Sanchez considered not good enough by rest of the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, May 9, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sanchez has led his team to the AFC championship in his first 2 seasons.

I'm pretty sure he deserves some degree of respect both in and outside of the league.

3. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

had me fooled.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

In 6 playoff games (all on the road)

95-157, 60.5%, 1155 yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating

Plus: 3 4th quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives last season alone and 2 4th quarter comebacks resulting in 2 game winning drives in the playoffs.

I'll just repost this under your horrible post, just because YOU think he's done nothing to earn respect.
    Dude, either you're trolling pretty hardcore with these two posts or you don't understand this game at all. If you think Sanchez had nothing to do with winning any of the Jets' playoff games then you know nothing of this sport. Stick to fantasy football, where you can draft guys like Tony Romo and Matt Schaub or any other QB who will rack you up 30 something points. Hell, even Philip Rivers is a great QB who hasn't won a playoff game for 3 or 4 seasons now. Great team, though, no? I know getting to the playoffs and winning playoff games are so easy for QBs with "talented" teams. Ask them about it.
    BTW, is every game meaningful or just one? From the 2 posts I've read you've claimed both statements to be opinions of yours.
    Posts and threads like this is why I hate the main forum times of the year like this.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

[YOUTUBE]EwTZ2xpQwpA[/YOUTUBE]

Why not? This thread sucks.

6. daking231

daking231 Member

hey Sanchez Wins and they don't.... what they gotta say about that.Wait till we get a home playoff game.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you didnt hear the new song the jets are getting introduced on the field to

[YOUTUBE]uGYWbrr1dqo[/YOUTUBE]

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

That is really a bad way of looking at it.

Sanchez has had so much more talent than the other 2 guys. And honestly, it is not even close.

Sanchez went to a veteran team with a ton of talent, while the other 2 went to young teams with little talent.

And while Sanchez gets credit for being 4-2 in the playoffs, it really would be hard to say that most other NFL qb's could not have done just as well, if not better, than Sanchez (including both Stafford and Freeman). However, I am fairly certain that if Sanchez was on the Lions or Bucs, he would not have 4 playoff wins.

So, the questions about Sanchez are legit, and he is not a top 100 player at the moment. He has the pedigree to be, but until he can complete more than 54% of his passes, and can actually show up to start every game instead of only playing well in the 4th, Sanchez is in no way being disrespected.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Like it or not, QB's get too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when they lose. That's why they're mostly judged on superbowl wins with rare exceptions.

Dan Marino was way more talented than Joe Montana, but never had the superbowl wins like Montana. Montana had a lot more talent surrounding him as well as a genius coach who changed the way NFL offenses are run. Most people put Montana as the best QB of all time, and almost no one will put Marino there.

I do think it's a bit unfair that QB's are judged this way, but there is certainly something to be said for the guy who can lead his team to big wins in pressure situations. So far we've seen quite a bit of that out of Sanchez. Hopefully he has more Montana in him than Marino.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Hopefully Sanchez is not Trent Dilfer being hidden by Rex Ryan's Defensive Genius.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Marino was more physically gifted than Montana but Montana is underrated. Montana won 2 SBs w/o Jerry Rice, the offensive talent in SB XVI was almost comical around the QB. Marino nevre had the same talent but he did have a HIF coach, I think if Marino played in SF they win as many SBs as they did.

One other thing people forget about Montana is at the end of his career when he wasn't great he led KC to thte title game in 1993. KC hasn't won a playoff game since and only had one playoff win from 1970-1992 before he got there.

Joe Montana is very underrated.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Underrated? Most people argue that he is the greatest QB of all-time (it goes back and forth between him and Unitas).

I don't believe Marino would have done well in Bill Walsh's system.

13. Murrell2878

The Jets do not win the 4 playoff games that they have won over the last 3 years w/o Sanchez.

14. nyjunc

I think many people look at him the way you do Brady- as a system guy and that underrates him.

I think Walsh would have adapted.

I'm not saying Dilfer is great but notice how many SB apps Bal has had since they let him go? This position is about more than fantasy #s. Dilfer was a key player for that team, opbviously it was defense #1 but they needed a QB to not make mistakes and to make plays each game and he did that.

15. Murrell2878

I have never heard anyone underate Montana. He's either #1 or #2 all time - depending on who you are talking to.

16. nyjunc

I hear it all the time, the same stuff as the anti-Brady folks.

17. Murrell2878

Montana was miles better than Brady. It's not even close. Montana was not overrated. He's ranked #1 or #2. I've never heard of anyone mentioned as being #1 or #2 other than Montana and Unitas.

18. Murrell2878

Shula was a HOF coach and adapted yet they still won no SB's

19. nyjunc

I'm not comparing the two though both are top 5 all time QBs w/ Montana closer to 1 and Brady closer to 5.

That had more to do w/ not surrounded Marino w/ enough talent. Marino carried average to below average teams to postseason on a routine basis. Walsh adapting w/ the talent they would eventually acquire in SF would have meant multiple SBs.

20. Murrell2878

Marino was drafted by a team that went to the SB the year before he got there. He had plenty of talent. In fact in SB XIX he had the better talent on offense of the two QBs playing that day:

Montana had Wendell Tyler, Roger Craig, Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark. Marino had Tony Nathan, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper and Nat Moore.

Marino had more than enough talent to win a Championship.

Marino had a HOF coach who adapted to his talents and they still did not win a championship. I do think that Walsh was a superior coach to Shula so it's possible Walsh would have been able to lead a Marino QB'd team to a SB win, but I would not expect as many w/ Marino as he got with Montana.