Who would you want to replace Edwards or Holmes next year (if we have to)?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, May 19, 2011.

?

Who should we get to replace either Edwards or Holmes?

1. Brad Smith, Jets

5.0%
  2. Malcom Floyd, Chargers

11.3%
  3. Mike Sims-Walker, Jaguars

18.8%
  4. Terrell Owens, Bengals

6.3%
  5. Randy Moss, Titans

8.8%
  6. Plaxico Burress, Cell block 9

15.0%
  7. Santana Moss, Redskins

7.5%
  8. Lance Moore, Saints

6.3%
  9. Chad Ochocinco, Bengals

11.3%
  10. Trade for another guy or sign another FA (Stuckey, Naanee etc)...

10.0%
  1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Lance Moore could be a very suitable replacement fro Holmes

2. daking231

daking231 Member

its R.Moss have not posted in years but hear me out he can take the top off the defense like no other. But who knows if he will even be in the league come next year.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

voted for Sims-Walker he has some upside IMO after being stuck on the struggling Jags.

like the size/speed combo too.

the list is filled with some suitable names

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

"Moss dis Moss dat Moss dis Moss dat!"

5. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

People talk about Moss like he's the anti-christ or something. The only team he was ever a cancer on was Oakland, who completely sucked while he was there and gave him nothing resembling a supporting cast. Funny how you never heard a peep out of him in Minnesota or New England, you know, teams that are halfway-competent and gave him a shot to win. He's actually a pretty smart dude who understands the game like few other receivers. I have no doubt that he would get along with Rex well if he were to come here.

Still, Moss is unbelievably talented - even at his age - and instantly commands double coverage on just about every single play. His speed has diminished some, but he can still burn a good majority of the DBs in the league and still has the hands and awareness to compensate. Not to mention that allowing one of Braylon or Santonio single coverage the entire game is invaluable in itself.

I would definitely take a gamble on him. Why not?

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

2011's rookie wideout class is pretty fucking solid. If we lose one of our top two wideouts, I'd want to draft one early.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Moss to a one year deal if needed. I am pretty biased when it comes to Ochocinco cause the dude is fucking hysterical so I'd love to see him here.

Sims-Walkers is most intriguing IMO. Young, athletic, and puts up solid numbers on the Jags. Has the most upside of all the names listed.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Chad Johnson, because I think the guy will be very motivated to show he has something left. And, he seems like a guy who wants to win, and never got that chance in Cincy. So, if the Jets had to get a guy to replace BE or Tone, my choice would be Chad Johnson.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Plaxico

The guy will be extremely motivated for sure.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is football, not wrestling. We shouldn't give a damn about a player's personality.

This team is on the verge of being great - we need to bring in guys that can play, not attention hungry has-beens.

11. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Smith brought in from Carolina if the price isn't too steep (With us keeping Edwards of course)

But of the guys listed I like bringing back Stuckey or Moss

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'd be extremely motivated to play for the Jets... doesn't make me a good option though.

I'm not saying I totally dislike Plax but fans seem to think because Vick was a better player after jail than the same will happen to Plax... forgetting #7 got a qhole year to get back to NFL speed and was under 30 while Plax is 35 at a position that requires more physical skills.

Plaxico would be lucky if he came back to become a good red zone threat and that's about it...

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fuck that slouch.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Cotch will be 30 and he'll start to slow down (hoping he's recovering well from his back injury atm). Unless someone really jumps out this year on our roster (unlikely) It wouldn't be the worst idea to invest a high pick on a talented WR. He would be in the right situation to develop nicely and become Sanchez's best weapon for the biggest part of his career.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Those of you guys that watch college ball need to keep an eye on Mizzou TE Michael Egnew.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a dynamic all-around tight end like Egnew if some of the big time wideouts are off the board. This team will be too good to land players like Alshon and Blackmon.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It is about talent first of course. I am aware of his age but he can still be a very effective red zone player like u said. I heard Steelers was after him. I guess he will go back to his team. It would be nice to see him at Jets though

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

2 TE sets would be something that could really work for this team. Considering Sanchez's skill set and the emphasis we put on the running game.

18. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

Owens for sure since he can still play at a high level and i think rex can handle him in the lockeroom

for all the knocks on owens he has never gotten in real trouble and outside of 1 miserable year in buffalo has always produced at a high level

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Id be up for this, getting a vet in FA for a 2 year deal and drafting a WR in the first like Micheal Floyd or Ryan Broyles ( one of them should be there IMO) or a second rounder like Juron Criner who COULD be there, he has great numbers and Braylon like size. Also, IMO his numbers should be similar to last years which would be solid ( 82 receptions for 1,233 yards and 11 touchdowns)

20. NickD

NickD New Member

Moss is a malcontent everywhere

Um, what NFL do you watch? Walked off the field in Minnesota before the game was over. Continuosly caused locker room issues. Bitched about disrespect in New England last year.

He was traded from Minnesota to Oakland and from New England to Minnesota because he was a malcontent. Neither team wanted to put up with his bull any longer and decided to cash in on his talent value.

He is a talent, but I do not think our offense is geared to utilize his talent. You need a quarterback who can place a pass perfectly as he can't just outrun coverage every play. He has to rely on winning the jumpball in double coverage. Let him go somewhere else.