What's with all the disrespect the Jets get

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I can't belive no one else jumped on this one, but...

No, no we really do not care what you think of our team.

:grin:

2. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

LOL

There's no way we lose to the Jills.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

To All The Non Believers... Especially You Tom Jackson...Way To Have Our Back Mike Golic

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i really dont care what they think. we need a few more convincing wins before the "experts" picks us to win games.

5. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

jets gonna steam roll the bills 34-13. they'll expose them. i think the bills are good, but the jets are about to hit their stride. I see a Titan type victory when we beat them at 10-0 with favre.

6. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

We deserve people's skepticism. We haven't lived up to expectations, or own own boastful talk. This is the perfect time to go on a roll and start playing like the team we know we are. Then, I'm sure, the bandwagon followers will start making the Jets a fashionable pick again.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Jets are the villains of the NFL.

Get used to it.

8. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

cool story bro
    (Hey, its Friday...or in your case...Cryday!)

9. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

I don't know if it's an accomplishment but it's still pretty awesome to get there. Only 4 teams in the entire league make it that far. To make it that far in back to back years is pretty impressive.

Did it suck to watch them lose two straight years? Absolutely. But would I rather have that than another 5-11/6-10 season? Absolutely. I'd take 5 straight AFC Championship Game losses over another half decade similar to the mid 90s in a heart beat.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Blue, I am mostly in agreement with this post. It is absolutely correct as far as the Jets' record and quality of opponents is concerned.

Nonetheless I am very optimistic (a rare occurence for me) about the Bills game. Why?

While there is much wisdom in Parcells's principle that you are what your record says you are, there is another level of analysis. And that is the way the Jets have been playing lately to me shows they have become a better team than they were going into the Pats game.

Although the Jets lost the Pats game, and did not look all that impressive beating Miami, I also think since the Ravens game the Jets have been on an upward trend:

Mangold came back, and from reports is now after the bye week at full strength. This is HUGE.

Sanchez has thrown only one INT in this stretch, after being a turnover machine in the first four games. No fumbles, either.

Burress has started to really contribute. His confidence has to be totally there after the last game. Opponents know they have to pay attention to him. This will loosen things up for the other receivers.

The OL and the running game. I still think Moore is shaky, but the rest of the OL is definitely playing better as Mangold first returned and then his health improved. Moore will benefit from a full strength Mangold as well. This has in turn helped Greene, particularly up the gut. Tomlinson is healthy, albeit a day older every day, but we have every reason to expect the running game to pay dividends.

Leonhard and Smith. These two looked very shaky early on, but the SD game was the best yet for both.

Kyle Wilson. Right now, my candidate for most improved player since last year. This is an awesome development for the Jets. Lets's hope he continues to improve.

Maybin. Still learning run D, but he addresses a need that has been mostly unfilled for years now.

DL. DeVito is back, right? All contributors in the DL rotation should contribute.

Special Teams. Early season miscues are now a memory. This part of the team is solid and makes a difference.

CS and Intangibles. Ryan took hits during the losing streak, and the Schotty Haters were drowning everybody else out. This week? Not so much. Rex has his swagger back, and from all indications the team believes.

None of this means that Buffalo is not a good team. But right now, at this point of the season, I think we can look at the trends on the Jets and ignore the fact they are one game behind the Bills in the standings.

If Sanchez plays with no or at least no back breaking turnovers, and the D can stop Buffalo's running game, I think this ends up being a relatively easy win for the Jets.

11. milo

milo Well-Known Member

IMO we need to win both of the next two games, and one of the two fairly convincingly, to silence the critics.

The Pats game is probably going to be a squeaker win, so this game needs to be dominant, and more important, dominant EARLY. Four 3-and-outs off the bat is not going to get it done this time around.

The longer we take to wake up the longer Fred Jackson stays a factor, and I'm far more worried about stopping him than I am Harvard.

Do that and we'll be the bandwagon favorite again, especially with the Patsies starting to look mortal.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

^^
    This! Thats why I love teams not picking us. Like said before I get worried when they do choose us to win. We need an edge or some trash talk to stay focused

13. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Golic changed his pick to the Bills this morning on Mike and Mike.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I am with you, I think we win this game as well and by double digits. But I am also a fan that is emotionally invested in the outcome so when realistic I am going to believe that the positive elements of the Jets success is the true indicator of their ability and not a fluke, and thus likely to carry forward to this game. Under Mangini or Herm that wasn't always the case but under Rex it is realistic.

But that doesn't mean that someone that doesn't have an emotional stake in believing and wanting the Jets to win is disrespecting the Jets if they think the Bills are likely to win the game.

15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

the more the bills get picked , the better it is for the jets. i hope every headache analyst on t.v. picks the bills. it's not going to be easy, winning on the road in the nfl never has been, but the the jets are going to pull this one off and go on a run.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I just wish that we had let Schotty go during the bye. But, Tom Moore is more than capable enough of babysitting Brian's dumb ass.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Mike Golic is such a bitch.

18. BuffBillsFan28

BuffBillsFan28 New Member

One word: Schottenheimer (sp?)

That's all that needs to be said about why the Jets are lacking respect. Is there a worse play caller in the NFL today?

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Rivers during the two minute drill.

20. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Banned

Kyle Shanahan