Are You Happy With Steelers at Full Strength?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 22, 2011.

?

Are you happy that Steelers would be full strength on Sunday?

1. Yes, I wanna beat them with all their starters

30 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No, I prefer to have the advantage with their players being injured

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. No preference, just wanna reach the SB.

71 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Jets are a far better team now than we were than.

We had the longest td drought in the nfl when playing them, our DTs hand was completely fucked, and we had our 4th string corner playing his first nfl game at safety.

The Jets are coming into this game rawring while the Steelers are barely coming in with a purr after a game the Ravens handed them

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

you do know that teams that get "handed" games in the playoffs dont win right... obviously the ravens shot themselves in the foot but pittsburgh played a nice game

3. HighFlyingJets

Who cares if Polamalu & Miller were out? Cry me a river; the Jets were without Jenkins, Leonhard, Eric Smith and maybe even Woody. Did Damien Woody play againt the Steelers or no? Or was that the game he got hurt? My mind is thinking blank on the Woody injury.

The Jets are heading into this game without our starting NT (Jenkins), our starting SS (Leonhard), as well as our starting RT (Woody). You won't see us making excuses though. Our fan base is too tough to quit on a season because of injuries. If this team can get over the loss of Kris Jenkins, during consecutive seasons, they can get over any injury.

Whats the latest injury report on Pittsburgh? Is Mcfadden expected to play as their #2 CB? Has he been getting practice reps during the week? What about the two O-Lineman who got hurt vs the Ravens? I believe both are expected to play, but what about practice reps? Have they been getting the reps?

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Woody was not credited with a start for that game, although for some reason I thought Hunters first start for us was against Peppers (the next week)

McFadden is listed as probable. Though he might still be a little sore

5. jetsandtheunder

Well I do some, motherfucker makes plays. BUT he missed a couple days practice this week. I guess OP hopes he has a great game or something but I look forward to the first time I see him gimping around. We win either way but fuck them they used to have our number.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Any injury reports on the steelers anyway?

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I agree he is a great player, but we have our fair share of great players too. No excuses Sunday we should win this.

8. SteelersDave

SteelersDave New Member

I think both of our teams are more or less full strenth for the game....at least as close as you can be after a full season of play. I hope for a game of no blatant bad calls or potential excuses for either of us. Whoever wins, I want them to win it decisively.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Why would I hope he has a big game? All I want is to beat the Steelers at full strength. In fact, if this game comes down to one last play, I'd rather have Santonio beat Polamalu badly. But yeah, there would be other excuses if Paula plays n we win.

I wanna win, but the victory will seem sweeter when we beat a scratchless steelers squad.

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Full strength?

Their o-line?

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We're basically at full strength. They're basically at full strength. Who cares?

If they weren't at 100%, and they were missing some of their top guys, I could maybe see asking "Are you okay beating them without Roethlisberger?". Because that would be an excuse for them if they lost. But even then, who cares? No one remembers the AFC Championship game except the loser.

If I had to choose....I guess I'd rather face the depleted team heading in. I've never seen my team in a Super Bowl. No one remembers that Shonn Greene and Donald Strickland, two huge parts of our gameplan, were injured in the middle of the game against Indy. No one remembers injuries. I just want my team to win. If it takes the other team not being at full strength, so be it. I don't root for injuries, but given the stakes of this game, I would just want to win.

But it's not something I really think about at all, or really care about. If you told me I was going to have a win regardless, I'd much rather beat the team at full strength. But in the end, it's an irrelevant question out of the Jets' control.

#31 Jetfanmack, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

^its an irrelevant question in any case. Doesn't matter what we want. We don't get to pick. Nobody gets to. When we ask whic WR we wanna see in NY next yr, thats another irrelevant question. We can have preferences and thats what the poll was.

I guess Im one of the few that wanna beat the best to be the champ. It would be a totally different feeling. Imagine if Seahawks somehow managed to reached the SB and the Jets beat them as compared to beating the Bears/Packers. We would forever be known as the team that won the SB by defeating a team with the worst record of all time (my guess).

Don't get me wrong, I still wanna win. I am so glad of this team right now, that if god forbid, we come up short tomorrow, I will still feel we accomplished a lot this year. 1998 still gets talked about a lot. However, I think this year we have a team that is capable of going all the way. We beat two of the best QBs in the current NFL, and easily the top 5 all-time. I wasn't nearly as pumped for the AFCCG last year as I am this year. Its a feeling at a totally different level tan last year when we beat an average Bengals team, and a good Chargers.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, I could "give two shits" about Steelers injuries. You are on the money with everything you stated. Problem is, there is a lot of Jets hate going on around the non-Jets fans. Even my best friend calls me and tells "Paula didn't play last time, but this time he will be playing. Just sayin...". Thats my best friend, who is a Cowboys fan, supporting the Steelers. Cowboys fans should be the last fans to support the Steelers since Steelers have one more "hardware" than the Cowboys and they shouldn't want that gap to be increased. A Raiders fans texts me and says "Its gonna be a brutal game with Paula in there, son!". Wow, a Raiders fan wants to talk smack? I guess they are ignorant so I shouldn't be surprised, but to have Paula in there, and still whip Pittsburghs ass would reduce one more shitty excuse.

When I think about it, every fan is biased towards his own team. We, the Jets fans, get upset when others say Paula wasn't playing so thats why we won. However, we still claim that if we were healthy last AFCCG, we would have had a SB appearance. Bitches in the media will never bring that up. Instead, they'd just suck on Mannings dick all day long. Sucking Manning and Brady dicks is what they get paid for.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The refs handed the Steelers the SB over Seattle, does that change anything? Same with injuries.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't remember what happened in that SB, but what I can say is that the Steelers deserved to be in the SB to say the least and thats probably why it doesn't get talked about a lot. We weren't considered the favorites once we lost to the Packers, then the Patriots and then the Dolphags. Still aren't, and if we do, such excuses will can become a punch line for the media. Im glad Paula is playing though cuz he isn't the same anymore. And only practicing one day can hurt him too.