they have laid on the line for the Jets. I think Vilma is close behind.

Tell ya what,,, while our franchise hasn't won the whole thing in forever, we've never lacked for players who deserve our respect.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Difference is, Chrebet isn't a whiny bitch like Hart.

14. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Wayne...hands down. Nobody did more with less that Chrebs did

15. Vilma4MVP

Vilma4MVP New Member

This is way too difficult of a decision between Chrebet and Martin. Chrebet brought hope to 5'10" white kids everywhere, while My Favorite Martin is the most invisible surefire Hall of Famer in the league. For argument's sake, Chrebet gets my vote for the ability to take the type of hits Meshawn could only take in his dreams, and still get back up every time.

16. wonderboy24

wonderboy24 Member

Curtis is great but how can you not say wayne. He was never supposed to make it and was great for years.

17. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Chrebet and Martin are both very inspirational but you have to go with Martin because of the life he led before football.

18. thebatsignal

thebatsignal New Member

I would vote for both Martin and Chrebet...

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Chrebet before Martin.....but not much before, I just love Chrebet's story.