Aso is worse than Antoine Winfield and John Lynch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 30, 2011.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

You just reminded me.....

I wonder what Raiderjoe thinks of all of this. He's probably clapping about Aso not going to the Jets as he prepares his Stanford Routt measurement hypefest post that's forthcoming.

2. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

So how exactly is Philly better poised to win a SB than the Jets?

Seriously.

3. Devilspawn

Devilspawn New Member

OMG is there a raidejoe in here too? Fuck.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Your whiny, woe is me, SOJ obsessed sad sack, entitled persona grates on me. As well as the knowledge that if the Jets ever won a SB you would instantly turn into the arrogant douche bag fan that every other teams fanbase hates.

5. Great post.

..And please don't mistake my original post as holding any grudges. When I say it's personal, I'm talking about solely on the football field. Certainly Aso is a great player and again, is entitled to go where ever he chooses to. But people need to realize he did lead us on and said no for the worst possible reason: He doesn't think the Jets can win it all. From a football and fan perspective, that's insulting. I guarantee Rex feels the same way.

6. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I can't knock him for taking his time to decide. Three days for a decision that will last 5 years seems more then fair IMO.

However I am sour over the fact that the Jets waited three days for him to make up his mind. We let some key FA's get away and now we will be fighting to keep Cro on the team.

7. Devilspawn

Devilspawn New Member

Nah, I didn't see it that way at all. I know how fans are feeling now. I was listening to WFAN nonstop for the last couple days, and this was the ultimate tease. A lot of it was media hype and especially those premature twit tweets, but how could you not drool over the possibilities. I'd be pissed as well. I am gonna miss debating the the Aso/Revis comparisons. One of the few bright spots I've had since 2002.

8. Yes I am whiny, yes I am emotional and the Jets ARE my # 1 hobby outside of my wife,family and friends. So yes to some degree I am obsessive. I'm an emotional sports fan. That is never going to change.

You are opinionated,arrogant and can often be very cold. But you're still a fellow Jets fan. A very knowledgeable one at that. We do have one thing in common: We both love the Jets enough to spend a offseason Saturday morning on a Jets message board.

Can we please just accept our differences and move on from this silly pissing match? You don't have to agree with me or like me. But I'd really prefer to not have you constantly referring to me as a mental case that belongs in a padded cell. I'm here to talk football just like you are.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

There is an aso whiners thread in the tt forum. Kindly bring all the whining there so everyone else can say what we are actually thinking.

#29 ukilledkenny, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  10. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

What goes around, comes around.......

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

My name is Miamipuck and I approve of this message.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Manish tweeted about 3 or 4 times that Aso wanted to win a superbowl. It was cryptic, yet in retrospect it makes sense. Sanchez and LOL ROMO were subpar QBs last year. Out of those three, Philly does seem like it gives him the best chance.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Everyone thought we were a bit nuts to pay revis as much as we were paying him at the CB position - to have 2 corners on that sort of coin would be nuts, we still have kyle wilson on 1st round draft pick money - and this is the year he can start to earn it

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Eagles vs Jets for the Super Bowl. 30 Second left, Jets up by 4. Vick makes a rocket pass to Deasean Jackson who's got open field for the GW TD and out of nowhere comes REX! Smashes Jackson into the side lines and forces the fumble which is recovered by the Jets for the Win!

15. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I will admit that this team seems to do better when they have a chip on their shoulder and aren't expected to do something. Not sure how they would have reacted to being heavy SuperBowl favorites. I know Rex talked about embracing high expectations..but even after back-to-back AFCCG's, this team is still not expected to win it all.

16. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I understand the desire to feel angry, but it is what it is. What it comes down to is that Aso had about 72 hours to make the biggest decision of his life. We don't know what went on behind the scenes; it's possible he was strongly considering us until the end, when he finally decided he liked the Eagles offer just a little bit more. It's somewhat understandable for him to think the Eagles are closer to a Super Bowl than the Jets; though none of us would agree with that, it's true they have a lot of talent and don't play in the same division as the Pats. But this was definitely not worse than Winfield, who committed to play here; Aso just took an annoyingly long time to decide and in the end felt it wasn't the best fit for him, for whatever reason.

17. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

What an embrassing OP.