2011 Week 4 New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 25, 2011.

1. flynismo

flynismo New Member

My main concern is how our OL holds up. If the NYJ can keep bringing the heat without a heavy rush, we'll have a long day against you.

For the Ravens, I think Ed Dickson will be the guy to watch for us.

2. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

What? Last year you lost consecutive games once and in 2009 the Jets under RR lost 3 games in a row 2 separate times. The Oakland-Baltimore-NE stretch is likely to be another 3 game skid.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Did I mention year that all of the other teams are fags except the NY Jets? Because they are.

4. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

Jets will kill the old decaying ravens just watch.

5. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I agree with you that it's going to be a tough game and low scoring. I think we're in for a tough one at OAK. That is one improved team. This is a huge game for both of us. The week after should be epic.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

both Dickson and Pitta are young up and comers. If I'm the Ravens I go double TE and attack the middle cause the Jets only hope is to run blitz the hell out of Ray Rice.

if they had a problem with Run DMC then they should be having nightmares about Rice.

I think Ngata or Suggs CRUSHES Sanchez, at least once he will take a hit that has Jets fans worried.

Not much else to say, the OL is going to have to revert to 09'/10' form unless they plan on letting Sanchez air it out.

Sanchez simply cant afford turnovers this game, i dont care what apologists say this has to be a mistake free game on his part.

and hopefully Holmes doesnt go MIA in the second half like last week.

Ray Lewis kept commenting on how he notices the offense is alot more pass oriented this year and how the RB's touch the ball just as much catching passes as they do getting carries.

they will be gearing up to stop the bootlegs and play action, guarantee it.

as dumb as it sounds we cant abandon the run this game unless were playing catch up.

Just like with our D, the Ravens are susceptible to allowing big chunks on the ground when they run the overload unbalanced fronts.

thats just the weakness that comes with the varied front philosophy.

the true question is can our OL/front 7 perform consistently enough that were not in a huge hole come the 2nd half?

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If your line holds up, which the Jets line didn't, Brady will torch their secondary.

They can be outsmarted on defense, but the Jets offense can't outsmart anyone.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Our human being are superior to their human beings.

9. Calikid

Calikid New Member

Their D line scares me. I've also been a big McFadden fan since he came into the league. He's finally healthy and has to be considered one of the best backs in the league.

10. ThreeChins

ThreeChins New Member

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Inspiring analysis.

12. ThreeChins

ThreeChins New Member

Only glaring stat that stuck out to me

13. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Doing my best to not feed the troll...

Small sample size and 2 of 3 against run happy teams in a pass happy league.

Fuck.

14. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I don't get why fans think if they shrugg of and excuse shit it doesn't make it real. Second to last in run D, and we're going up against Ray Rice and a pretty good Baltimore offensive line. Other than Scott, our LB's haven't been playing very inspired (and I'm on David Harris's dick (no homo) and he's disappointing the shit out of me this year).

Can the Jets win? Of course. "Any given Sunday." But this match up is not looking too good right now.

15. flynismo

flynismo New Member

I dont understand that perception. Flacco has maybe two bad games a year. He plays consistently well, with occasional huge games. And this year, he has really stepped it up a notch.

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Different day....different Jets. The oline concerns me a lot. I expect the D to bounce back and play tough, but the oline is a big ???

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Questioning the defense is fair. The only really good game they have had so far is Jacksonville. Against a crappy QB with average WRs, no TE, and MJD trying to be the whole show. I was suprised last week that Rex had no answers to stop the Raiders.

18. flynismo

flynismo New Member

What's up with Wilkerson? Will he be playing much? Half the Ravens forum wanted us to draft him...just wondering how he is panning out

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Wilkerson has done a pretty good job so far. I really like him.

20. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually, it's dead on, especially since Ryan likes to pound the rock which the Jets haven't exactly been proficient at this season either, being around #25.

Nobody is going to mistake Mark Sanchez for Tom Brady, so the Jets need to run and stop the run. Right now, they aren't, and they get Ray Rice on Sunday evening.