Shonn Greene = major disapointment.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 14, 2011.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Should everyone who agrees with me also stop making threads?

2. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

OK, so Greene is not as good as TJ. ANd there are many RBs in the league he is not aas good as. He is not SPECIAL. OK. I get that. But he is a decent RB. A bust is someone is is not only less than decent but less than a decent role player. Greene is decent. JUST decent. But I would not say a bust.

With Sanchez being somewhere between the 16 and 20 best QB in the league it makes the need for the feature back to be that much better. One or the other needs to be upgraded. Not because they were busts but because neither can carry a team and you better have someone able to carry a team if you want to win it all. In a passing league it is better to have the special QB. SO I would say it is more important to upgrade Sanchez.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I disagree 100%... I think he's a victim of Schotty trying to outsmart the whole world. As a power back he can cause damage... he just sucks at catching passes. In a RBBC he has his place and can be really valuable.

Also it's hard to use RBs correctly when you're behind every single game.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

ideally, yes.

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Greene is not a bust. Feed him the ball 20-25 times a game, and you will see.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene is mediocre. He can get 60yds. He can also run for a 2.3 yd average most games. He has a tendancy to get hurt sometimes but not all the time.

He is not a bust, nor is is he a top 10 running back.

He is meh.

Why?

Because he has a dumb motherfucker designing plays that no one could produce under.

Fire fucking schotty right the fuck now.

Thanks.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Greene is an absolute liability in the passing game. He's an average pass blocker with below average hands.

He's a good RB but he's not a complete player.

8. AirGreen20

AirGreen20 New Member

Greene had 13 carries for 61 yards vs the pats... U gotta give him at least 20 carries.. That pass that he didnt catch goes both ways.. pass was a little high n hard for a rb, but still should have caught it

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'd like for us to make a play at Jonathan Stewart. His rookie contract should be up soon. The Panthers just recently signed DeAngelo Williams significant long-term deal so they may be willing to let Stewart go. He has the power that Rex likes so much about Greene. However, unlike Greene he is very comfortable in the passing game, has pretty good vision, agility and breakaway speed. Greene is too one-dimensional which limits the offense.

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Shonn Greene = Inactive.

11. grumpynyjetsfaninME

he would be better if he didnt run into mangolds ass every play. let him run it on the outside.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Are trying to say the current Oline is even close to as good as the one that blasted open holes for Thomas Jones?

:breakdance:

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I am saying that the Thomas Jones who played for the Jets 2 years ago would be more productive with this offensive line than Shonn Greene is.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think Thomas Jones would be averaging three yards a carry with this line right now. That's equally on where TJ is right now at the end of his career and where the line is right now with 2 JAGs and a right guard getting down to the end of his good play.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL....... The same Thomas Jones who's pretty much 3rd string in KC... AFTER Jamaal Charles gets hurt. C'mon dude...... Do you have a Hot tub time machine or something?

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

how dare you let facts get in the way of this stunning thought process!! the nerve...

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're still bent out of shape because we cut T.Jones? holeeee fuck.

he's really ripping it up in KC. :rolleyes: