Training Camp

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hey Guys,

Here's a link to the Training Camp Schedule in Florham Park:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html

Looks like TC is open tomorrow at 2:15. Before Cortland, I used to travel from Central Jersey out to Hofstra to watch (a real PITA), but now I'm like 30 minutes away.

I'm thinking about going up there this week. Anyone else going to attend? It's a real blast.

2. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

I'd like to go, but I live in Astoria and I don't have a car. Is the facility accessible by public transportation? Or does anybody know of a carpooling thread where maybe I could bum a ride?

3. Section 227. Row 5

I don't think there's any public transportation to the TC Facility. Maybe you can generate your own Carpooling Thread right here though. If enough of you guys from NY get together, you could make it happen.

I think I'd get a kick out of watching Sanchez throwing some balls to Plexiglass.

4. I will be heading up next week for Monday and tuesday practices. As I have never attended camp in Florham park...can anyone from the area reccomend a good hotel within short driving distance?

Looking for something between 120-150/night as close to camp as possible. Thanks

5. Section 227. Row 5

Hey Kurt, how are you man?

I'm sorry, but I can't recommend any place for you right now as I am about 40 minutes south of Florham Park. But I'm sure if you google the area you'll find something, and maybe a lot cheaper than 120-150.

6. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

May need a schedule of which players are in camp on what days with this year's screwed up TC rules. Many players will not report until Thursday at the earliest.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah... I'm just happy it's in Florham Park finally instead of Cortland, NY. At least we get one summer of TC fun without travelling our asses off.

8. Gatorfan4114

Gatorfan4114 New Member

I'm thinking about heading there Thursday but they won't update their schedule. Anybody know if there is practice and if its open to the public?

9. Section 227. Row 5

I'd check that link again (post #1) tonight or tomorrow. I can't see why they'd not want to have as many practices as possible, based upon the new cockamamie time constraints and restrictions now. They need to get in all the field time the new agreement will allow.

Plax is supposed to be able to take the field on Thursday, Aug 4, no? I'd like to see how rusty he is.

10. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Weds 2:15 again ...walkthroughs and garbage. Heard it was insanely packed today ...i would wait until next week sometime once the players are in there and it dies down.

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I was at today's practice and a guy that worked for the Jets said that Thursday's practice was not going to be an open practice. He also said that Wednesday and Friday's practice will be open though.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

How was practice?

I work down the street from the facility, may try to get up there on a break.

Is it possible to get parked-watched a little practice-and leave in like an hour, considering the crowds?

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Yes it would be possible to head over there and get an hour in. Come after the gates open which is at 2:15pm so that you aren't wasting time standing in line. The practice is standing room only but it's not too hard to find a good spot to view the field from.

As far as parking goes the lots aren't too far from the building so factor in about a 5-7 min walk from the far parking lot and as long as you leave before 4pm you shouldn't hit too much traffic leaving. I left after 5pm but hit rush hour traffic which wasn't fun.

The pads will be on next week so you might want to wait till then. Good luck with everything!

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I went Friday. It was real good. Plenty of parking, 5 minute walk and they do have a shuttle base to take you back.. No place to sit, just mesh fences around the area covering the 3 fields. Bring a cooler and chair if you wish. If not, bring a plastic bottle of water and they let you fill it up with water for free. Most of the work is in the middle field with some in the far field. You have walk through the Jet shop to get to the fields. smart huh. I thougt the prices were ok, 20 for nice T-shirts. I saw some kick off returns, QB's working with WR's & Te's inside the 20 and then inside the 10 running routes and then just OL and DL with runners smashing each other. I was with my 11 year old so I stayed until 3:45, got there 45 min. early because I had no idea what the deal was. If you go during the week, and want to see scrimmage and get autographs, and the practice is at 2:15, show up about 3pm and catch the next 90 minutes. They did a nice job setting the parking and facilities up for the fans, nothing fancy, just organized. I have no reports on any players, tough to tell you know. Just seems organized and no fooling around. And Rex, he just stands in the background observing, talks to a player once in awhile but for the most part, he just lets them coach.

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Sounds great!! Thanks for the update!! I would like to go sunday but It may rain so I am going to wait it out only a 20 minute drive for me. Also do they sign things after practice before during?? Any autographs?

it seems like you said you can bring chairs to sit around the fense so that seems great too!!

Thank you for your help so I know what to expect!!

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Had a great time today! I would recomend if you want autographs I would come at the end of practice around 5 and go to the far right of the field.

It was hot long day but was very happy leaving with my mangold jersey signed and got sanchez to sign a footbal!!

All and all great day!! Burress looked good as well!

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

How did Plax look?

18. JerrichoTpke

JerrichoTpke New Member

I'm planning on going Saturday and fully expect it to be insanely crowded but I can't make any weekday practices other than Hofstra.

Someone mentioned having to wait in a line in your car until 215, is that true? I see everything else opens up at 1, I was looking to get there early.

Any other tips? Never been to Florham Park.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

They have games and stuff for kids which open up at 1pm. People normally get there for the 1pm opening and wait in line for the practice field gates to open up which is around 2pm. I have only been to the 2 weekday sessions which haven't been too bad but I heard last weekend's session had over 4,000 people attend.

20. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

Went last sunday. It was crowded and pretty hot out. No issue with parking (got there around 2:30)

#20 bhav2k1, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011