J-Mac

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JMillertime34, Jul 28, 2006.

1. JMillertime34

JMillertime34 New Member

Just heard J-Mac was put on list NOT because of injury but because he failed the required conditioning test that every player had to take in order to start camp

2. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I heard that as well, but I saw Mac running around, catching with an ball boy at the other field this morning, and he didn't look all that great. I mentioned in my TC report that he really didn't go full speed at all, so I do think it's from that lingering injury, but that's just me.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Cotchery for #2 wide reciever.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

How can an NFL receiver fail a conditioning test? It must be cuz of the injury he wasn't able to stay in shape this past month.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Mike Tannenbaum just confirmed on M&MD that McCareins is on the PUP list because he's not in shape. He is NOT injured. He was just too damn lazy to get in shape this offseason.

6. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Cotchery Deserves a Schott

Time for a breakout season Jerricho

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hes a slob and a shitty underachieving piece of shit

8. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Damn your lazy ass McCareins.

9. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

its bad news if thats true, because that lives us with Coles at #1, Cotchery at #2 (which he may be not ready for yet) and then who at #3? Dwight? Brad Smith? Yikes.

10. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

That sure looks better than with McCareins on that list.

I began to really hate this guy last season. Admittingly, I was pleased with trading a second rounder for him at first, but this guy has done nothing to show that he is deserving. Sure last season was a lost cause, but his lack of effort on some plays was just disgusting. There have been plays where he could've had a chance if he ran out his route or dove for the ball, instead he just jogged along and gave up on plays. Not only that, he drops passes consistently and hasn't shown a hint of that "explosive" speed he had back in Tennessee. Now he shows up to camp out of shape, especially knowing he had alot to prove? I had enough of him.

11. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I honestly wonder how much of this thing with J-Mac is either an attempt to light a fire under his ass or Mangini scraping the barrell for an example that there are consequences to failing to achieve elite performance. I just can't believe McCareins would be that far out of shape to fail a training run. While there are probably different standards for different positions, it seems very unlikely that a WR would ever fail a conditioning test.

This may be Mangini playing the mind games that Parcells for sure, and Belicheck to an extent, have mastered.

12. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Yes, I think you are right. While JMac is probably not at 100% (and apparently this was noticed by MisterMoss), maybe he's not that far from being in decent shape, and being used as an example as much because of his uninspiring work last season and Mangini's need to strike a strong note than because he completely bagged training in the off-season. I am not a fan of his, but McCareins shouldn't be written off for the season after one non-day in camp. See how (if?) he bounces back, then judge.