details NFL offer to union ... union says not good enough...wtf

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsFan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

The whole "partnership" thing is bullshit. They aren't partners. If they were really partners the players should match every dollar that the owners have paid for stadiums, organization employees, coaches, janitors, concession stand workers, trainers, cheerleaders, halftime entertainers and everyone else that has ever gotten a paycheck from an NFL team. The way it was before the lockout was the players got 60% of the revenue, without dropping a cent of that into operational costs. To say the owners take no financial risk is ignorant bullshit. Just because the NFL is riding high right now doesn't mean that the NFL is above tough times. The number of blackouts has increased steadily since the economic shit hit the fan, attendance is down, and even though the other teams didn't open their books, I refuse to believe that the Green Bay Packers are the only team bringing in less and less money each year. If there is no need for owners then maybe players should just go start their own league where they can keep 100% of the profits. So I am just going to take you as a liberal that thinks everyone should get a participation ribbon and a check for trying hard and no one deserves to have more money than anyone else.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The ENTER key is not your friend.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

If I am a liberal you are just an inbred from Indiana that has no reading comprehension nor writing skills.

Football as a business has no reasonable facsimile to any that I know, short of Standard Oil, 1970's AT&T or Debeer's. Look them up and read about them and then have a discussion about how this situation and risk is similar to a normal company.

#63 Miamipuck, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

and here we have another moron who thinks that the NFL as an organization is just like his ordinary day job with ordinary no bodies...

5. peytonmanning18

I'm from Illinois and my family does not inbreed.

6. peytonmanning18

Obviously the NFL is not an everyday ordinary job, but the idea should be the same. If my boss tells me that they are losing money and I have to take a small pay cut, lose a few vacation days or something like that, I may not like it but I'm not going leave my job.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If it were as simple as you're making it out to be the owners would simply give a paycut and tell the players to deal with it. Kind of like the normal employees of the Jets.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They said they had reduced the number to 800 mil. during negotiations. The offer says they cut that in half with ththeir latest offer.

◦We offered today to split the difference and meet the union in the midpoint, with a player compensation number that would have been equivalent to player compensation in 2009 and above player compensation in 2010, and we offered grow it from there over four years by $20 million a club, to the point where in 2014 the player compensation number was the union’s number. It was the number the union proposed to us and we accepted it. That wasn’t good enough.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Wow, reading is fundamental. How could I miss the first point?

10. peytonmanning18

The union never had any intention of negotiating in good faith. Their plan from day 1 was to decertify.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its fun how they say to meet them in the middle. the players should ask for more, the owners are the ones trying to change things here. to meet them in the middle is still losing something that they will never in a million years get back.

go ufl!!!

12. deathstar

And I could counter that the NFL was never going to give up going for extra money...

You are just regurgitating the NFL's talking points...

This is more complex than just blaming one side...Both sides were being steadfast on the main point of money. It's that simple.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Whether the players like it or not, the owners have control. Current players have the talent, but not the stadiums or funding to put another league together. If they want to play in the NFL, on a real NFL team they will have to give in.

I would prefer less talented players on TV rather than no football on TV. Players can see what they will, but when their bank accounts run dry they will come back.

I can only imagine the older retired players weren't happy with the decertification. Now they are guaranteed nothing.

Most Unions have out lived their usefulness and just one more to crumble. Just like the car industry, the Union sucked the life out of another great Americian industry.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

[​IMG]

15. deathstar

The owners would NOT like that...the product goes down with piss poor play...just look at the ratings for games with horrible talent. Attendance also go down with piss poor play as well.

Players only get paid from Sept 1 to the end of the regular season. So they can do whatever now and it won't mean anything.

16. alleycat9

i have said it before i will say it again. i am sure the ufl is very happy about what is going on right now. i am sure they would be very happy to fill their 8 teams i believe rosters with nfl talent.

i know i would drive up to east hartford for a few games.

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

alleycat9... Your signature lines needs some adjusting

As a Mets fan I can see why you feel the way you do, but for the Jets, Woody has brought to us winners on and off the field. The last decade has been the best of our history (not counting the one miracle year) and we seem to always be in a position to win.

And for others I went back to an older avatar just for you (no clothes), feel better now?

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

I guess I should have said, your avatars are all horrible, every single one you've ever had. And your sig.

19. Gunther

Gunther Member

The NFL is what it is because of talent. That is it. Anything else can be replaced. NFL owners can be replaced quicker than you might think, but the players have to recognize that they are the reason people show up. It doesn't matter how much money is spent on a stadium or who is calling the game. As long as the product that is being displayed is the best of the best, people will show up. The NFL is just a league, but the players make it a great game.

20. alleycat9

we have had herm, mangini and no superbowls in the last 10 years. same situation as the mets other than they actually made the big game 10 years ago. and go and talk to the psl holders and the rest who have been bent over and fucked with a burlap condom in the last 3 years over this new stadium. i am sure they feel he is a douche just like i do. i love the jets, i cant stand woody johnson. i love the mets, i hope they fuck wilpon right in the ass and he has to sell the team.

i just dont like either one and the way they do business.