Greatest day of my jets life

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Jan 17, 2011.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

For 25 years this team has been everything and last night was just difficult to express due to the emotion / excitement etc. After all the years of soj and the rest we laid a lot of demons to rest and are now a force in the NFL. This team is on the rise , has limitless potential and an owner/GM that are up their with the best in the NFL.

Sat dancing around my laptop in a Berlin hotel at 3am , i realised how much this team means to me and I am sure everyone else who bleeds green felt similar emotions.

PS : Sorry to the people in the room below!!!! I tried to keep quiet but lost it when Greene ran it in!

Thank you Rex Ryan for making my team what we always wanted them to be!!

J.E.T.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Voice was gone, my girlfriend and I were jumping up and down screaming. It was a fucking amazing feeling, especially when Greene scored the TD!!!

3. stizzy78

stizzy78 New Member

Ditto! Great post. Glad you caught the game so far away.

SOJ died awhile ago...but last night it became official

4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

what a glorious morning!! there has never been such a morning!!!!!

5. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Second biggest win of my life time. This felt a lot like Super Bowl III. I hope you youngsters get to know what that felt like, and this just might be the year. This was sweet. Reeeeealy sweet.

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I am going to soak in ALL the media coverage this week. I've lived long enough to know that if you hold off on celebrating until you win it all, you are usually not going to do any celebrating. So enjoy this win!

7. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

I have never felt better then today as a JETS fan......Thank you Woody, Mike, Rex and the NY Jets.......Let see another Pep Rally first one was great

8. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

Glad you enjoyed it from so far away. I woke up smiling, and with a very hoarse voice, but it was worth it. :jets:

9. MastaK

MastaK New Member

Winning against the Pitts and winning it all in few weeks would be great, but this was like SB win for me.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just win the Super Bowl, please Jets!!! I'm sick of being just another "average" franchise. I want the Jets to take the leap and get respect.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also this was one of the greatest days of my life, not just Jets life. Im still young so I haven't had many amazing days, but yesterday was a day I will remember for the rest of my life.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This is right up there with the best. Any win against the Pats is extra sweet for me because they have been such a dominant team and especially because I've lived in New England for most of my life. I have always dreamed of a big win against these guys in the Playoffs. The only thing that could have made this better was if it was in the AFC Championship Game. Can you imagine the Jets raising the Lamar Hunt Trophy on the Pats' home field??

13. jetsandthecity

jetsandthecity New Member

as a 27 year old, this is beyond the shadow of a doubt the best jets win i've ever seen. never felt this way after a jets game before, and i expect more of it!!

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My very 1st Jets game was in 1985 and I was 6 years old. Little did I know at that point how many times I would cry or have my heart broken. Yesterday was without a doubt the biggest win of my lifetime. I am too young to remember the Mud Bowl and while beating Jacksonville and San Diego to get to the AFC title game in 1998 and last year were huge no team has tormented me in my lifetime like the Pats. To go in there and send their fans home with the game well in hand was no doubt one of the most amazing things I've ever seen as a Jet fan. That being said I hope 3 weeks from today we are all looking at this game as just another win and we are celebrating the biggest win for a large percentage of Jet fans.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I went to bed after the 1st quarter, boring game. Doesn't mean that much anyway.
    :rolleyes:

16. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Is still to come.....

17. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

We went nuts in the small room we rented at the local pub! Lost my voice. Biggest win for me as a Jets fan... to date, that is.

I know we can do it Sunday. "Can't wait!"

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

:jets:

18. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Being 32 years old and rooting for this team since 1986, that win was the best moment of my life as a Jets fan. I just hope that we reach that pinnacle...2 MORE GAMES.

19. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

Great win but it'll meaningless at least to me if we don't win

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Every time I see the OP's avatar I think it's Al Darrow and I get an aneurysm. Thanks!