No vertical game helping opposing defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I was baffled seeing the Jets go empty backfield 5-wide after 3 or 4 consecutive [successful] run plays...... Why not utilize play action? Stick with the run, or at least the threat of it.

2. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Which is why it makes me laugh when Shotty haters think Callahan is the answer, hell the guy can't even figure out a 3 man rush. One of the major steps back the team has taken this year is OL protection and blocking. Granted depth is an issue , but Andre Carter - seriously !!.

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

We hesitate to throw it deep because our QB is wildly inaccurate!

4. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Your kidding right? Teams are scared of him passing? If I'm Ryan I play only the run and cover zero on the back end.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Thank you. But its not so much inaccurate as clueless. His reads and decisions are rigid and usually bad. Sanchez throwing deep causes too many INTs. Throwing deep is a bigger risk for us than for most teams.

6. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I heard that the Wr's were getting zero separation. This team has no wrs.

Holmes is a good number one, no where near great. and Plax is a number 3 wr. There is no one on this offense that scares you.

We can't even go 4 wide because we don't have a 4th guy to line up there.

We are so thin on offense its pathetic. Can't even run a jumbo set because we don't have the tight ends to block.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We don't have the personnel for deep passes. Last year we had Braylon and he was a big reason we had more big plays in the passing game.

8. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

Maybe it is both the fauilt of Sanchez and Shott... and maybe also the O line. Against the Patriots there were too many times they got to him. Hard to throw deep when there is pressure. Also, Sanchez is so inconsistent with accuracy.

I do think these WRs are good deep and so they are not getting everything out of them. Maybe they should get a big arm.

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

That's my take as well. Play action keeps the D off balance and gives the QB time to throw (picture Tebow's second completion for the TD yesterday). Sanchez can deliver that ball.

We go 5 wide and we've declared to the D that we are throwing the ball, so they mount a rush, and outside rushes were killing Brick and Hunter last night. Since we refuse to take shots down the field, the D can sit on the short, underneath routes.

Why go 5 wide when we're running the ball well? I just don't get it.

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I was saying the same exat thing all last night. Why tell the Pats you're going to throw the ball? Especially near the goal-line.