Ramsey Vs Fiedler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Didn't Fiedler get signed by the Bucs?

Screw him. I didn't like him or his satellite dishes.
    IMO , They were only fighting for the #3 Spot since 1&2 are Clemens & Penny's

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Clemens is not going to start ou the year as the #2. #2 will be Patrick, if we are struggling and out of it by midseason Clemens will move up and will get a few starts but starting the season I just don't think there's any way he's #2 even w/ all they are telling us about how it's aopen competition.

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Please tell us your qualifications to diagnose BROOKS alleged mental failures. Perhaps you are confusing the lack of experience with IQ! If so, that is totally ridiculous. Brooks never had quality playing time as a late round pick and certinly NO OL in front of him nor did he have a WR with speed or a RB after CURTIS was injured. You apparently have seen something concerning BROOKS lack of brains. Please tell us what it is EXACTLY that you diagnosed. Thank you.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Because we couildn't afford to have 2 QBs with shoulder problems uncertain to start the season.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

And if Fiedler was not healthy enough to play and we were left with Brooks, everyone would have had to be fired on the spot in my opinion. Couple that with Fielder being more expensive cap wise.. and it was as good decision.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ramsey vs. Fiedler. Is that like Godzilla vs. Mothra? I didn't think so. Too bad. At least people could have panicked and stampeded in the Stadium otherwise.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

What? All 10 plays? :eek:hmy:

Umm, he was talking about Aaron Brooks, not Brooks Bollinger dude. Aaron Brooks played for the Saints, and is now with the Raiders. He has often been discussed around here as having a lot of raw talent, but very little between the ears (just like Vinny T! Sorry, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to take one more shot at the interception king!)

Fiedler wasn't a good QB in the first place. He was basically booed out of Miami. He played all of, what, 3 minutes of football here? Come on, with a pretty hefty contract, and a spaghetti shoulder, he was a natural choice for a cut. At least Penny, when healthy, has had success. Fiedler can't make that claim.

Ramsey is here as a stop gap. We got him super cheap (come on, what were we really going to do with that late pick anyway?) He is simply insurance to get us through this year. The Tangini hit gold with Clemmens, but they also knew before the Ramsey deal that they could, if they wanted, get a top-tier QB, or Reggie Bush in the draft (not that I was in favor of any of them though.) The Ramsey deal was a safe bet after we couldn't squeeze Atlanta for Schaub. I can't see him still here by this time next year. If you can't stop throwing INTs in minicamps, how are you going to throw in a real game? Even Vinny did better than that!

I'm pretty convinced right now that our QB crop will be Clemmens, Penny, Bollinger next year. That is all dependent on Penny's shoulder, but I figure he will still be here, at least as the #2 guy. (And I see no reason to let go of Bollinger. Most people agree he could be a solid #2 in this league, and I think he is the best possible #3 a team can ask for.)

8. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Re-read the thread please..... AARON Brooks, not our Brooks. Try to read more carefully next time... not your fault though, I skim sometimes too, it's all good.

#28 crazylion26, Jul 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There's just no way this team needs two QBs coming off shoulder surgeries. Plain and simple.

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

That pretty much sums it up. Keep in mind also that Ramsey still has the potential to be a Franchise QB (I'm not saying that it's likely, but he sure was a great college player and has shown flashes in Washington, however brief.)

11. baghead

baghead Banned

agree with K if only because i dont rate fiedler @ all

12. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

fuck fiedler, he screwed Vinny out of a chance to win teh superbowl this year.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is like comparing a Pinto to a Corvair.

14. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

You are right on the button here.

Just to add. If Chad is healthy by the last week of the preseason, meaning he can make all the throws and feels good (which obviously we the public will never know), Ramsey is gone...not even on the team.

No matrer what anyone thinks Chad is the straw that stirs the Jets. The offense runs lights out with him in there. Thee is a bounce in the teams' step. If he gets hurt the season is a TOTAL LOSS...In theat case you as might as well play your rookie (The future) to get him seasoning and see what he has..Brooks would be your 3rd QB abd your back up if Chad goes down....
    If Chad is not COMPLETELY ready at the start of the season, all bets are then off. Ramsey would be te back up.

Chad will be ready!!! He is the leader -

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ramsey. by a long shot.

16. Young10

Young10 Banned

This can be a dumb reason but maybe because hes a lefty.

17. JetsYankees

JetsYankees New Member

The organization obviously didn't feel like having a rookie compete with 2 veterans coming off of critical surgerys for QB's so they went out and traded a 6th round pick for a still young and talented, healthy QB in Ramsey and released the aging coming, off an injury, Fiedler.

They also are showing a tip in the hat towards Ramsey rather then Bollinger. Both of them were to be FA's after 2006, now they've given Ramsey a 1 year extension to last him through the 2007 season, Bollinger will still be a FA after 06, although now is looking more likely to be released soon after the Eagles game to finish off the Preseason.

The thinking has to be this for Tangini:

06:

1. Pennington (if healthy)
    2. Ramsey
    3. Clemens

07:

1. Pennington (if healthy and performs well in 2006)
    2/3. Ramsey vs Clemens

OR if Pennington plays poorly or gets hurt again

1/2. Ramsey vs Clemens
    3. Day 2 draft pick / cheap veteran FA