Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

With Tom Moore or Charlie Weis (Or Paul Hackett for that matter) He'd have been a top 5 QB statistically.

2. jb944

jb944 Banned

game manager lmao. he was the main reason they were winning. look how they did the 4 games he missed his second season. look at his career stats they are crazy. his playoff qb rating his second year with the superbowl he wasnt good in is over 100. he got them to big leads in all the playoff games throwing then they went to turtle ball. but dont let facts get in your way. the steelers havent had a real good running game in years. willie's so called big years over 70% of his runs were 2yards or less. he would break 1 or 2 long ones a game to make his stats look much better then they were. bems 3rd down stats during those years were better then anyone else in the league. run run 3rd and 7 ben saves the day

3. jay-ee-tee-es

jay-ee-tee-es Member

i still believe

in the Sanchise!

Last year, despite leading at halftime, I still didn't realistically believe we'd beat the Colts in the AFC Championship.

This year, given the same situation (Jets leading 17-13 at halftime), I would take the Jets (barely).

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Sorry for bumping an old thread here, but Sanchez has been money when it counts the most. If your QB (any year vet) is 4-1 in the playoffs, all on the road, he can not be a chump. Sanchez has not even finished his 2nd season yet and already has won more playoff games than any QB in Jets history. Although not the greatest history, Jets have had a few pro bowl/pro bowl caliber QBs here.

Sanchez is the real deal and people will admit that this off season.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well...Richard Todd was pretty good.

But Sanchez is starting to win me over.

:jets:

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Win you over.

What the fuck else does he need to do? He just did the improbable.

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I would like Sanchez better if he had the ability to fly or fire lasers from his eyes.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wait til this fuckin kid plays with some consistency.

happy as hell he had his first 3 touchdown game in the playoffs too.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

He'll never be that fantasy football numbers QB but I think he'll wind up like a smaller version of Roethlisberger.

I see a lot of similarity in their playing style and team.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

24-14 will be his ratio for the remainder of his career. he'll hit 3500-3800 yards a year.

I'm cool with it.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shove Cimini into a locker.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And improbable?

C'mon...he had a 3-1 playoff record (all on the road no less) going into this game.
    The odds were heavily in his favor.

But seriously...I was being sarcastic about the Todd reference.

Sanchez is the man, and he showed it today.

13. TheBeardedOne

TheBeardedOne New Member

I think Sanchez is going to play into a quarterback that cant be compared. When he settles down and has everything in his head I believe hes going to be a play maker who can hit those big passes and run around the pocket to make time. He will have potential to have a big game when the secondary is napping but he will also keep the D honest and let the run game do its job. Saying that he makes close but bad passes only is a good thing for a maturing QB most his picks as you can see yourself have been either good plays or missed reads. Take back some of those big drops this year from the WR's and at least his numbers look a little better. He has played HUGE in big games and has those big play moments where he places the ball only where his guy can grab it. For a SoCal kid who cant play in the cold he's doing pretty good in NY :steelers:

14. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I think he is one more baby step from being a top 10 QB. He has the same skill set as Aaron Rodgers but needs to work on his accuracy. He is gaining on Matty Ice right now.