Tannenbaum on WFAN after the break

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cakes, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Didn't see a thread on this.

If there is one, then a mod can merge it.

2. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

He's on right now.

3. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Thanks, listening to it now.

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Aghhh. I'm missing out like always.

5. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Welllllllll........

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Practice next Saturday at The Meadowlands.

7. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You guys can listen in at wfan.com

8. jetsaholic1094

Recap interview with Tannenbaum:

On Training Camp: They're running a Parcells sort of camp. They'll also be practicing at the meadowlands, and the fans are welcome. Mangini wants coaches and players comfortable and accustomed with playing in the stadium.

On the Coaching Staff: They're adaptable and great teachers. Premium on intelligence...alot of teaching going on.

On 2-a-days: There is a big break between the morning and night practices to get players proper hydration, recovery time, IVs, and 2 meals. This method should make them better conditioned for the upcoming season. Apparently, this is the trend among coaches these days.

On McCareins PUP list: He's on there because of lack of conditioning. He's currently in the doghouse. Coaching staff not happy with him, apparently.

On Martin PUP list: Just giving him more time to rehab from injury. No problem with him...just playing it safe, making sure he doesn't get hurt.

On Pennington: He's a tireless worker. He even did non-traditional rehab during the offseason, he's doing everything he can getting back into playing shape.

On Ramsey: His contract extension protects him for the future...helps in the planning process.

On 3-4, 4-3, multiple fronts, and how will players make transition (Drob, Vilma): Sutton has been here for awhile and knows players strength and weaknesses. Will make a system fitted for the players. Eric and Sutton working together for a multiple front defense. Diversity in scheme provides protection for injuries...if key players go down, can switch to a different style to maximize players' strengths.

On the Secondary: There's much better depth at CB. Strait had an excellent offseason, but inconsistent last year. Ray Mickens has to earn his spot. Eric Smith provides depth at safety. Washington will battle it out with Maddox.

On loss of Abraham: Will compensate his loss with creative defensive schemes. Bryan Thomas improving. Hobson, Chatham are versatile in pass rush. Emphasizes versatility at the LB position.

On WRs: Down on McCareins. Cotchery has an excellent offseason, award winner of strength and conditioning. Dwight is dangerous player, accomplished vet. Brad Smith is drafted as a WR, but wears QB number. Dwight is somewhat mentoring him.

On 4 way competition at QB: It's a positive. Can't have too many QBs. Depth is a positive especially experiencing THAT last year. The starter will be the best performer...even if it's Clemens.

On Building a staff: It's much harder than it used to be. He likes the blend of older, experienced coaches with younger coaches.

On Clemens: He has a natural leader aura. Tireless worker. Cerebral QB, very tough.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Thanks holic. I understand about Martin.

And wow about McCareins. This guy seems to be on his last legs. But I'm onboard. Guys like him and Baker I want outta here if they don't put up.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I liked how Tannenbaum thought Drew and Preston Pearson were brothers.

11. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

what about Coleman and Rhodes? it said washington and maddox

12. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Good interview. I liked what I heard about the Giants Stadium practice.

Yesterday they said Mangini would be on today, but they haven't said anything about it today.

13. jetsaholic1094

He didn't really mention them. It wasn't an in-depth evalution of the secondary...more like overall thoughts on the area. No news is good news, I guess. That probably means they're still starters.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, it's pretty bad that McCareins came into camp sloppy considering the new coaching staff. I could see him cut or traded in August unless he straightens himself out.

15. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Nice recap Aholic.

16. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Ditto. Much appreciated (and sorry about confusing you with Jetophile a couple months ago.)

17. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I'm shocked to hear that McCareins is out of shape... he knew that after 2 bad seasons that he was on a short leash and I'm shocked he's stupid enough to not get his ass in shape. Let's hope we can deal him for a conditional pick (maybe a 5th if he catches 40 passes, 6th if he doesn't) and then start Cotchery.

18. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

What a mixup. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. Phyr

Phyr Member

Tanny was discussing the depth at saftey. Washington and Maddox are competing for that finally safety spot.

20. GreenMachine

WHHAAAAAT!!!!