Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. LiveFromThe718

LiveFromThe718 New Member

Yeah that's what I'm asking . The volume of posters and their (sometimes) arrogance has been almost alarming. I don't remember seeing anything like it (4 years?)either maybe others do.

2. jimmy spagnola

jimmy spagnola New Member

Yeah, lets talk football. Specifically, lets discuss scheming.

I am having a hard time understanding the dynamic of the Jets LB's. Why doesn't the Jets run the 46? You have the man-to-man coverage ability and the hard hitting Leonhard. I don't see your OLB's as anything too threatening, especially if you can run right down the middle and at Harris. He is good enough to stop the run but if you get a good enough FB (I believe McIntyre is), and potentially an OL on him then that is all the Jets offer in the middle. Of course, this depends which Bart Scott shows up; will he show up and shed the block? Who's going to keep the OL off of him, we all know your DL is suspect - not bad, but suspect.

So, put Leonhard up there in the box, maybe start to work with Maybin as a "safety" in the 46. If you can get a good hard hitter there it can really mess things up and if he's fast enough maybe he can get in the back field and wreck havoc. The whole reason I do not know how effective this would be is that I do not believe you have a DL that can hold their layer and allow the LB's to scrape. Can Pouha shut down the middle enough? I almost dare say you're better off with just 2 guys on the line, I do not know how much pressure you'll get from the DL (words I might regret).

So, seriously, how does this defensive scheme ya'll employ work?! Because, honestly, it doesn't. It is simply, in my opinion, the Revis and DB show. The DB's create timing issues, the timing issues create pressure on the QB, the pressure on the QB creates turnovers and 3-and-outs. I just think there is a better way to utilize what talent is there / not there.

PS: So, Bills fans are now on your site, if we win, do you guys say "oh, remember like the last 1000000 years, the Bledsoe guy, the Todd Collins/Billy Joe/Rob Johnson/Holcumb/Flutie/Hamdan fella's?" or if we lose will it be "ha, I told you so?" Seriously, how worried are you? I am half worried but mostly looking forward to a good game. Nothing better then watching your team and rising and falling with every snap.

#462 jimmy spagnola, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  3. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Good question.

If all you're going to do is pick random statistics that in isolation of context mean nothing, then this conversation is even more meaningless than I first thought.

4. Johnny English

Yeah, I think this is a relatively simple one. It isn't like facing the Pats where we're needing something special on D to stop Brady, or Baltimore where you're looking for the offence to find something new to get past their front seven. This is a classic example of everyone knowing how the Jets want to play this game, it all comes down to execution.

Jets need to turn up with the defence playing a controlled game, managing the basics, setting the edge against the run and ensuring that the secondary doesn't give up boneheaded penalties or compromising security for ballhwaking; and they need the offence ready to tear holes in the line for Greene and Conner to repeatedly smash them in the mouth so that Sanchez can have the time to pick the secondary apart.

No new wrinkles or clever looks on defence, no chess games and gadget plays on offence. Turn up to play New York Jets smash mouth football, take care of the basics and control the football, and we will win.

5. jimmy spagnola

jimmy spagnola New Member

The ball control game the Jets need to play seems too susceptible to a long break out play by FJ. It could start momentum in the Bills favor that only a big INT would take away.

Now, playing this smash mouth football you speak of, well, I am not sure it's going to be that easy against the Buffalo D. Because after, or if, Sanchize gets the time to pick apart the Bills DB's I see a few INT's. Wilson and Byrd just get them, it's amazing without QB pressure.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I must have missed something in your reasoning. How the hell is the jets ball control offense, susceptible to a long break out play by your runningback? what the hell are you talking about?

Counting on a gigantic run by your back is probably not a really good idea. Sure it will happen every once in a while (see the 80 yarder last week against the Giants), but counting on it is probably a bad idea. Everyone on the jets D is going to sell out to stop him, save Revis who will be taking Johnson away.

As for momentum of a big play only being changed by a big INT, same could be argued either way. Hell Joe Mcknight could take the opening kickoff back 105 yards, giving us all the momentum in the world to start the game. Yes we have heard about the ball hawking opportunistic safeties. Sanchez has 1 TO in the last 3 games, after having 9 in his first 5 weeks. So I could see him playing a TO free game. Course, he is also capable of throwing 5 INT's against the Bills as seen in 09.

7. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

The Jets are going to stack the box and force Fitzpatrick to beat Revis, Cromartie, and Wilson.

8. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Basically

9. Johnny English

Burress is listed as questionable for Sunday. Apologies if this information has already been posted, it must have got lost in the massive rivers of shit spewing from these tedious fuckwits from Buffalo.

10. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

burress hurt himself against san deigo when he put the team on his back lol

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

[​IMG]

12. bizell

bizell New Member

are you dumb or just being purposely obtuse? the person in the post before was stating how bad the bills rush defense was. In the context of that conversation, I pointed out how the Bills actually allowed less yardage per game than the mighty Jets' defense. And way to go about totally skipping my point about the Bills offense putting up more points than the Chargers.

#472 bizell, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

LMA0! How did you find that ?

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

itz amazing wut a nigga can do when he is literate and shitz

15. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

we need to establish the run early in this game

we have 1117 yards against the bills rushing the last 4 times we played them

16. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

what is you are tryin to say there buddy?

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

u sloppy fatz maaaaaaan

/real talk

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. MeanGreenfightingmachine

20. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Fitz has had 2 bad games... you can guess which 2...