Revis Was Totally Wired on Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Calvin, Sep 13, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/revis-on-being-miked-its-x-rated/

Darrelle Revis on being miked: “It’s X-rated”
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT

APOn tonight’s debut episode of NFL Turning Point (VERSUS, 10:00 p.m. ET), a joint venture of NFL Films and NBC Sports, clips from Sunday night’s Cowboys-Jets game will be shown, including portions with New York cornerback Darrelle Revis wearing a microphone.

Revis battled Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant all night, with Bryant winning some battles — but Revis ultimately winning the war with a late interception that set the stage for the game-winning field goal.

“Pretty cool,” Revis said Wednesday, per the Associated Press. “I’ll tell you, though, there was some crazy stuff on that mic, man. It’s the heat of the battle. He said words to me, and I’m saying words back to Dez.”

So what was said?

“It’s X-rated,” Revis said. “There was a lot of stuff going on, a lot of back and forth.”

(Maybe R-rated would be a better description. Not that there’s anything wrong with an X-rated discussion between two consenting adults of the same gender.)

“That’s real life,” Revis said. “Whatever was said on there, that’s what it was. It’s in the heat of the moment, the heat of battle. That’s what it was.”

The “what it was” that didn’t land on the cutting room floor will be included in the show. Tune in at 10:00 p.m. ET to find out “what it was” that made it.

2. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i thought the best part was on the bench after the one catch bryant made over Revis. Revis said " i thought he was going to be out of bounds, i got him, i got him"

3. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I cant wait for this tonite. I was hoping for more during Sound FX now hopefully we can here the back and forth between him and DEZ. Also winning some battles? I thought Dez only had that one catch on Revis. Other than that he was completely shut down.

4. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Hopefully they let us hear more tonight because sound FX kinda sucked. It def wasnt X-rated as Revis made it out to be lol What sound FX played was G rated.

5. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

just found this thread and turned it on right as they were ending the jets segment. Looks like they will be replaying it right afterward tho. Will report when it ends

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Great piece on Sunday night's game. Bryant was not hurt. Revis was in his head

7. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Turning Point on Versus right now with more Revis wired. It's great. He's laughing in Dez's face.

8. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Fantastic so far.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I noticed it was on Versus and caught it. Awesome.
    If you have a chance to watch it on demand or it comes on again, do. Revis is all sorts of crazy. It's great to see. Him and Bryant actually give each other a lot of respect on the play when Romo fumbled.
    Hearing Wischusen's play calls was pretty good, too.

10. Paraphoe

Paraphoe New Member

Can anyone get a download of this up for us?

11. 624

624 Banned

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

It's on right now (Versus).

13. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The one on Versus was great.

I loved when Revis was just laughing at Dez when Dez was getting all cranky. lol

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It was more than cranky - he was getting outright upset and losing his composure. That was so damn awesome to watch.

To me there's no better way to "trash talk" someone in football than to beat the sh*t out of them and act like it's nothing - to the point that when they retaliate by slapping his head, pushing him, and trying to puff his chest out with words and yelling, all he does is loudly laugh at the antics and walk away.

The best part is that it was so clearly intentional - the laughter - and it worked so well. We all know he's awesome and the best CB in the league, but how good must Revis be that he can jam the sh*t out of one of the most physical WR in the league, totally dominate physically during the play, and then go out of his way to make sure the guy knew he was laughing at him? He's got an entire game left to cover the uber-talented Bryant who has shown the ability to go into beast mode on a moment's notice, but he's so sure of how good he is that he's literally laughing at the effort and response that Dez was putting forth.

Just awesome to see.

16. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

anyone find it online anywhere?

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I just watched the highlights on Inside the NFL - they showed a bunch of clips of Revis vs. Dez. Hilarious to listen to Revis giggling at Dez while he's trying to get open - Dez was pissed!

:rofl: