Of All The Free Agents The Jets Have, Who Do You Want Them To Keep?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Who do you want ?

1. Braylon Edwards

76.9%
  2. Santonio Holmes

73.3%
  3. Brad Smith

47.6%
  4. Wayne Hunter

41.0%
  5. Nick Folk

7.7%
  6. Shaun Ellis

35.9%
  7. Trevor Pryce

7.0%
  8. David Harris

82.8%
  9. Brodney Pool

24.9%
  10. Antonio Cromartie

46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Holmes
    Edwards
    Ellis ( debatable )
    Harris
    Brad Smith

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I picked two from the O and two from the D. Pending what the cap of 2011 looks like, I'm just assuming 4 or 5 of that group will be brought back.

I picked:
    Holmes
    Edwards
    Pool
    Harris

If the cap is more optimistic then what I think and/or Tanny shows his genius cap ability this year again, I would throw Smith and possibly Hunter in there as well.

3. nhan

nhan New Member

Edwards, Holmes, and Hunter.
    Harris - I want him back but only for the right price (no more than 8 mil a year).
    B.Smith - Love him, but depends on the price. He is definitely expandable.
    Ellis - Would like him back for one more year at the vet minimum. We need some youth on that line.
    Cromartie - I'm a Kyle Wilson believer.
    Folk - If there's nothing else, then I guess we gotta stick with folk.
    Pool - Played better in 2nd half, but nothing really impressive.
    Pryce - Nah.

4. BostonSports

BostonSports New Member

Ellis was a beast in the game against the Pats. I think he still has one year in him. Bring him back unless you guys can draft a DE that can start right away.

Holmes, Harris and Edwards are musts for u guys. Cromartie, while good, is replaceable IMO. Dont think he's worth the money he'll be asking for. Pool could be back. Everyone else on that list is replaceable through the draft

5. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

This is such a fucked up situation, I trust Tanny can work magic, but I feel like it will come down to certain big players taking less money to stay with the team, either way the DL needs a serious remodeling. We get a DL that can eat up Olinemen then our OLB's will look better and the secondary as well.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Why isn't Asomugha on the list?

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Braylon Edwards and David Harris I feel that we need Braylon, because of Sanchez's inaccuracy problems. Having the tall, rangy receiver, who has major vertical, will definitely help. I like holmes and all, but I felt our offense played better in the games that he didn't play. I know he had some huge and clutch catches. But as whole, I thought the offense played way better in the first 3 wins than any other time during the year. A lot of our offensive inconsistencies started in that Vikings game, when Holmes came back. I'm not sure if he was responsible for that, but that kind of an odd coincidence

8. Weezy

Weezy New Member

I agree. You jets fans(I'm also one) have done nothing but knock Folk all year. The guy is a decent kicker with a calm demeanor that does well in pressure. Irealize he missed some kicks, but overall he was clench in some tough situations. Give the guy a chance... he has experience and will continue to improve. Feel alittle bad for him, the fans seem to always bash him. Have you ever noticed in every press conference how he never makes excuses and is always humble. Give the guy a real chance!

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah I missed that somehow, even with the stats right in front me.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

In my opinion Harris, Santonio, Braylon and Ellis are a must keep.

11. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Bump, for more votes, keep it going guys. Still surprised theirs a good 35 people who don't want David Harris.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I can understand it. To me, keeping Edwards and Holmes is extremely important. Maybe Sanchez can continue his progression as a QB without one of them but I'd rather not find out. They make his job easier. Our pass rush sucks, and that has to do with a lack of explosive OLBs and an old defensive line. Makes you wonder if Harris is worth the 8 million dollar price tag when we have those pressing needs.

In a perfect world, Harris would be a restricted free agent. We can sign him for whatever the 1st round tender is worth. Win-win. Nobody signs him to an offer sheet, it's a relatively small cap hit. Somebody does, we have the option of grabbing another first round pick.

#52 ace_o_spades, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  13. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I don't understand why Ellis didn't get more votes. Aside from Revis and maybe Harris, he was the best defensive player the Jets had. He's been a great Jet. He's getting long in the tooth, and probably will only play 1-2 more years, but he should end his career as a Jet. He's still light years better than DeVito or anyone else the Jets have.

I voted for Ellis, Edwards, Harris, Hunter & Brad Smith. I'd also vote for Ihedigbo, E. Smith, & D. Coleman if they were on the list.

Edwards played huge for the Jets this season. Only one drop, was an excellent blocker and showed a lot of fire and competitiveness.

Holmes is too risky and dropped too many passes in the playoffs.

The Jets don't have much depth on the OL and Hunter is the best depth they have. If Woody doesn't come back and Ducasse isn't the answer, Hunter may have to start. If nothing else, they need him for depth.

Brad Smith has been underutilized in the wildcat. He's only thrown one pass from the formation. As a WR, he should get thrown more slants and WR screens to allow him to take advantage of his great YAC skills. He's a great STs player.

Smith, Ihedigbo and Coleman are all excellent STs and role players for the Jets. I wasn't a Coleman fan in previous years, but he has really come on as a player and blitzer. If his spot can be upgraded, I'm fine with it, but wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Folk & Weatherford were excellent early in the year, but both basically choked in the playoffs. If they can be upgraded, great, if not, the Jets will have to keep them for another year.

14. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

folk had a ridiculously terrible november, but he missed kicks in every month of the season, including january. he was 30/39 for the regular season.

folk's biggest asset is his strong leg which somehow doesn't translate to long kickoffs and he's not accurate enough to be kicking from 50+ consistently.

nick folk is not a good kicker anymore. he had that great year a couple years back, was completely awful last year and had another bad year with us.

the pats/steelers picked up kickers during week10/11 who managed to outperform folk. there has to be better options than folk that we can find during the offseason.

15. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Edwards, Holmes, Smith, Ellis, Harris, Pool, Cromartie.

16. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I AGREE!!!!!!!! These are the 3 players I voted for!!!!!!! :jets:

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Holmes, Edwards and Smith are my Top 3.
    Sanchez is developing and taking away either receiver at this point would be a step backwards. Smith is indespensible for his versatility and big play ability.

I may be in the minority here, but if it comes down to a choice between Harris and any of those guys I would drop Harris without hesitation. All of those other players are big play guys. We all love him as Jet fans, but Harris is not an impact linebacker in this league. He's a solid tackler, but he rarely if ever makes a game changing play. Even in the Pats game ... how do you get caught from behind by Crumpler?? Are you kidding me? He's not quick or athletic like Harrison or Mattews or even Farrior for that matter ...he's a liability in pass coverage ... and he adds nothing to the pass rush.

I like having him on the team, but I wouldn't freak out if we were forced to part company to save money for others.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm glad this poll is in favor of Harris, shows how smart this community of Jets fans is.

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Cro attracts unwanted attention.
    Pool stepped up HUGE and showed he can play well, so I'd like him back
    Holmes is huge
    Edwards is huge
    Harris is a fantastic LB
    Ellis is old we need youth
    Pryce no
    Folk no
    Hunter YES

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

What I would want (in order)
    Edwards
    Holmes
    Harris
    Cromartie
    B. Smith
    Pool
    E. Smith
    Ellis
    Turner
    Coleman (never thought I would say this)
    Hunter
    Ihedigbo
    Weatherford

What I think is the most likely scenario

Edwards and/or Holmes
    Harris
    Eric Smith
    Ihedigbo
    Turner or Hunter (probably Hunter)
    Coleman
    Weatherford
    Brad Smith (only if we don't resign either Edwards or Holmes)